MP Pack 3 Beta Test thread

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with all the secrecy?

It's just a patch beta not the formula to coke cola.

So you created a post to tell us that it's great but you are not gonna tell us why? All this secrecy is getting tedious.

Come on Colin man up and spill the beans.

Glad to see someone was able to get it downloaded. I recieved my email with login/pw and have not found a thing on the FTP site. I use WS_FTP Pro as a client. I see other user-created folders with names stating the same thing: Where the heck is the Beta? It is not on the FTP where they say it is.

Any suggestions?

Anyone know how to set up the Standalone file? I'm having issues and don't get past the first Athena Hardware check.

Yah need to post this question in the beta forum. It's open now. If you post it there i will answer you as i have already set ours up and tested it.

well this just proves why beta tests are done secretively <_<

You are right. I was one preaching how open beta would be cool and couldnt figure out why it dont happen more often. Well...this proved why and i change my stance on open beta!

if they didnt let users mess around with the folders and upload/delte things then it would have been a whole lot better imo

Where the heck is the Beta? It is not on the FTP where they say it is.

Any suggestions?

See the last 5 or so pages of this...

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38188

We have found the problem and the problem is us.

OMFG! Being geographically challenged, 6 time zones behind EST, I didn't have a chance in hell of getting the download before they pulled it.

That ###### ###### me off. Thanks for the info.

Nice avatar, noquarter. Prior C Co 1/325, then 82D AVN BDE. u?

Anyone know how to set up the Standalone file? I'm having issues and don't get past the first Athena Hardware check.

Yah need to post this question in the beta forum. It's open now. If you post it there i will answer you as i have already set ours up and tested it.

Anytime I try logging into the beta forums an error message pops up saying "You have not been given the permission(s) to access this page. You require the following rights to view this page: 'View Subjects (This Forum)'. For a full list of permissions you have on this community, please visit your Personal Zone Permissions page."

I received the beta email from Ubisoft, and still haven't been able to access the download or get in the forum.

I got all the previous directories and clicked on them... And below is the final page which does nothing.. Actually, the bmp file did show on screen...

Now I'm getting this but that's as far as it goes...

Up to higher level directory

08/31/2006 01:59AM 875,752 AutoRun.bmp

08/31/2006 01:59AM 86,016 AutoRun.exe

Edited by Stormin

I'm not impressed the by morons who are adding files and such. If you guys can upload that means that the FTP was created incorrectly. There should be an admin password and a client password (at the very least). Looks like they overlooked that and sent the admin password to everyone.

I also agree with Giants. You guys that wanted to beta test signed up and got accepted. Then you go and pull some really stupid stunts like mess with the file structure. Nice way to thank them. It figures that a few guys are going to make the whole GRAW community look like idiots. Granted, some of you guys are but for the most part there's some decent people here.

I know what it's like to fuxored by someone you trust. We had one of our squaddies get ###### off and crash our website (4 years ago). He's a POS and so are you morons who think you're being cute.

I hope you get cancer.

two men

in a world of chaos

enemies from birth

but now

united against a common enemy

IM WITH RUGGBUTT!

hehe, not the cancer bit tho...thats a bit harsh :)

This screw up isn't their fault by any means, and while it's their files it was Ubisofts responsibility to get it out to the testers to let them discuss it. So far, a lot of testers haven't gotten the file and still more can't even get on the beta forums. Hopefully the file will be posted again soon.

So does Grin have anything to say?

Maybe something... useful, like it will be back up shortly, or you all screwed yourselves... Anything? lol

They all kind of hide when catastrophes happen.

well see when stickan gets here, but I think its a bit out of our hands, that the ball is in ubis court, but I cant say for sure

Ubisoft screwed up.

Not the CEO, not the COO, not the guy who mops the john, but some middle management employee pushed out a requirement for setting up an FTP server that was stupid, or some tech wasn't worth the dime they were paid for setting it up.

Don't blame GRIN. It's absolutely not their fault.

Don't blame Ubisoft Corporate. Sure, they are guilty of a lot of things, but this is a trickle down problem. Someone with no sway messed up, not the corporate entity.

It's hard for me to say this, but don't blame the idiots screwing up the FTP server. Sure, it's moronic to trash a server because you have a high level of access to it, by glaring mistake.

Blame the fool who configured the server, or the manager who ordered them to make it insecure.

We'll never see anything official about this screwup. That's not Ubisoft's way, nor that of most companies. But, it's a fact.

I've been in two Ubisoft betas so far. One was merely a pain in the ######, and the other was just stupid. This current situation just adds to my ire.

Somewhere, an intern is being paid crap, and is turning out an appropriate performance.

Ok, well I try and download it through FlashFXP, IE7 and Opera. And it connects with all of them, it just takes a minute. So when it does eventually connect, there are no files listed. So, I tried a direct link with the exe file listed, and it gives me an error:550 (removed full name) BETA.exe: No such file or directory

So, anyone else getting this?

Yes i can log in, but there is no file to download.

For some reason i can now download the file.

Edited by ^BR^LARSA

Well, I guess that's what I get for signing up for the beta about a week ago. Obviously way too late. :wall: Should have signed up as soon as it was posted. :wall: I hope this update is going to be as good as everyone is saying it's going to be. It's such torture knowing where the beta is located but not being able to get it because of the pw thing. :wall:

PS:This is my first post on this website. I only recently became a ghost recon game fan since I got GRAW on pc the day it came out. Since then I have gotten the [GR](PC),GR2(Xbox), and GR2:SS(Xbox). I am now a permanent GR fan and would like to say hello to all the GR Veterans in here.

Edited by Demanufakture