GRIN Mini Map TGA File Problem

HandyAndy

Dear Grin...

Just wanted to point out yet another bug in the editor. Your mini map TGA cuts off the bottom 1/3 of the pic. I have extracted it and even photoshopped over it and still the bottom 1/3 is cut off.

I wanted to point that out so you can add it to your bug list for the next up comming patch.

Thanks...

HandyAndy

AKA Doc*BDA*

You have to edit the zones.xml file. The zone size or it will cut it off. You are basicly telling the computer to take a picture from from one coordinate to the next. If you left it default more often than not the size will be wrong.

Now if I could figure out how to get the blue ground out of the minimap that would be great.

Ok, i fixed it . It had something to do with your editing it or something.

I opened it up with photoimpact 10 and saw it just like this...

aztekbeforerl9.th.jpg

Notice the highlighted section is what you would see in gameplay.

So i right clicked on it and hit select none then it showed up like this....

aztekafterqg8.th.jpg

I then re bundled it and played the map and you could see the whole map in the pic.

Edited by }PW{ Postal

Ok, i fixed it . It had something to do with your editing it or something.

I opened it up with photoimpact 10 and saw it just like this...

http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aztekbeforerl9.jpg

Notice the highlighted section is what you would see in gameplay.

So i right clicked on it and hit select none then it showed up like this....

http://img67.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aztekafterqg8.jpg

I then re bundled it and played the map and you could see the whole map in the pic.

Nice one "Postal"

Thanks... I watched this thread for a bit and figured i would give it a go to see if i could figure it out. Luckily i did...woulda drove me crazy...lol

It appears he hit a limitation on the mini map generator, if you notice the jagged edge along the bottom, it aligns with the static tiles he used. A version with some trees, etc removed got further along, but again ended in a jagged line where the memory limit of the tool used to generate the minimap was hit.

The reason I think it's that tool (or somewhere in that process) is that the file seems to cap at 1 Meg in size.

The weird part is that i didnt make ony modifications to the pic. All i did was right click on it and hit the select none button within photo impact and it fixed it. Also, when i saved it after i did that, it dropped the size to 700 and something kb and yes i saved it in the same format cause otherwise it wouldnt work in game.

Plus i have made a few maps and my TGA files were all bigger than 1 meg and looked fine in game.

Until he comes back on here, it is hard to say the reason why it was like this...very odd indeed.

yeah, im not 100% sure its the same problem for you Grim, but if you want i could take a look at it if you didnt get it fixed yet. I just need to know what map or where to get it.

With PhotoImpact it shows up as soon as i load up the pic so its a pretty quick and painless fix.