MP Pack 3 Beta Test thread

What's with all the secrecy?

It's just a patch beta not the formula to coke cola.

So you created a post to tell us that it's great but you are not gonna tell us why? All this secrecy is getting tedious.

Come on Colin man up and spill the beans.

Yes!!!

Why not let the whole community test the patch? We paid $50.00 for it. "Ahh, let's play with their minds.....that will keep them buying our games. Sorry for ranting but when is this Aug. patch coming out? :wacko:

Well, everyone had the option to apply to beta test this. As of when will it be out...who knows...maybe next week...maybe not!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you say if the team leader dies/mission ends issue has been addressed?

That is GRAW campaign... not the new/old... ;) You'll see

Oh man...i wish i could talk about this...lol Graw style 4 man coop players will be happy with what has been done though. ;)

Edited by }PW{ Postal

Not me. I'm glad i didnt sign up. And don't take this wrong. I appreciate each and every one of you for doing this. It has to be done. I have done my share of testing software in this life. I do not want to riun ot for myself. I much prefer seeeing the quantum leaps that good patches bring in one fell swoop. Gives me the much needed "restart" energy i need to take on a game all over again with an open mind.

I will sat this though. I hope you guys have been given a solid format for reporting bugs.

1. I hope you all have your entire hardware config (including driver versions) autodetected by some standard tool they privided and have this data present in EACH AND EVERY BUG you report. If not, one of you should start this and teach ophters on the beta to do it too.

2. Short description of bug

3. longer, more detailed description of the bug

4. STEPS FOR REPRODUCTION. Let me assure you that this is the single most important part of any good bug report. when a dev can follow your steps (you know, lke 1. do this. 2. click this, 3 look this way 4. see bug) you are closer than any other bug reporter to getting your pet bug fixed. don't make it hard on them to see what you saw.

i

These are the basics, but when doing large scale betas with non professional testers, these few basics can carry a team a long way.

But I'm sure you guys got some sort of review on the format they want tehir bugs in. I'm probably just talking the obvious.

Sleepdoc

I think most if not all of the big requests of the community are addressed in here. Not perfect yet, but that's why it's a BETA! Let's just say I'm now holding my breath for a Xmas FireFight this year!

Yeah, I think it'll be THAT big a step in the right direction for the community.

As a Ghost Recon CO-OP fan, I have to say that the new [GR] CO-OP mode is a lot "closer" to Ghost Recon CO-OP than before. As all of you can see on Game Spy, the [GR] COOP rooms hold 12 players, so think of that as a huge step in the correct direction.

silent_op

Well, everyone had the option to apply to beta test this. As of when will it be out...who knows...maybe next week...maybe not!

Just because you can apply doesn't necessarily grant you access to the beta. I know of a bunch of people, myself included, that signed up early and got "no joy". :g_guns:

With the test only being 4 days, I'm guessing that we're < 3 weeks out from a patch release at this point, barring any major catastrophic bugs with this patch.

' date='Aug 31 2006, 07:59 PM' post='414609']

Just because you can apply doesn't necessarily grant you access to the beta. I know of a bunch of people, myself included, that signed up early and got "no joy". :g_guns:

With the test only being 4 days, I'm guessing that we're < 3 weeks out from a patch release at this point, barring any major catastrophic bugs with this patch.

Well i didnt say that if you apply then you would get chosen.

But in your reply to Kevman you insinuated that if he would have just filled out the app, he would be testing now, and that's just not the case.

' date='Sep 1 2006, 08:14 AM' post='414816']

But in your reply to Kevman you insinuated that if he would have just filled out the app, he would be testing now, and that's just not the case.

Well if you read it that way..im sorry but what i was actualy insinuating was that he had the option to TRY to get in. His post might have been misleading to some...so thats why i said what i said. You shouldnt go around assuming things ...it can lead to a very upset life.

Edited by }PW{ Postal

Well if you read it that way..im sorry but what i was actualy insinuating was that he had the option to TRY to get in. His post might have been misleading to some...so thats why i said what i said. You shouldnt go around assuming things ...it can lead to a very upset life.

:rolleyes:

No assumptions here, just clarifying that entering a ticket into the raffle does not guarantee a winner.

With other publishers recently providing open public betas for feedback, I can see where Poita and Kevman came from with regards to their comments on the "secrecy" of a beta patch with features that are already listed in previous announcements to the community early in the summer. With that said, I understand from the standpoint of Ubi and Grin if and what is protected under a NDA in case a feature for some odd reason did not work, and was previously promised to the community, causing a big uproar.

With that said, finish testing already, and Git 'er Done! :)

GRAW [GR] coop "Firefight" maps are the same as "Recon" the only difference is the extract zone.The ennemies appears at same place...my suggestion is that you relocate the ennemies in the 3 "Firefight" maps.And put 110 ennemies cause too much space is wasted in those huge maps...the 12 players need some more to kill.And dont forget an ennemies countdown on the hud or in the text chat.

Talkin 'bout the" text chat" in all GRAW coop types ;WE NEED TO HAD CONFIRMATION OF ARE KILLS not only ex:

player1 has been snipe

player2 has been elimated

player3 has been kill...only negatives

If you play [GR] coop you will have a voice confirmation like"h'es history"that i like too ear when I kill a bot and more than that they also have it in the 'text chat'.

player1 killed a Cuban assasin

player2 killed a Turkish terrorist

refugee killed player1...

Give a name too the Mex bots like Mex sniper,Mex terrorist,Aguilara whatever...

GRAW [GR] coop "Firefight" maps are the same as "Recon" the only difference is the extract zone.The ennemies appears at same place...my suggestion is that you relocate the ennemies in the 3 "Firefight" maps.And put 110 ennemies cause too much space is wasted in those huge maps...the 12 players need some more to kill.And dont forget an ennemies countdown on the hud or in the text chat.

Talkin 'bout the" text chat" in all GRAW coop types ;WE NEED TO HAD CONFIRMATION OF ARE KILLS not only ex:

player1 has been snipe

If you play [GR] coop you will have a voice confirmation like"h'es history"that i like too ear when I kill a bot and more than that they also have it in the 'text chat'.

I think no confimation of kills leads to the whole realism aspect. Just when you thought the tango was down and you started to move on, bammo he gets himself up and shoots yah.

player1 has been snipe

I think no confimation of kills leads to the whole realism aspect. Just when you thought the tango was down and you started to move on, bammo he gets himself up and shoots yah.

maybe this is an option...

a sports commentator like in SP missions

then it says "players shot mex, but wait he gets up no, no fatal hit

he shoots again but the mexican rebound is magical and the mex kills another "

this would add to realisme as you sit behind a screen in a sporting kinda way

but seriously, i do miss the confirmed kill text details

would be nice to have a more detaild version of text and a player (on/off toggle) confirm kill text

Edited by sui317

only one complaint here. Lean around a corner, then take one strafe step. the lean goes upright, then to the lean again. very frustrating... like i have to re-learn my technique all over again. it is very realistic to lean around a corner and side step while still leaning. can we fix it back to the way it was previously? pretty please?????? :whistle:

For those that don’t know who I am, I, along with Colin, represented GRNET at the UK press release of GRAW

I would like to take this opportunity to say a big sorry to the COOP community. I feel that I have been inadvertently used as a bringer of false promises regarding on line coop play and future tournies.

Who used me? The painful answer is BO.

I do not intend to speculate as to BO’s intentions or motivation but the bottom line here is that information given to me led me to believe that we, as COOP gamers would get what we need to move on to a next generation of GR COOP.

It is my personal opinion that GRAW will never provide the COOP community with an off the shelf package that will ever see another COOP tournament that we all know and love.

Modders will no doubt try to find a way and good luck to them.

This could so have been the future but unfortunately GRAW was never written to be played in the COOP mode as we understand it.

For those DIEHARD coop fans awaiting the upcoming [GR] mode let me take responsibility for my previous posts and warn you all that its fools gold at the end of a petrol stained puddle, not a rainbow!

PS Dai, you where right, I was wrong. I so wish it was the other way round as we would both be happy :wall: