DOM maps -> HH maps

RAbbi --> there is one game (which I know) that is downloading necessary files from server - Half-Life & all games on this engine. Of course you can select on/off this option as an admin.

I know another game which downloads map from a server when You connect , and this game is ( you'll never guess :rofl: ) Red Orchestra. Personaly i love this feature, you dont have to exit game , launch google, serch for certain map, download it, that find out how to add this map and fianlly lauch game only to find out that this server runs another map atm :lol:

I know another game - Track Mania Sunrise. Okay so it's not a shooter, but it downloads custom tracks and custom car skins to client PC's automatically. Not only that, but the server can specify an alternative downlooad location for the files to be served from, rather than using the game servers bandwidth.

Thanks for the well-wishing, folks. Means a lot to me...

As for the auto-downloading stuff, maybe I'm just paranoid. But I like to be in as much control of my system as possible. I will tell my computer what to do, when to do it, and how well it better perform to stay OUT of the dumpster. It knows this. It fears me. And I give it back great respect for doing as it's told. ("It puts the lotion on its skin!") That being the case, I'd not dare add anything to it that might try to go about downloading files without my say-so. It's often the case with other software that you have to dig and find that one obscure option within the maze of menus to turn-off the automatic stuff. Like trying to get Yahoo IM to understand it is NOT supposed to start-up every time Windows starts-up. Not a task for the faint of heart. Hence, I am opposed to the idea despite GRiN_Willie's vote of support. I'm just not going to get very vocal about it since I'm in a better mood today.

I'm about to buy my very own Springfield XD45, so yeah I'm a bag o' cheer!

Nice pistol Rabbi... I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it... I've got a Kimber Eclipse Ultra II .45 cal (Chromed) and a Baretta 92FS...

Edited by Stormin

RVS has the autodownload feature. You can also see what is being downloaded at that time.

BDA runs alot of custom maps and they are pumping out more each week. I'm constantly updating the website so it will show what we have in rotation. Alot of the maps the guys have done are far better than the originals.

we have alot of new TDM and DOM maps out.

At the moment it is a pain in the ass to to have ot manually dl all the maps. But if you want to play them then you have to go get them.

... I've got a Kimber Eclipse Ultra II (Chromed) and a Baretta 92FS...

I see quite a few folks in this community (home of the Airborne and Special Forces, after all) buying Berettas downtown. They've gotten a bad rep lately with the criticisms from Iraq of not being able to drop a target in one round. On the other hand, those targets are often drugged-up on some homebrew Iraqi psycho speed. Kinda like dusters over here- until they come down they can withstand a face-first collision with a speeding 747. My experience with the M9/92FS? Consistent and accurate. A solid 9mm.

The Kimber? Whoa, Nellie! That's $$$ I ain't got. Those few in stores around here are fetching $900.00 and up. Reputedly AWESOME pistols, but I've never fired one...

Got a chance to shoot a few rounds through the XD and a Glock .45ACP as well before I made my mind up, and I really dig this XD. Even with some dirt-cheap ammo ($10.99 a box for 50 rds, pride of the Czech Republic) it was hitting pretty consistent at 15-20 meters, and the recoil was smoother than even the last M9 I qualified with. The handgrip safety wasn't an issue even with the first round, and the pistol just seemed to settle-in nicely with the next couple rounds. It felt right. I got hooked...

BACK ON TOPIC (sorry, moderator folks, but I had to go OT there for a minute AGAIN. You know how WE do it...) I agree wholeheartedly that there are some downright AWESOME maps coming from the modding community. I'm partial to the downtown dm map that came out early-on. It was big, it had lots of cool features, it favored no one character class in particular. The POW Camp remake was pretty cool too. There are others, but I can't remember the names off-hand.

Knowing now that simply having mod maps in the cutsom levels folder won't kick me for A/C, I'll prolly go d/l all of them again. After all, BDA's server gives me the best ping of any out there so far. I don't see it as that much trouble to go d/l the maps, especially since a lot of the good ones are readily available from GR.net anyhow (THANKS ROCKY!!!!!). Which reminds me...

Storage and bandwidth are NOT free! If you appreciate in the least bit having all the cool features of ghostrecon.net, please consider becoming a SUPPORTER! I DID, and it changed my life FOREVER! I've finally gotten a date! I found Jesus WITHOUT going to jail! My car finally runs right again, too! All because of GR.net!

LOL, ok I quit...

LOL, ok I quit...

Them's a lot o' words, Rabbi...here are the 2 jewels of my collection:

http://products.berettausa.com/frame_tabel...amp;Model=AL391 Teknys Gold Trap

http://www.berettausa.com/product/spotligh...gun_xtrema2.cfm

For some reason I can't get the top link to work properly (could be the 1/2 bottle of scotch) but it's a Berettal Teknys Gold Trap.

As for the auto-downloading stuff, maybe I'm just paranoid. But I like to be in as much control of my system as possible. I will tell my computer what to do, when to do it, and how well it better perform to stay OUT of the dumpster. It knows this. It fears me. And I give it back great respect for doing as it's told. ("It puts the lotion on its skin!") That being the case, I'd not dare add anything to it that might try to go about downloading files without my say-so. It's often the case with other software that you have to dig and find that one obscure option within the maze of menus to turn-off the automatic stuff. Like trying to get Yahoo IM to understand it is NOT supposed to start-up every time Windows starts-up. Not a task for the faint of heart. Hence, I am opposed to the idea despite GRiN_Willie's vote of support. I'm just not going to get very vocal about it since I'm in a better mood today.

Simple way of pleasing you and others who may think the same way is having this option - a toggle switch for allowing your game to autodownload content (maps/mods) or not. If there's a checkmark next to the "Autodownload Content" then it automatically downloads the stuff, and if there is no checkmark next to the "Autodownload Content" then when you try joining a server that has something you don't you'll get a message saying "HA HA! I have something you don't!" (actually probably "Files not found" or something, but I like my version better).