and you thought quad-SLI was untouchable...

th33f.

sorry for an off-topic post. read on...

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=3727

Th33f, the title of the article says it all:

ATI Vendor Supplied Radeon X1950XTX Benchmarks Leaked

So who was it, Powercolor, Sapphire, or Connect3D? I'm not saying that this won't turn out to be true, but I will say that you shouldn't trust "leaked" numbers from ATI to its vendors when both ATI and the vendors stand to profit from that leak. It's hardly an unbiased review.

Well, Nvidia just released a quad sli driver for those who are lucky enough to have a set. So maybe this will show some true colors. One of my clan mates has 2 7950's in quad sli...when he gets home from work ill point him to the new drivers to see if it helps on GRAW.

I have ONE 7950, which smacks GR:AW around like a prison girlfriend, and I can't imagine what anyone would need a second one for. :thumbsup:

Well.. they said GRAW was next gen...... :whistle:

IDK what you're talking about, my box runs GRAW just fine. (As far as stable FPS's) That being said, I am running everything on full, at 1680x1050. I do not have the "AA" on though - because I don't like the way it blurs textures.

As for the videocards... I personally am going to wait till DX10 for the next card... Till then, I'm sure we're going to see some... interesting GPU's come out.

sorry for an off-topic post. read on...

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=3727

Th33f, the title of the article says it all:

ATI Vendor Supplied Radeon X1950XTX Benchmarks Leaked

So who was it, Powercolor, Sapphire, or Connect3D? I'm not saying that this won't turn out to be true, but I will say that you shouldn't trust "leaked" numbers from ATI to its vendors when both ATI and the vendors stand to profit from that leak. It's hardly an unbiased review.

even if it's a little biased, the 2 GPU's matching the performance of 4, not to mention beating it, under any conditions is the winn0r. ATI didn't need to add 2GB of memory either. well, their Xpress3200 chipset deserves a lot of credit there, but i'm sure the results would be somewhat similar on an SLI board. in any case, CF is cheaper than SLI, doesn't require a CF mobo to work, and now we know it will be faster. oh, it doesn't require a monster PSU either?

ok peeps I need a bit of technical info here I thought quad was 4 but from what I'm reading quad refer's to having 2 cards ???

I have 2 nvidia 7900's in SLI mode ...where can I go for the best drivers for my setup ????

4 GPU's = 2 cards, but really it's 4 cards. you only need to look at a picture of a 7950gx2 and all will become clear.

Well, Nvidia just released a quad sli driver for those who are lucky enough to have a set. So maybe this will show some true colors. One of my clan mates has 2 7950's in quad sli...when he gets home from work ill point him to the new drivers to see if it helps on GRAW.

I have ONE 7950, which smacks GR:AW around like a prison girlfriend, and I can't imagine what anyone would need a second one for. :thumbsup:

I'm running TWO 6800GT's on SLI without a single hiccup and one some relatively aggressive settings. When it was single-card time with the 6800GT, it was all LOW or OFF, 800X640/60, and still sluggish at times. And since I got a STEAL on the second card on Ebay, I tend to think SLI was worth the while. Amazing stuff, this 'technology'...

@}PW{ Postal- I've been runnning the 91.33 for some time, no problemo. It may be a BETA, but it works great and lasts long time...

:o G-force Quadro Plex 1000 for $18,000 are they facking kidding?

Do you realize for that kind of money you can build a Pro-street drag car/truck. 10,000 will take your engine to 900+hp with 834 ft lbs of torque or more and thats w/ a 6-71 BLOWER. (thats W/O NOS) Take 3 g's and sink into the body and frame (box the rails, lighten fiber glass pieces, painted ,backhalfed or tubed for 44's ) and you'll still have enough for the transmission Richmond T-10 3'g's should cover it plus modify it & still have 2g's for rims/tires, fuel and fun.

I guess they built that for gamers like bill gates. :lol:

Edited by Ikillintel

Do you realize for that kind of money you can build a Pro-street drag car/truck. 10,000 will take your engine to 900+hp with 834 ft lbs of torque or more and thats w/ a 6-71 BLOWER. (thats W/O NOS) Take 3 g's and sink into the body and frame (box the rails, lighten fiber glass pieces, painted ,backhalfed or tubed for 44's ) and you'll still have enough for the transmission Richmond T-10 3'g's should cover it plus modify it & still have 2g's for rims/tires, fuel and fun.

your games won't play very well with it... unless you got 8 CPU's that is.

There will come a day when that will be the in thing...8 cores...or 8 quad core processors on one board...omfg...lol

There will come a day when that will be the in thing...8 cores...or 8 quad core processors on one board...omfg...lol

There is... well not quite one board... look at blade servers ;)

Yeah..that dont suprise me...i dont stay up to date on server stuff but i do know that AMD is planning two quad core chips on one board for the gaming enthusiast. Yes i know that games arent multi thread yet but i beleive there will come a day. Anyways...i plan on building a new machine next year with a set of quad cores if i can muster up the courage to drop that kind of money on a computer.

Although i dont use my computer just for gaming. I do alot of 3d work and video editing too so this will be good for me all the way around...lol

even if it's a little biased, the 2 GPU's matching the performance of 4, not to mention beating it, under any conditions is the winn0r. ATI didn't need to add 2GB of memory either. well, their Xpress3200 chipset deserves a lot of credit there, but i'm sure the results would be somewhat similar on an SLI board. in any case, CF is cheaper than SLI, doesn't require a CF mobo to work, and now we know it will be faster. oh, it doesn't require a monster PSU either?

Th33f, the 1950 is a clock enhanced version of the 1900XTX, with the core increased from 650 to 700, and the memory from 1550 to 2000. They've basically speed-binned and cherry-picked 1900 chips that could go a little faster and paired them fast GDDR4. Nice work. Nice card. But it won't overclock for anything because it's already at its ceiling. This is basically an overclocked 1900XTX, not a technological marvel, even if one beats a single 7950GX2.

Also, when comparing it to the 7950GX2, keep in mind the 7950 is NOT two of NVidia's BEST cards -- it's two of NVidia's 2nd best cards. It's core clock of 500 is a lot closer to the 450 of the 7900GT than it is the 650 of the 7900GTX. And its 1200MHz memory is actually SLOWER than that 1320 MHz of the 7900GT, a far shot from the 1600MHz of the GTX. So, a 7950 GX2 is basically two 7900GT's in SLI.

Furthermore, like the 7900GT's, the 7950GX2 will overclock like crazy, going above and beyond the 7900GTX stock clocks. If you pushed the 7950 GX2 to its limit, which ATI has already done with the 1900 in order to create the 1950, it would slap around the 1950 just like it slaps around everything else now.

Finally, as far as the reference to a monster PSU goes, ATI's top dogs are power hogs, drawing FAR more power and dissipating far more heat than NVidia's.

And doesn't Crossfire require one of the two cards to be a special "Crossfire Edition" card that costs like $75 - $100 more than its regular counterpart?

I'm not dogging the 1950 -- it's going to be a phenomenal card. I just think that "blowing the 7950GX2 out of the water" is a bit of an overstatement, epecially, again, because those figures come from a biased source, and so we don't know how accurate they are. I personally don't see how a 50MHz clock increase over the 1900XTX can account for that big a jump in performance, even with the jump in memory speed.

Logos, this wasn't about a 1950XTX vs a 7950GX2, remember? we're talking about the top SLI setup, which happens to be Quad-SLI and the top CF setup, which nobody has seen actually. plus i never said that anyone should buy the x1950 series, i sure as hell wouldn't with R600 around the corner...

now, you're telling me you can overclock 2 7950GX2's on air in Quad-SLI and leave CrossFire way behind? i don't think so. one of the reason they never clocked the 7950gx2's to GTX speeds is the heat issues. can't put a water block on each GPU, can you? well, with ATI you can, plus GDDR4 is gonna make all the difference in power efficiency.

i don't know why you bring up pricing though... nVidia tied their own hands there. i wouldn't say they got the best bang for the buck at the moment. like i said, a lot of the CF performance comes from ATI's new chipset design.