MP Pack 3 Beta Test thread

betas are very important. Any of you mod makers know why.

Im not sure any of you have seen how easy bug reporting is if you have a proper form to fill out. It doesnt have to be a forum like this. That would just be messy.

Edited by Prozac360

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first saw this I was "OOOOH, Excited" and signed up. But then I re-read it this afternoon and the "spin" kinda ticked me off. They make it sound like they've "given" us something for free with these patches out of the goodness of their heart when they've only fixed bugs and added game modes that should have been there from the beginning.

I'm glad to hear the next patch "WILL CONTAIN" an [GR] Coop mode and Admin Tools, BUT.

Are the people at UBI so far distanced from reality to believe the game that was released was complete and they've done us a favor with the first 2 patches?

This will be the last pack that is free. I imagine this will bring the game to what it should have been at release.

I expect we will get a couple patches after this though.

Ubisoft have already publically confirmed the game came out too early.

Ubisoft has today confirmed details of the Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter update for PC, which is set for release in the near future. Announcing that a number of missions (namely 1, 5, and 9) have been made compatible with the co-operative mode, making the entire campaign now fully playable in the mode, the publisher also released further features for inclusion in the update.

Sitting at the top of the list is a Deathmatch mode, which will come with three new multiplayer maps (Industrial, Suburbs, and Hollow), together with a Map Editor, and a Anti-Cheat server options. The development team has also tweaked and fixed a number of bugs identified through the game, full details on the official Ghost Recon website.

So why didn't the original release feature this functionality? The answer is simple business, as explained by Mathieu Girard, GRAW PC Producer:

"Because GRAW PC would have then been released for Christmas 2006!"

There you have it, GRAW fans. Ubisoft preferred to release the game incomplete than delay it until the end of the year...a tactic that a certain company in Redmond will be all too familiar with.

I am just glad about the coop part.

After this update and a couple of patches I would like to know whats in storefor the future, no word on future plans, in fact SILENCE from Ubisoft.

Will it be down to the modders and a couple of the Dev Team.

Time will tell

It would be nice if we could just rely on everyone to be honest and trusting in this process but unfortunatly this is the real world and it probably wont happen. This is why i understand anyones skeptisism in this form of testing.

If this form of mass testing was done more often then it might become more of a second nature thing than something to look down upon. Its just that all the right tools need to be implimented for this to work properly. Something like this takes alot of responsibility on our part, the publisher and the dev team for it to work properly.

Edited by }PW{ Postal

After this update and a couple of patches I would like to know whats in storefor the future, no word on future plans, in fact SILENCE from Ubisoft.

Time will tell

Sorry to go a little OT but I will say that if the modders with a little help from the dev team can do half as much with GRAW as they did with [GR] I am sure we will be more than pleased with the results

If there are no dedicated server files in this next "MAPPACK" my clan FMF will move on to another game. I hope the gaming community will start to stand up and demand that dedicated server files be released in the beginning not some 6 months later.

You can log onto this game every evening and only see about 5 servers full, come on this game is new it should have a 100 full servers. That alone speaks volumes about what people have think about your game.

UBI has forced me to re-think my purchasing. I have always pre-ordered all my games. I will not pre-order another UBI game because of GRAW and LockDown botch jobs.

I still cross my fingers for this patch to include SAD file.

This will be the last pack that is free. I imagine this will bring the game to what it should have been at release.

I expect we will get a couple patches after this though.

Sitting at the top of the list is a Deathmatch mode, which will come with three new multiplayer maps (Industrial, Suburbs, and Hollow), together with a Map Editor, and a Anti-Cheat server options. The development team has also tweaked and fixed a number of bugs identified through the game, full details on the official Ghost Recon website.

The last pack that is free.. I hope they then mean Pack and not patches. I have no issue shelling out some cash for an expansion pack.. but I hope UBI do not expect us to buy patches... which I am sure they do not.. but just the words LAST scare me a little.. I know GRIN has said they will be around to support us for a long time ... I just hope UBI let's em!!

Time will tell

Sorry to go a little OT but I will say that if the modders with a little help from the dev team can do half as much with GRAW as they did with [GR] I am sure we will be more than pleased with the results

:thumbsup:

If there are no dedicated server files in this next "MAPPACK" my clan FMF will move on to another game. I hope the gaming community will start to stand up and demand that dedicated server files be released in the beginning not some 6 months later.

You can log onto this game every evening and only see about 5 servers full, come on this game is new it should have a 100 full servers. That alone speaks volumes about what people have think about your game.

UBI has forced me to re-think my purchasing. I have always pre-ordered all my games. I will not pre-order another UBI game because of GRAW and LockDown botch jobs.

I still cross my fingers for this patch to include SAD file.

Read the info. It's coming in the next pack (aka the one your signing up to beta test)

BETA TEST (THX for the post Rocky)

Well I thought long and hard about JOINING UP TO BETA TEST and the bottom line is

simple, if you don't join up to BETA TEST then you will have no right to moan if

any bugs are left in. BETA TESTING will find the bugs in the next patch but if

you are not part of it and are reading this thread,

then you will have only yourself to blame.

SO NO MOANING AFTER !!! :g_guns: GET SIGNED UP !! :o= I DID !! :thumbsup:

viii

LETS ROCK 'n' ROLL PEOPLE

To register: http://websurveyor.net/wsb.dll/15991/graw_beta_mp3.htm

You've been asked to help out

2000+ THREAD READS and 40 signups ?? SHAMEFUL :angry:

edit added:-

Do you think we are going to get loads of death match player trying to sort out siege game type.

I do hope not plz get it right.

Get signed up then and STOP F*KIN MOANIN be a BETA TESTER NOT A MOAN FESTER

and if you have signed up, then say you have, there is no shame, only to those who

have the time and don't contribute.......

If we're to get console commands/server tools and new content, there'll be entirely new bugs and shortcomings. i'm sure the dev team will stick with us for a while longer. i smell an expansion by 12.25.06.

Well I hope that means YOU have signed up to the BETA TEST , or are you one of the many "MOANERS"

Now with these 50 people testing...the forum posts about bugs and such would be very neat and proper but you couldnt possibly expect them to find all the problems.

Oh...i used the number 50 for a reason... ;)

Lets hope that out of more than 10,000+ members of GRnet the sign up is more than 50 BETA TESTERS, because that would show the commitment from the community. I hope you were one of the members to sign up "postal" ?

We are mass testing the patches. that's why there's more patches :D :D

Zulater the comedian, helpful as ever. p.s. joke zul'

Surely this sort of call for community involvement should have come before the game was released - and not when we're at the t*rd-polishing stage?

You know there is a saying " Better late than never" are you man enough to take up the "tu*d" challenge ? sign up and help out.

viii

Im willing to bet alot have. Probably more than just that has posted. But i dont think there is any way to tell.

GRIN knows, now if they are willing to share with us, we will know the level of interst out there above our own. By the way, GREAT SIG friend. :thumbsup:

If we're to get console commands/server tools and new content, there'll be entirely new bugs and shortcomings. i'm sure the dev team will stick with us for a while longer. i smell an expansion by 12.25.06.

Well I hope that means YOU have signed up to the BETA TEST , or are you one of the many "MOANERS"

i've signed up, but i also play the game every night almost. online that is. if you're correct about the number of people showing interest in this, the reason for it, or should i say reasons, are identical to why we never see over 200 people on at the same time. be it the widescreen bug, or lack of resemblance to the original, or even inadequate hardware, you can't expect oranges to grow on apple trees. about a 100 people makes for a decent beta test anyway, especially when those are handpicked volunteers, and not the "gansgster stoner console kids" or something like that.(ask Prozac for a more detailed description)

i've signed up, but i also play the game every night almost. online that is. if you're correct about the number of people showing interest in this, the reason for it, or should i say reasons, are identical to why we never see over 200 people on at the same time. be it the widescreen bug, or lack of resemblance to the original, or even inadequate hardware, you can't expect oranges to grow on apple trees. about a 100 people makes for a decent beta test anyway, especially when those are handpicked volunteers, and not the "gansgster stoner console kids" or something like that.(ask Prozac for a more detailed description)

I hope you realize , I posted to provoke reaction cos' I fear that after all the moans, the one chance to help out is going to be missed. salutes to you "th33f" for signing up. I just hope there are over 100+ from this site that wanna help out (with BETA TESTING).

viii