What's the point of continuing to complain?

I'm not a fanboi and I'm not a hater.

I see most that is wrong with this game in its current state. What I don't see, others have been kind enough to tell me in the forums for the last many months.

At what point do we all say that we have identified all that we wish for?

At what point do we realize that GRiN has read all the constructive posts and absorbed all the anger posts (and appreciation ones) ?

At what point do we as a comminuty come to collectively understand and accept that this game is going to get as far as is it is going to get, and additional angry posts or dissappointement posts or even appreciation posts probably won't change their feature and bug prioritization list? It won't add resoruces, dollars or energy to tehir ongoing effort.

It seems to me that all the things we want and how we will feel if we don't get them is all out there.

It seems to me the time has long since passed to stopped "harrassin and badgering" GRiN with more posts about analogys to house building and other forms of massively repeated statements of dissappointment.

It seems to me that any post which does not address a bug in a way that can help the developers fix it, or address a feature that describes what we would hope for is a wasted set of electrons.

Or maybe its just about the need to vent. I guess I can understand peoples psychological need to vent. And I can understand a new player coming on board and posting what he thinks no one has ever said before.

But lets be honest Folks. Its pretty much all been said.

OK. At ease. Smoke em if you got em.

Sleepdoc

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to continue, but I also feel that some of the frustration is due to the fact that there just isn't much out there in terms of quality FPS games. I played Doom 3, finished the game, and decided it was a lousy experience. Haven't picked it up since. There have been other letdowns, as well.

People are starting to reinstall GR1 and OFP because they miss the quality and style.

STEADY! I loved D3 the first time around in SP. Didn't take long to finish it. The Resurrection of Evil expansion, well I still haven't figured out the badguy at the very end, but otherwise it was too easy. DooM is predictable. GRAW? Not always.

On-Topic- I agree that the FPS has fallen by the wayside lately. I DO love GRAW, and am looking forward to SC:DA soon as well. The Tom Clancy games are USUALLY awesome...

Quote from the UBI forums:

You still have 3 groups involved; Those pitted against the game, those who are neutral and lastly those who praise it.

You get 2 of the 3 groups of people together, those pitted against and those who praise it, working together for the betterment of the community.

3.5 months of moaning, complaining and griping about isn't working... IS IT? NO! And that's just not my opinion either, it's a fact. Just look at the number of threads people are posting.

If these two groups could come together, workout a solution that benefits the whole community, then you are doing the right thing.

Moaning, griping and complaining from one group while the other group is the fanbois(gurlz) is doing just the opposite.

It is a fruitless battle that no one wins. What needs to happen is a win-win situation where both groups work together and affect change in the game. Enough people come together, I can guarantee you that people will change their attitudes once the publisher (UBI), the developer (GRiN), and the community (US)all see the light of what the community is wanting and needing in the games that they purchase to play.

You can say that I'm wrong about that, or you can say that I'm right about that much...

That pretty much explains it all.

Quote from the UBI forums:

You still have 3 groups involved; Those pitted against the game, those who are neutral and lastly those who praise it.

You get 2 of the 3 groups of people together, those pitted against and those who praise it, working together for the betterment of the community.

3.5 months of moaning, complaining and griping about isn't working... IS IT? NO! And that's just not my opinion either, it's a fact. Just look at the number of threads people are posting.

If these two groups could come together, workout a solution that benefits the whole community, then you are doing the right thing.

Moaning, griping and complaining from one group while the other group is the fanbois(gurlz) is doing just the opposite.

It is a fruitless battle that no one wins. What needs to happen is a win-win situation where both groups work together and affect change in the game. Enough people come together, I can guarantee you that people will change their attitudes once the publisher (UBI), the developer (GRiN), and the community (US)all see the light of what the community is wanting and needing in the games that they purchase to play.

You can say that I'm wrong about that, or you can say that I'm right about that much...

That pretty much explains it all.

That quoted text is YOURS, isn't it?

Sorry to continue, but I also feel that some of the frustration is due to the fact that there just isn't much out there in terms of quality FPS games. I played Doom 3, finished the game, and decided it was a lousy experience. Haven't picked it up since. There have been other letdowns, as well.

I think Rossiski has hit the nail squarely on the head.

If anything better had actually been released since GR:AW arrived you would find a lot of the people who hang around and gripe would have actually moved on. But GR:AW has actually benefitted from the lack of decent FPS's at the moment by hanging on to a lot of people that just haven't got anything else to play.

I find myself in this group. I still play [GR] but don't play GR:AW anymore. Now I don't tend to moan much on here but I still hang around because basically I'm bored at work and to be frank GRNET has been home for long enough that I still visit to see whats going on, and if something catches my eye I may post.

Just my take on the situation ;)

As I said in another thread, GR:AW is not [GR]. It is similar to BIA and games like that. People need to move on. Concentrate on what THIS game could use, not about what a game was like in the past. And, Yes, I have played [GR] and find it very good. I still play it. But that doesn't mean that GR:AW is not a good/excellent game. Don't try to keep the past alive, remember it and learn, just don't repeat it. :yes:

People are starting to reinstall GR1 and OFP because they miss the quality and style.

That is an excellent point Ski, and seeing as how much you play on the AlphaSquad servers, I think we are in the same category. Realism counts more than Run-N-Gun.

I never tried Doom 3 because I knew what type of game it was. But I did buy BF2 & COD2 and went straight back to [GR] after playing. Too much Run-N-Gun. When GRAW came out, I pre-ordered, but have since gone back to [GR], the game was released incomplete.

The majority of AlphaSquad who have GRAW, are still playing [GR] 99.9% of the time because the game we want just isn't there in GRAW, YET.

I know that all of the 24 clans who participated in the SR2005 tournamant all feel the same way. We are still waiting with baited breath like the majority of everyone here for the August patch that we will likely see in September some time for the [GR] COOP game type and dedicated server tools.

Come on in to the AlphaSquad Servers for some [GR] Coop, The way its meant to be played.

Regards,

Sheldon / AlphaSquad

I think Rossiski has hit the nail squarely on the head.

If anything better had actually been released since GR:AW arrived you would find a lot of the people who hang around and gripe would have actually moved on. But GR:AW has actually benefitted from the lack of decent FPS's at the moment by hanging on to a lot of people that just haven't got anything else to play.

I find myself in this group. I still play [GR] but don't play GR:AW anymore. Now I don't tend to moan much on here but I still hang around because basically I'm bored at work and to be frank GRNET has been home for long enough that I still visit to see whats going on, and if something catches my eye I may post.

Just my take on the situation ;)

So true. There isn't a single other FPS game out there that is half as entertaining as GRAW.

The last game I had any REAL fun in, was Tribes Vengeance (and before that, all I had played constantly was T1, and later T2...).

Of all the games I own, there are all of 4 that I would say are "Top games", and 3 of them are a "Series".

Edited by MikSnoopy

GRAW is supposed to be a tactical shooter, not a run n'gun, bunny hop, nade spam fest game like tribes.

But GRAW isn't tactical therefore it fits your genre of gaming perfectly.

And the complaining about GRAW helps to show others thinking about buying GRAW to save thier hard earned money and go elsewhere

Edited by Papa6

Indeed, BOTA:X. To each his own. I personally dig the game, as I think I've made nauseatingly clear elsewhere in this forum. It's NOT [GR], and it's NOT gonna be. But as its own game, it's really good and will get better.

If others think otherwise, then so be it. The point of the complaining is to give balance to this forum. It shows the pros and cons of the game, and provides the discerning buyer as much of the game's ups and downs as possible without playing at least the demo. I'd be concerned if there were no complaining on the forum. After all, that's what lets the dev's know what we the players want in the game. It puts the proverbial ball back in their court, and in my business I really love the opportunity to do just that...

Let the other guy squirm and try to answer to ME for a change...

Still,

:g_withgrin:

GRAW is supposed to be a tactical shooter, not a run n'gun, bunny hop, nade spam fest game like tribes.

And the complaining about GRAW helps to show others thinking about buying GRAW to save thier hard earned money and go elsewhere

Since when can you bunny hop in GRAW?

Also note at 2 max deaths, not much nade spamming on our server.

read the bold section again please... :whistle:

Edited by Papa6

read the bold section again please... :whistle:

In other words it's not then... it's a tactical shooter? Still not understanding your point...or is the point that most complaint's don't make sense?¿

ummm......... what multi/fps isn't? The only thing [GR] and Graw don't have, bunny hopping.

Matching is some wnat tactical, however, when you get down to it, the "twichy" player has a better chance.

If graw ever has a working coop, that should be tactical, by nessesity.

Slow