I'm fed up with talentless, mindless, kids on GRAW!

Killer Boo

Man I have had it! So many kids playing this games it's getting to be a joke!

Are there any REAL men that want to add me and get a clean game on?

As some of you kind of know I have been playing GR for the past 3 maybe even 4 years, (I even got GRAW a week earlier than the shipping date!) I play nothing else! and now I find too many children getting into this game and it's starting to annoy me, and I don't want to put this down!

Thanks guys!

Kia - older wiser, grumpy 37 year old gamer!

I have seen KB on but I think his time zone is way early - although we did have Snacks participating in the Coop tourney from the UK (He set his alarm for 3AM or something like that ... true dedication there ).

But if we get an early GRAW night going I will be sure to send you an invite.

Wierd, I've found over the years that it isn't just the kids who have bad attitudes.

Surely over the years you must have built up a selection of friends you can call upon to game with you?

And please add me to your friends list, I'm always happy to have good gamers on my server or be invited to a good server.

Hey Boo are you Dutch?

If so feel free to stop by at our clan chat site: http://www.dutchghosts.nl .

We are a group of Dutch gamers with most members in there 20's and up till in there 40's.

The Dutch Ghosts is a "fun clan" which basically means we play just for fun and not to be the best, so don't expact any clan matches over here (same goes for little kids ;) ).

The Ghost Recon games have always been our core games but other (tactical) shooters/games are also being played.

Again feel free to stop by and/or ad me to your friendslist.

You can find us mostly online in the evening till in the night.

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT?!? are you crazy, no disrespect or anything i would just like to voice my opinion on your thread as i am entitled too:

1.Xbox is aimed towards teenagers,there for teenagers ARE going to play games

2.why are you complaining about kids being talentless, they got to learn sometime

3.maybe xbox is for the younger generation,

4.my 8 year old brother plays ghost recon and hes better then some of the older people he plays evan me(14)

5.i know some kids are idiots when there shouting down the mics and swearing at people for no reason i respect that point of view but if there being sensible n having fun i dnt really care so why should you what makes you the ULTIMATE gamer,jst cuz u older then us makes me sick haha

as i said no disrespect i jst wanted to say that

Actually, the average age of a gamer is 33 years old.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9342

or just google "average age of gamer".

Therefore, the majority of games would be marketed towards the 18-49 demographic. Not that there are not games marketed towards teens, a hefty amount of marketing is to the teens, but that is not where the gaming industry is making their most money.

Further, GRAW is rated Teen in the US, suggesting 13 and up, and is rated 16+ in the UK. So clearly the game was not developed for kids, and from the marketing I have seen used for GRAW, they intended to make the majority of their sales to an older audience.

• 2 weeks later...

Only thing that made me quit GR:AW was all the campers, I'm not sure to what degree you are talking about the kids being talentless. Wether or not you are talking about the kids spawn camping or not.

They would some how sneak into my spawn and start spawn killing everyone. They thought it was talent.

Even the anti-spawn killing method doesn't work to full effect, it's bugged.

I LOVED GR:AW, and played it non stop for the first month.

Then everyone just started spawn killing. And making fun of you when you got angry.

I always tend to be on the losing team, and come out at the #1 spot.

Only wish I have for this game, is that they put in random spawn areas. I would start playing again religiously if that happened. I would even buy the extra content! :P

The kids on here are also annoying as well.

Edited by SillyHalfMexican

I've grown tired of waiting for a match to end really.

It's fun and all, but it just isn't something I can do all day.

It's not that I suck and die early, but even waiting for a minute grows tiresome, especially in GR:AW where it can turn into a camp fest when it comes down to the last 2 people.

I just prefer SS, mainly because it's an arcadey shooter, and is anything but tactical. So it's always fast paced.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread or anything Killer Boo, I overall agree with your statement as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm ... with the prices of 360's still up there, they must be talentless, mindless, kids on GRAW with money <_<:P

And the point you are trying to make? When kids don't have to pay for a mortgage/rent/etc. I would imagine they can spend $60 on a game. 0:)

Yeah, CR6, so because kids have rich parents who don't pay attention to their kids, means that they [the kids] have talent and a mature mind?

Right.

I'll remember that next time I go over to my nephews.

I don't think anyone has to be 'rich'. You and I may find the console and games expensive, but that is because we place a different valuation on the platform and games then someone else. For instance, people living in terrible slum housing somehow go about with Razr cell phones. Are they rich?

If I were an enterprising young man still living at home it would take 20-yards of mowing to buy the premium 360 kit, and three more to buy the game. Nothing mommy and daddy had to do to get that condition, and in my little HOA community it wouldn't be hard because I'd be charging half the cheapest going rate for mowing a 1/4 acre lot.

But, my point wasn't that justification of kids needed to be taken or taken away, but rather I've had the misfortunae to open a private MP game to the community at large and had even so-called adults act immature to the point my friends and I have gone back to playing privately. Its not just kids that are immature.

I think spending time growing a list of trusted friends that can play in private games is a worthwhile endeavor.

I never said it was ONLY the kids that are immature, there are plenty of teenagers and semi-adults that are so rediculous it's not funny.

It ruins the Console scene for me, I stick to PC mainly.

To be honest, I see alot more maturity on the PC scene. Because, unless it's a 12 year old who begged their parents for a good computer, then the teenagers and adults who play, work for their money and computer parts. They usually show their maturity.

I'm not saying that all the kids are spoiled brats, but the majority that I have played with from various games, are spoiled. You can't deny that fact.

It's easier for them to beg or work for a console instead of a PC, even if they are in a 'ghetto' area.

Anyways, we can discuss this all day, won't really get us anywhere.

I'm just agreeing with the OP that the kids do get on my nerves on XBL, and that they ruin it for me.

I'm always looking for a nice fun MATURE game, and the kids and idiotic teenagers that still have a lot of growing up to do, doesn't help me in that quest.

Kind of sad when I have to call it a quest to find a decent game.

And private games get boring after a while. I am a rank whore, I love to build any kind of ranks in any kind of game. And I hate it when my stats aren't written down, so I usually stay away from unranked games. And I know that when you go from unranked to ranked, it's a different attitude that you need. But there's a line between being cheap, like spawn camping. Where you can't do anything at all, to people camping midway through the map, where you can atleast have a better chance of doing something.

Edited by SillyHalfMexican