What's the point of continuing to complain?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt that. the reason why some many have left GRAW is because it had no similarity to [GR].

don't fix a car if it isn't broken. don't improve something unless it is flawed.

You dont think [GR] could use improvements? If not, then you should be playing it. Everything always needs improvements. There is a difference between your 2 sayings. The first I agree with, the second I do not.

GRAW is supposed to be a tactical shooter, not a run n'gun, bunny hop, nade spam fest game like tribes.

I think you mean jetting instead of bunny hopping - but don't dis Tribes, Papa6 :nono: - currently my favourite online experience :wub:

Maybe that's why I'm so bad at AW - I'm always trying to jump to safety when I get blown away. :bounce:

Well based upon what I don't see, I don't see much if any new maps being made by modders and NOT even close to the wildfire modding of GR1.This lends me to believe that GRAW isn't such a hit that some make it out to be. yeah sure, some are happy with it and that's fine, not everyone can dislike GRAW.

I just don't see the massive excitement that I saw when GR was growing. I've been with GR.net a long time, but perhaps something will come along in time that brings back the masses.

Those of you who are pro GRAW, go ahead and hold that viewpoint and I'll hold my viewpoint and new people will then be able to see BOTH sides of the coin and decide if GRAW is a worthy investment. :thumbsup:

Even though I would have been satisfied with a game with almost zero gadgetry and having simply the most brilliant AI ever seen in enemy AI, that's not flashy enough to appeal to the masses. GRAW had to bring "larger than life" elements with it to appear to ALL of the gaming market, not just people like you and I who'd say keep the flash and glitz and just give me a great tactical shooter. Sadly, a game can't really sell based on the fact that it may have the best computer AI in the industry. If it doesn't have at least something like a "plasma gun" and holographic comm systems, it can't get mass appeal - unfortunately. Call it the "Halo" effect.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that there simply aren't that many games that have an impact as large as [GR] and OFP when they came out? When I first played the [GR] demo, I was blown away. I had never played anything remotely like it. But now, I can't even say what a game would need to blow my socks off. I don't even know if that's possible anymore. Are we really seeing things in new games that we've never seen before? I know that Halo and BF2 have huge followings but I don't think [GR]/GRAW players even have that much in common with BF2 players - I think they're a different breed.

And regarding how "tactical" a game is, I think in most instances, it's more how tactical do you play and does the game assist you doing that. I think most any combat game can be played tactically or run-n-gun. Things like weapon "realism" and one-or-two-shot-kills help but a game's experience, IMHO, is more determined by how you and your buddies play the game.

I'm still waiting on the sidelines for more progress to be made - I guess. Some of the yet-unsolved MP connectivity issues of GRAW seem troubling. Been playing alot of [GR] and VietCong (a game that can played very tactically). Heck, I just got a video card that can handle GRAW. At the moment, my gaming buddies' rigs can't even handle GRAW. So our entry into GRAW as a group will be delayed.

What's my feeling on the future of the game? I have alot of faith/confidence in it. To me there's too much energy behind this for it to fail. If there were some awesome tactical shooters out now I might be more concerned but I can't seem to find any. It always amuses me to hear people's reactions when you say you're playing such and such a game. They mock you and then you ask them what awesome tactical shooter are they playing. Please tell me and I'll buy it immediately but you never get a good answer.

Well based upon what I don't see, I don't see much if any new maps being made by modders and NOT even close to the wildfire modding of GR1.This lends me to believe that GRAW isn't such a hit that some make it out to be. yeah sure, some are happy with it and that's fine, not everyone can dislike GRAW.

I just don't see the massive excitement that I saw when GR was growing. I've been with GR.net a long time, but perhaps something will come along in time that brings back the masses.

Those of you who are pro GRAW, go ahead and hold that viewpoint and I'll hold my viewpoint and new people will then be able to see BOTH sides of the coin and decide if GRAW is a worthy investment. :thumbsup:

--------------- BIG POOH ---------------

Are you not the Guy who Nuked his GRAW CD-ROM in the microwave ?

Are you not the guy that said bye bye ?Are you not the guy that is still here ? O Yes

You can not let go you love the whole concept of the GRAW argument.

The Editor was released some 7 weeks ago, 19 June 2006 to be exact, and since then

not only have people learnt how to use the editor but are making maps [over 40+ in seven weeks] and custom map tiles etc, [if you don't believe it check out the mappers & modders on GRnet]. In that little time with so little support from people like yourself I think the community has done some very beneficial things. Grin itself has released Hamburger hill, Team Deathmatch, kill cam and a collection of other features, and don't say they should of been there from the start...... we are actually benefiting more because our input is being heard while these things are being developed.

Yes there may be another game on the horizon, I hope all the moaning mini's move to it, cos I for one have had enough of the none constructive criticism of this game. Every thread posted that basically condemns GRAW has all the same posters [negative ones] time and time again, it's a joke...you need to go to Wonderland and find your zanadu cos reading those posts is like reading the daily Sport, same S**t different Day !!! SSDD.

viii

:wall:

So does that mean thoes comments directed towards pap6 are at me now?

Still lots of people on here im going to be gaming with. BF2, GTR2, AA... etc....

No ,the Papa6 comments are to his posts, I thought I'd read he had nuked his CD as the ultimate disapproval. He still falls into the negative posts.. ;)

The rest is at all the Negative posting in this forum, day after day , month after month...

The relentless barrage of " I hate GRAW" "I think this is the worst" "This is not GR" posts.....

So it's a Generalization only.

viii

p.s. I don't think theres been a day that passes, that there has not been a negative thread started.

What's my feeling on the future of the game? I have alot of faith/confidence in it. To me there's too much energy behind this for it to fail. If there were some awesome tactical shooters out now I might be more concerned but I can't seem to find any. It always amuses me to hear people's reactions when you say you're playing such and such a game. They mock you and then you ask them what awesome tactical shooter are they playing. Please tell me and I'll buy it immediately but you never get a good answer.

Agreed. Also, there's so much modding potential with the engine. There's only a few more things that need to be corrected before things really start taking off. We're on the precipice of FPS greatness.

Additionally, knowing that GRAW was released a bit too early, UBI can't be hoping for GOTY awards. UBI will be looking for a slow-to-moderate burner of game sales. What's better? Having a game that goes #1 in sales for 4 months only to be replaced by the next run-n-gun shooter? Or having a game be #7 in sales for 3 years?

p.s. I don't think theres been a day that passes, that there has not been a negative thread started.

cant argue with that.

Finally! Something we can all agree on. :thumbsup:

Still lots of people on here im going to be gaming with. BF2, GTR2, AA... etc....

BF2 ... LMAO!!! now there is a true title after there last patch to put in the microwave. When commanders are dropping tanks on people i think tactical goes out the window. At least Graw is getting better, not worst.

The Editor was released some 7 weeks ago, 19 June 2006 to be exact, and since then

not only have people learnt how to use the editor but are making maps [over 40+ in seven weeks] and custom map tiles etc, [if you don't believe it check out the mappers & modders on GRnet]. In that little time with so little support from people like yourself I think the community has done some very beneficial things. Grin itself has released Hamburger hill, Team Deathmatch, kill cam and a collection of other features, and don't say they should of been there from the start...... we are actually benefiting more because our input is being heard while these things are being developed.

I agree completely... maybe it's time for a 10 things you like about graw post...

in fact see the new thread i am going to post.

No ,the Papa6 comments are to his posts, I thought I'd read he had nuked his CD as the ultimate disapproval. He still falls into the negative posts.. ;)

The rest is at all the Negative posting in this forum, day after day , month after month...

The relentless barrage of " I hate GRAW" "I think this is the worst" "This is not GR" posts.....

So it's a Generalization only.

viii

Naw mine are dandy drink coasters. Prozac tried to reenact his school experiment from back in the day with a plasma fire.. :rofl:

Added:@ viii- no problem, just a identity confusion. but I remain here because I've been here for several years now and know some of the old timers (bumps Rocky) :thumbsup:

BF2 ... LMAO!!! now there is a true title after there last patch to put in the microwave. When commanders are dropping tanks on people i think tactical goes out the window. At least Graw is getting better, not worst.

I agree completely... maybe it's time for a 10 things you like about graw post...

in fact see the new thread i am going to post.

ROCO, Didn't BF2 have dedicated server features upon release? sure it's got alot of problems, but it had everything upon release. I just got my call of duty 2 special edition and yes i saw 3 people bunny hopping but I'm kinda migrating to the WWII stuff. But time will tell. :shifty:

Edited by Papa6

Im sorry to hear you switched back to the darkside Papa...I was really impressed when you were raving about the last patch and how impressed you were with it..atleast while it was in Beta...lol Hopefully Grin can pull ya back over with the next patch...lol My biggest hope is that when the Dedi files are released it opens up a whole new world for us.

Its always good to have different perspectives even if you dont have the game installed any more.

I am a forum trole. How do you spell troll? A big blue troll seeking questions to answers. I am on the verge of bringing a dead clan back to life-resurrection. I guess I am not a troll, but a healer. On the quest to bring back a [GR] Clan I have found that casting spells upon GRIN and fan BOIS, or is that BIOS? has helped me realize that I am indeed a demi-god, these sermons (or posts that I give you) are enlightenment as to how the old world was and could be again! My self-enlightenment is magniloquest but yet supplicatory, my spells on GRIN magnificent.

HELP I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY WOW

NOX

ROCO?

What do you have against heavy lift-they got a job to do?

On the side watched a UFO program the other night, I do not believe in little green men, and account all UFO's to natural or man made phenomenon (military).

Heavy lift hydrogen in a craft whose skin has zero, or near zero, static resistance or flow can attain near perfect attitude and lift due to lack atmospheric friction. A craft that is the size of a building, floated at near buoyancy via hydrogen cells, and with a russian style metal cooled nuclear reactor-that shoots plasma through a magnetic gun. and viola you have the ability to bend gravity waves and your transport is akin to a lemon seed that you squeeze between your fingers.

I am totally serious on this post. It was not a UFO (alien craft the aliens would have called a long time ago using Radio or magnetic pulses along time ago) and was observed by four seperate police forces that cojoined the very sensitive Whiteman AFB Mo. (top secret and of home of the B2 Spirits and other things). The same triangular craft made famous in x-files but much larger was observed over pheonix AZ south of another base "" I am not a liberty.

MY DSS is still good ...right?....ok guys this is just hypothesis in a games forum, call before you knock I want to put my pants on-ok?

Just trying to hijack the thread, but serious about the tech.

NOX

Edited by NOX