MP Pack 3 Beta Test thread

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'm not accusing you of anything - so just relax I just found it funny and thought it I might have had a little light hearted jab at ya. I thought you would have taken it that way given my use of the "wink" emoticon. However if you want to take it so seriously, my apologies that was not my intent. Yours is not the only name showing up there BTW.

Last time I was actually able to browse the directory, I saw in the neighborhood of about 15 to 18 directories all of various names and phrases. I just wondering if people are having "fun" uploading files as well....

Well it's pretty much as I feared. From the names of some of the directories, looks like people are able to upload. So the question is which one are you going to trust once you are able to actually see a file?

UBI really needs to lock down the folder and restrict the ability to modify the directory....

The beauty for me is that I downloaded the file this morning, installed it, and was promptly told by a beta server that my game files didn't match. :wacko:

Then, I joined another beta server, and it let me join, only to crash me to desktop. I uninstalled the whole game, erased every mention of ghost recon and ubisoft from my registry, reinstalled, and it behaved exactly the same way.

Why would you guys screw around with the ftp server after they were nice enough to give us the chance to test this product. I bet the file was there and one of you ass hats deleted it to be funny. Did no one ever teach you people manners or how to respect anothers property?

The beauty for me is that I downloaded the file this morning, installed it, and was promptly told by a beta server that my game files didn't match. :wacko:

Then, I joined another beta server, and it let me join, only to crash me to desktop. I uninstalled the whole game, erased every mention of ghost recon and ubisoft from my registry, reinstalled, and it behaved exactly the same way.

Sorry to hear that Logos. Sounds like you need a little more good karma. I know how you could get some... how about posting the md 5 hash of the installation file for us. I can promise oodles and oodles of good karma for you if you do. :)

I hope Ubi learns the lesson. Don't do an "open" beta anymore, people will abuse it and ruin it for everyone. The way people are abusing Ubisoft's server is NOT right, some people really need to grow up. After this crap I wouldn't fault Ubi for never doing a GR series beta again. <_<

I will agree they should have secured the server but that still does not make the actions of the people who abused this right. Same way it doesnt make it right for me to put on a mask and tear up your car cause you didnt install an alarm. RESPECT! Learn it and live it.

Edited by RuTHlezz1

You have to admit it is rather foolish to leave the FTP open, allowing anyone to upload or delete whatever they want. So far that is the only thing wrong that I've seen (not that I've gotten far....).

Yes it is, people make mistakes though and sometimes forget things. However, that doesn't matter much, does it. People, who are not Ubisoft employees, are abusing someone elses property, being accepted to the beta doesn't give them that right.

I don't believe you, so provide the link/login/password. K THX BYE. :D

Go easy on him...he was just kidding around, sheesh.

blahia8.th.jpg

Dude you forgot to black out the largest FTP link in that screenshot. Are you blind?

You have to admit it is rather foolish to leave the FTP open, allowing anyone to upload or delete whatever they want. So far that is the only thing wrong that I've seen (not that I've gotten far....).

Yes it is, people make mistakes though and sometimes forget things. However, that doesn't matter much, does it. People, who are not Ubisoft employees, are abusing someone elses property, being accepted to the beta doesn't give them that right.

This beta is totally half-assed. Admit it. Any other beta would give us direct contact to the devs. Not this one...

At least all the other beta's I've participated in have....