How much longer for AW?

Have you any idea how many copies have been sold.

I think you need to check , its paid for itself and then some.

Nope - no idea. How many for the PC format?

Patches and add ons normally relate to how well a game has sold.

Do the maths, 1.10 .1.16. 1.20 .121 and more to come.

Normally I'd agree - but these patches were more for missing content rather than bug fixes. A feeble argument.

This game has sold over and above 570.000 copies on both formats.

Again - how many for the PC format alone? Don't quote figures for both formats at me (as they seem to be two completely different gaming experiences) - how many for the PC? Enlighten us if you can :D

Edited by OliverReed

LOL- the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, I'm sure.

Honestly, they look like nothing 21st-century to me, and are more likely a Korean domestic market car. But I'm a Ford fan and had to get a plug in there somewhere.

I paint at a Ford bodyshop..

The closest those things look relating to Ford, are the Taruses. They're too rounded to be a Fusion - even if you try to round the Fusions current corners.

Korean could be too... What are they, KIA? I cannot remember.

Last I heard, about GRAW sales... The number was about 2/3rd X360 and 1/3rd PC.

Some people will never be satisfied or aleast asauged. I guess since GR:AW doesn't resemble [GR] it isn't any good. If people would look at the Brothers in Arms series, they would notice that that is what UBI is aiming at. Hence, GR2 (for Xbox) and GR3 (GR:AW) are more for that type of gameplay. Get over it, [GR] is history, GR:AW is the way a lot of FPS are going. The main character dies and that's it. I know that this a supposed to be a "Tactical" shooter, but it isn't. It is a FPS where you "command" the rest to do their thing.

Unfortunately, money is more than content. ( I am not dissing GRIN, I believe that they have done a great job with what they were given.).

I think it is time for people to concentrate on the gameplay, be it SP or MP and look for what could be better...in the parameters that this will never be [GR]. :g_guns::g_withgrin:

Ubisoft attributed the gains in market share to the performance of its first three Xbox 360 games: Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, and Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII. Ghost Recon in particular sold more than 1.6 million copies for the publisher, with roughly half of them being the Xbox 360 version of the game.

In a statement accompanying the results, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot stressed the importance of the publisher's establishing a foothold on the Xbox 360. "The tremendous success of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter confirms our ability to be at the forefront on new consoles," Guillemot said. "It should support Ubisoft's financial performance during the coming fiscal year, as we expect the Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PS3, and Nintendo Revolution installed base to ramp up rapidly."

For the full year, Ubisoft posted a 3 percent increase in revenues, from 532 million euros ($672 million) to 547 million euros ($691 million).

This figure since this was printed has gone way up.

You are probably looking at nearer 2 million copies total for all platforms by now.

The fact that Grin and Ubisoft have said they will support this game long after release is in itself proof enough how well the game is doing.

In your eyes the game is not a success, well that is your problem, the single player element alone is one of the best single player games ever made, and this is plastered all over the net.

You have to realise that not all players have good internet connections and dont even play online, these people play single player thats it.

So in closing I would say that we will have support for a good few months to come and also we have Team members here that help out with the modders, thats pricless in my book, and a lot of this is done on the Dev Teams own time no pay, just love of the game.

Ubisoft attributed the gains in market share to the performance of its first three Xbox 360 games: Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, and Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII. Ghost Recon in particular sold more than 1.6 million copies for the publisher, with roughly half of them being the Xbox 360 version of the game.

In a statement accompanying the results, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot stressed the importance of the publisher's establishing a foothold on the Xbox 360. "The tremendous success of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter confirms our ability to be at the forefront on new consoles," Guillemot said. "It should support Ubisoft's financial performance during the coming fiscal year, as we expect the Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PS3, and Nintendo Revolution installed base to ramp up rapidly."

For the full year, Ubisoft posted a 3 percent increase in revenues, from 532 million euros ($672 million) to 547 million euros ($691 million).

This figure since this was printed has gone way up.

You are probably looking at nearer 2 million copies total for all platforms by now.

The fact that Grin and Ubisoft have said they will support this game long after release is in itself proof enough how well the game is doing.

In your eyes the game is not a success, well that is your problem, the single player element alone is one of the best single player games ever made, and this is plastered all over the net.

You have to realise that not all players have good internet connections and dont even play online, these people play single player thats it.

So in closing I would say that we will have support for a good few months to come and also we have Team members here that help out with the modders, thats pricless in my book, and a lot of this is done on the Dev Teams own time no pay, just love of the game.

I have still yet to see any facts on how well the PC version sold. If the PC version is not paying for itself it will get dropped. There are maybe 150 players online each night. is it really worth the time/money on patches for MP for 150 people? In the long run something is going to give and if more people aren't buying the game and coming online to play the PC will be dropped.

I have still yet to see any facts on how well the PC version sold. If the PC version is not paying for itself it will get dropped. There are maybe 150 players online each night. is it really worth the time/money on patches for MP for 150 people?

Actually, those 150 people (which is, of course, far lower than reality) have already paid their money. So, no, it's not worth it for those people. However, it is worth it for all of the people who will buy the game, and I'm here to tell you that I'm seeing new people (though old faces from GR1) in the game every day. It's picking up. People are buying this game.

I was going by the stats on this website

http://cert-clan.com/graw.php

currently shows 200 players at peak time for europlayers.

last night it showed 150 at peak time for us players.

so there are 1000 different people that have stopped by the AFZ server. 1000 out of how many that originally bought the game? This all hinges on how many copies the PC version sold. if we assume for every 20 players that buy the game for SP only there are 1 that play MP. so there are 20,000 players that bought the game for SP and 21,000 total copies. let's bump it up to 50 to 1 so there are 51,000 players say they make 25 bucks (gross less printing/distribution/marketing) on the game that's only 1.275 million dollars. GRIN was a pretty big company. assuming an average salary of 40K USD and 30 employes that's 1.2 million in salary for a year. so they are almost over budget already on the game. They are continuing to put our patches and I would assume they are still getting paid but we don't have to pay for the patches. something has to give somewhere.

when everything is finished, hordes of gamers will come to GRAW for it's style, engine, and flexibility.

I lived in Mexico City for several years. It rained everyday for 8 months during the monsoon season. I'd like to see some weather also.

He said Zebra Straw!

Agreed on the rain.

Ghost Recon in particular sold more than 1.6 million copies for the publisher, with roughly half of them being the Xbox 360 version of the game.

I'd think that some simple math here (oh hell, there I go again) tells a story...

1,600,000 / 2 = 800,000 (approximate # PC format sold as of Colin's article)

800,000 * 50 (average price in USD) = 40,000,000

Now, take that $1.2million annual payroll away from GRiN's cut of the $40,000,000.00 (give or take, though I'm sure it's more than that), and I think Bo and the boys are still sitting on the financial means to take care of us for some considerable time yet. Even though I'm willing to bet GRiN saw less than 20% of the total take so far. UBISOFT must get paid phat, after all. So...

$40,000,000.00 * .20 = $8,000,000.00

$8,000,000 - $3,600,000 (salary for 3 years now, give or take) =

drumroll please......

$4,400,000.00

Enough to go on for another 3 years yet with no more development contracts, and if GRAW hasn't sold a single damned copy since Colin's article, and making the assumptions that a certain naysayer has already made. And then Bo can tuck away the extra $800k in the Cayman Islands, sell the company, and run off with his lovely Greek bride to see if Mexico City really does look like that after all...

Questions? Sorry, zulater, but math was my favorite subject in school...

I still luv ya man...

EDIT: and at that 50:1 SP to MP player ratio, that would still leave well over 15,000 players taking part in MP since the game's release. Again assuming not a single copy was sold after the article Colin quoted. I'd be willing to bet it's more like 250:1 or 300:1. But that's just me. And I could be wrong, but the calculator isn't....

rabbi,

1.6 mill for all

xbox 360 half

that means 800,000 is split between the PC, xbox, and ps2. I would like to see some numbers for those

also ubi doesn't see the 50 bucks. that's what the retailers make, ubisoft will see 35-40 bucks per copy.

and you're leaving out marketing, printing costs, shipping

also there has to be a total profit for the shareholders.

Edited by zulater

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/719/719367p1.html

I would be willing to bed that GRAW PC doesn't have much of that 800K share. It's not even listed in the top 20 for June and what is listed isn't very high on my list.

1) World Of Warcraft - Vivendi

2) Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 2K Games

3) Guild Wars Factions - NCsoft

4) The Sims 2 - Electronic Arts

5) Heroes Of Might & Magic V - Ubisoft

6) The Sims 2 Open For Business Expansion Pack - Electronic Arts

7) Age Of Empires III - Microsoft

8) Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - Electronic Arts

9) Rise Of Nations: Rise Of Legends - Microsoft

10) Star Wars: Empire At War - LucasArts

11) Civilization IV - 2K Games

12) The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff Expansion Pack - Electronic Arts