So how's the TDM experience after the patch?

If i'm not mistaken the 1.21 patch added a Team death match game mode to GRAW didn't it?

I'd like to hear some feedback specifically about that.

How do the TDM games play? Do you play them GR1 style with limited spwans. How do you compare the GRAW TDM experience with the GR1 TDM and other games?

Its an OK mode, but initially going in I felt lost. You couldn't tell where the enemy was just by looking at what zones were flashing red.

Also there is no sense of an objective. The only thing to do is kill the other team, and once you do that, then what? Spawn rape until they run out of spawns?

Then if you put spawn limits on, people get too cautious and camp. No one wants to move because the first person to move dies.

Its a different world.

I only started playing online 2 days ago (had to change my router..damn gamespy :wall: ) and it's a lot of fun but there are a few things to be addressed:

1- a TK could ruin the entire gaming experience or you could have a few high ping guys who spend hours running into a wall (no way to boot 'em)

2- with respawns there are always spawn campers (but it also cool to play the spawn defender role :shifty: ) anyway this is not a graw problem :)

3- each turn you need to reselect your weapons (lazy player here)

4- you see deads chatting while playing (please confirm this)

5- you don'see the chat box while in deathcam mode (I can't say hi to people joining and you can't scroll the chat to see previous msgs)

6- no kit restriction-->you could be killed at spawn by random GL in small maps

in the end only point 1 (and maybe 6) are real issues but even with them I had great fun :)

In a few hours of playing I experienced no crashes at all, everything was very smooth.

Now if you consider that all issues are going to be corrected in the next patch, this game will be almost perfect :thumbsup:

Edited by DiGiTALY -TC-

3- each turn you need to reselect your weapons (lazy player here)

Thats only true in server that require you use points to buy weps. Otherwise you spawn with whatever loadout you pick.

Not on a no respawn server. Wep kits should stay no mather what.

If you've changed a pre-defined kit you can press the Save button to keep it. If you don't like the kit name just change it in the mp_weapons_kit xml in your profile.

thx for the info, as I said I'm new to the online part of graw :grin1:

EDIT: done and it works great, thx again doctor!

Edited by DiGiTALY -TC-

the solution could be a few more customized slots or the ability to customize the existing ones (you can't do it now right? :huh: )

If you've changed a pre-defined kit you can press the Save button to keep it. If you don't like the kit name just change it in the mp_weapons_kit xml in your profile.

Shhh DrHanke, ROCOAFZ say it's bad and that it should be forbidden to change anything in the xml files,

"It gives one an advantage over those that don't read these posts and know about it, so... it's up to Grin to make it legal (in game option) or not... killed by the file checker."
So bevare one does not want to be a cheater in the eyes of ROCOAFZ :blink:

And no irony don't iron your shirts ^^

the solution could be a few more customized slots or the ability to customize the existing ones (you can't do it now right? :huh: )

Shhh DrHanke, ROCOAFZ say it's bad and that it should be forbidden to change anything in the xml files,

"It gives one an advantage over those that don't read these posts and know about it, so... it's up to Grin to make it legal (in game option) or not... killed by the file checker."
So bevare one does not want to be a cheater in the eyes of ROCOAFZ :blink:

And no irony don't iron your shirts ^^

Notice he said the name and not the kit itself ;)

Its an OK mode, but initially going in I felt lost. You couldn't tell where the enemy was just by looking at what zones were flashing red.

Also there is no sense of an objective. The only thing to do is kill the other team, and once you do that, then what? Spawn rape until they run out of spawns?

Then if you put spawn limits on, people get too cautious and camp. No one wants to move because the first person to move dies.

Its a different world.

This is what I feel, almost to a T.

I hate TDM, because there is no sense of acomplishment throughout the entire game - specially if max deaths are on. And I wouldn't say "Too cautious and camp", I would say "They get scared to play a game". The worst feeling in the world, is moving all the way across a map (ie: avenues) only to be shot in the back by someone hiding in a hole in alpha because they're scared of moving anywhere but 100 yards off their spawn.

Then again, this goes back to my distaste of max deaths (lo and behold the "learn to play the game" preachers). I dislike max deaths because I feel that, for a pub, you shouldn't be stuck sitting and watching a death cam (oh boy :rolleyes: ) and instead should be playing the game. *gasp* But maybe I should learn to play the game.... Like how, sit and camp on my ass 220 yards off of spawn? Nothanks.

Honestly am missing DOM. More people moved around in that mode - and you would get into more firefights. Sure, once in awhile you would get held into your spawn, but only if your team was too stupid to move smartly in the first place. I'm also digging HH, even with Max Deaths, because the maps are alittle tighter and you don't get so many people camping while they piddle their ###### waiting for you to wander by.

Otherwise, for anything other than pub play (scrims, matches, groupoffriends), any of the modes would be OK. (Provided your friends arn't ######)

Edit:

As for the kits... I want more kits that I can make/save. I don't care much for the names - I just want more. There's still more configurations I could make use of that I don't have saved that I would like to have saved. So I can save the saved configs in a area that is where they are supposed to be saved so I don't have to do anything but load the saved configs...

(k, I'm done trying to say saved many times in one sentance)

Edited by ZJJ

tfm is great :)

remind me alot of the org. only more close up runins cause of them being in the city and not out in the open. cant wait for matching tostart with tdm :)

@MikSnoopy most of the clans run fun games to be able to warm up / practivce agains other people (instead of each other) and that si why there is max deaths on. i dlove 5 but am good with 2-3 :)

@mik- I never thought of it that way. Unlimited respawns in the pubs? Good point. Especially since I hate joining a server 3:01 into a 10:00 round and already being at max deaths. 7 minutes (almost) of DeathCam is almost as bad as the pre-1.21 wait. Either way, I'm not playing so I'm bored. GOOD CALL!

TDM is great if you are on comms. For those in public that aren't though it becomes more frustrating. It however Helps you get in with a clan. There is nothing like going on a server raid with 5 of your buddies and owning the Server's team who stack the other side.

When working as a team you can over the whole map as a group to figure out where the last guy is. That is why we set it to 10 min rounds and for public 2 spawns (used to be 3)

Also in GR1 if someone wanted to end the round and they were the last one a lot of times they would just kill themselves so the next round can start.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

Its a different world.

This is pretty much my experience too.

I hardly play TDM at all much these days. If I'm bored, I'll join a game, kit myself up, spawn, wonder where I am, move towards where I think there might be some action and then get shot from out of nowhere.

Still, I do die a beautifully rendered death :D

I'm not sure what AW is trying to be here - a game? or a soldier-sim? As a game, its not much fun at all. As a sim - I have no idea; I'm just a game-player.

Its a different world.

This is pretty much my experience too.

I hardly play TDM at all much these days. If I'm bored, I'll join a game, kit myself up, spawn, wonder where I am, move towards where I think there might be some action and then get shot from out of nowhere.

Still, I do die a beautifully rendered death :D

I'm not sure what AW is trying to be here - a game? or a soldier-sim? As a game, its not much fun at all. As a sim - I have no idea; I'm just a game-player.

You have to get to know the maps, and take it slow, or you will be a snack for a waiting sniper. It also helps if you get on the servers ts or go in with a few buddies on your team.

Remember this isn't deathmatch, so work with the rest of the guys or die alone.

You have to get to know the maps, and take it slow, or you will be a snack for a waiting sniper. It also helps if you get on the servers ts or go in with a few buddies on your team.

Remember this isn't deathmatch, so work with the rest of the guys or die alone.

Of course, you're right.

But I would favour the menu-driven voice commands over TeamSpeak (or others) simply because:

#1 Its there in the game, so the sound will be crystal clear

#2 Not everyone speaks your langauge, so they will hear the chatter in their own language.

I think #2 is probably more important for those of us (like me) who don't play in a clan/with mates. SWAT4 was great for this; you could get a good game on a public server with anyone who knew the ropes and the menu commands.

I personally like TDM alot. Add some grid maps and I would like it that much more. Not knowing if an enemy is in my "zone" makes it that much more fun. For those that do not understand the objective, it is to eliminate the other team entirely.

I know that some spawn camp when there is more than 2 spawns, and players find this annoying, but there is a fix for this. Random spawns. Having 4 possible spawn points in which a team could spawn would atleast postpone the process of the enemy finding the spawn.

TDM is a wonderful addition to GRAW with a few minor exceptions.

Exception #!

Maps from domination are not suited for TDM, TDM maps should not be so big that you have to take 10 mins to search it for that last guy alive.

Exception #2

Time limits for rounds should be no more than 5mins. Almost anyone can wait five minutes for a round to end, but 10 mins or higher is rediculous.

Exception #3

No admin tools to control the game for a true Team vs Team match. We need to be able to pause,restart a round. We need to be able to switch maps in game. We need the ability to restrict kits for whatever reason the two opponents have. Ability to kick a player is also important. And last but not least the ability to restart the map with the server locked for a match.

We really need an objective type be it diffuse a bomb, blow up and airplane, whatever. We just need it so a point is scored every round and also something to force the attacking team to move to or else lose. Its the best way to ladder IMO. I love TDM but matches can go on forever in it. Objective based game for no respawns would rock.

We really need an objective type be it diffuse a bomb, blow up and airplane, whatever. We just need it so a point is scored every round and also something to force the attacking team to move to or else lose. Its the best way to ladder IMO. I love TDM but matches can go on forever in it. Objective based game for no respawns would rock.

well, we got HH. i don't see a reason why they wouldn't include the Siege type, but i don't care for it anyway.