When will DLC be free?

Clum-Z-Boy

First off, I apologize if this has been asked before... I ran a search, and haven't come up with anything.

My question (you may have read it in the title ;) ), is this: will Chapter 2 be free after a while?

I remember back on Halo 2, they released their new maps right at the start of summer. Then came August, and the maps became free.

So, I was simply wondering if Ubisoft was going to do something similar. I'm a sucker for co-op, but, hell, 1200 points? That seems a little out of whack, value-wise.

hopefully it will never be free.

Took the words right outta my brain. Pay for it or ######

(my appologies to anyone offended by what I have just said but I'm getting tired of people complaining about having to pay for extra content because they think the game wasn't made the way it should have been in the first place. I'll tell you what I've not played graw in quite some time and honestly only played it for about a month after I got the DLC and I still am very happy that I paid for the DLC because I wanted it and I enjoyed it. It's going to be a new way of life to have to pay for certain things and I don't see some of you complaining when you buy arcade games on the marketplace. And I must say that outpost Kaloki X must be a very popular game for it to have stayed on the marketplace so long, 400 points for the game and another 1200 or so for all of the addition and yet noone has complained about it. if you want it you'll buy it if not you'll need to stop complaining about having to buy it if you don't plan on doing it. I get so angry I want to kick people in the taint when they complain about these things.)

As the original poster said Halo already set a precedent for reducing cost of DLC over time. In fact there are very few retail goods that don't get their prices reduced over time.

If it maintains or increases the player base I am in full support of seeing Chapter 2 offered for a reduced cost or free. I would actually like to see it offered for free in light of the inability of those who do not have the DLC to join in rooms with those who have it even if new maps and camo's are not being used.

Having chosen to pay for the DLC and gotten my tim in on it I have no problem with RSE/UBI dropping the price to get some more sales or even offering it for free in the event that a Chapter 3 or other content is released.

Recently I purchased RB63:BA and 2 of the downloads for that game are not free.

Now, I dont Know if they have went down in price since they were released.

But, I think that should give us some indication that the downloads will probably

never be free.

hopefully it will never be free.

Took the words right outta my brain. Pay for it or ######

(my appologies to anyone offended by what I have just said but I'm getting tired of people complaining about having to pay for extra content because they think the game wasn't made the way it should have been in the first place. I'll tell you what I've not played graw in quite some time and honestly only played it for about a month after I got the DLC and I still am very happy that I paid for the DLC because I wanted it and I enjoyed it. It's going to be a new way of life to have to pay for certain things and I don't see some of you complaining when you buy arcade games on the marketplace. And I must say that outpost Kaloki X must be a very popular game for it to have stayed on the marketplace so long, 400 points for the game and another 1200 or so for all of the addition and yet noone has complained about it. if you want it you'll buy it if not you'll need to stop complaining about having to buy it if you don't plan on doing it. I get so angry I want to kick people in the taint when they complain about these things.)

Just to get this straight...

If you re-read my post carefully, you won't notice a single complaint. When I said that the price tag was just a little too high, I was merely making a statement, not whining about how it should be changed. Some people are fine with it, some people don't have the means to pay 15$ for a couple of maps.

Although, I must admit, the fact that all the DLC is made available directly through XBL, and not in-game, makes me doubt if the content will ever be free. A lot of stuff that was released way back in December still needs to be payed for. Maybe Microsoft is just content with keeping the prices as they are.

Time will tell if Ubi decides to, say, at least drop the price when Chapter 3 hits.

Even better... Have Chapter 3 for free, but you can only get it if you downloaded chapter 2...THEN raise the price of Chapter 2 to $25. LOL

Agreed - that should be the model adopted by all developers - that way they can all lose money on DLC ;)

If the "Title Update" is more of a Summit Strike offering then I would expect to see Chapter 2 at a reduced price at some point but not free. If in fact we do get a Chapter 3 and it has the same restrictions on hosting as Chapter 2 it would make sense for Ubi to offer Chapter 2 for free or at least reduce its price in order to maximize the potential customer base for Chapter 3.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...