1.21 crosshair color change possible!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note also why they do this change to the ret. So they can see there ret through the muzzle flash that the average joe cannot due to the brightness. How is this not giving an advantage over someone who just bought the game, patched it and is wondering how the heck everyone is so accurate from the hip.

Well maybe some would do it for their own reasons but personaly i did it because i didnt like the color. With the original ret color i could still see the ret thru the muzzle flash so i see no advantage there...but maybe thats just my ingame settings. I dont set my brightness way up so maybe that has to do with it..i dont know.

But that brings me to another point. I dont know how many times ive been tucked away in the back of a building looking out thru the door. Now it is completely dark where im at but some how someone from about 200 yards away comes around a corner and shoots me from that 200 yards. Now how did he see me....most likly from turning his brightness way up. Now yes this is an ingame option but for the average joe they might not know that if they turn their brightness up that they could see pretty good in dark areas.

Unfortunatly there will always be grey areas.

Just to let everyone know...im not trying to argue that i think anyone should be able to change their ret from the XML. This should be either picked up by the anticheat or put in as ingame options.

Im not trying to argue with you Roco, i feel you are right about most of this stuff and i understand why it is important to voice about it. I just needed to clarify why i had actualy done it because your statement of why people do it was alittle misleading. Atleast from my point of view.

You guys are grasping at straws for this ret color change issue.

Changing the ret color gives you absolutely no tactile advantage. You can argue the muzzel flash deal but it's just not true. You can still see the ret through the muzzle flash. Changing your cammo color to transparent (like someone suggested) does give you a tactile advantage.

Bottom line is you are not changing anything that makes it easier for you to spot enemies and/or makes you harder to spot by enemies. FSNV makes it easier for you to spot enemies, names makes it easier for you to spot enemies, acid skins makes it easier for you to spot enemies, changing your ret color does nothing to help you spot enemies.

while it might not help you spot out enamies easier. it will help[ you know where your bullets are going mroe hte the defaul color. and the thing is if something like this slpis thouht what other "simple" xml tweaks or mods will get though the ac? ebing so modable is a double edged sword unfortently

Well i think everyone is entitled to their own opinions on this. We will always be a nation divided when it comes to our own opinions. This is something we all must accept. Just hopefully we can meet in the middle and figure this out.

while it might not help you spot out enamies easier. it will help[ you know where your bullets are going mroe hte the defaul color. and the thing is if something like this slpis thouht what other "simple" xml tweaks or mods will get though the ac? ebing so modable is a double edged sword unfortently

Heck...half the time i dont think my bullets know where they are going themselves... :rofl:

I'm glad you've agreed to disagree. :)

The option was added as an "as-is" feature, it's just a question of exposing a variable to the player. This is purely a graphical change that only you can see. And no, the filechecker doesn't trigger on profile changes.

My personal opinion about this is that no, you will not gain a tactical advantage by changing this. You'd be better off having, say, 15ms less ping than your opponent.

I'm glad you've agreed to disagree. :)

The option was added as an "as-is" feature, it's just a question of exposing a variable to the player. This is purely a graphical change that only you can see. And no, the filechecker doesn't trigger on profile changes.

My personal opinion about this is that no, you will not gain a tactical advantage by changing this. You'd be better off having, say, 15ms less ping than your opponent.

Ty, now go back and fix our next patch, and make it the patch above all patches :P:)

Color Slider of 32bit color in the in-game menu, at least 5 different types of reticles and the ability to turn it on/off if I choose. That's what I would like, and I don't believe it would take more than a few minutes of coding to add it?

It's what I would like, it's what would stop this debate and we can all agree to disagree afterwards too.

geezus! you need to drop it, Roco. how do you not realize that this IS just a game option! SP campaign has nothing to do with it, it's a matter of what version you created your profile under. this _option_ was added per our own request and you're basically asking to reverse the change. putting it into the game menu would take time, and probably more effort than it did to create the option itself.

you talking about modded camo's is ridiculous, dood. maybe if they made the profile.xml into profile.txt you wouldn't get so paranoid? well, it's not gonna happen. this option stays, and instead of attacking the change you should try helping people understand how it works...

<punish_tk value="True"/>

<teamkill_kick_limit value="10"/>

These functions DO NOT WORK

hence not in the in -game menu.

lol ok they don't work but this disscusion is dead anyway since GRiN_Stickan stated "The option was added as an "as-is" feature, it's just a question of exposing a variable to the player." and if there is one there will be more.

geezus! you need to drop it, Roco. how do you not realize that this IS just a game option! SP campaign has nothing to do with it, it's a matter of what version you created your profile under. this _option_ was added per our own request and you're basically asking to reverse the change. putting it into the game menu would take time, and probably more effort than it did to create the option itself.

you talking about modded camo's is ridiculous, dood. maybe if they made the profile.xml into profile.txt you wouldn't get so paranoid? well, it's not gonna happen. this option stays, and instead of attacking the change you should try helping people understand how it works...

Th33f... what if you could add a <God mode = true> to your profile and be invincible. Would that be a Game option also or would you be calling hack?

This also reminds me of the limp in GR...

;)

huddex... LOL i think through what i say before i say it and know a lot about the server options since we have one.

Truthfully if it is going to be a feature then it needs to be in the options in game where everyone can immeditaly find it. That is my point which many here agree on. Until then I'll stick with the standard layout. It's fair and i can own with it without any color help. (which btw i have issues with certain shades ... in GR 1 i couldn't tell the difference between the bright green and gold for team colors)

the end.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

I'll be keeping my ret settings to default because I get accused of not playing clean way too much (see sig) and end up posting screenshots whenever possible, lol...

But seriouisly Roco, I doubt that anyone would be dumb enough to complain that the reason theef kicked their ass is because of a colored reticule. Thats just being butt hurt.

I suggest GRIN just put something in the next patch notes about the setting so its considered common knowledge. Hell I'll even write it if they want, and they can just copy and paste.

I've owned a c omputer almost every day of my life since age 13. I'm 32 now. I majored in Computer Science in college. I don't know how to edit XML, nor do I know anything about the 5-digit codes listed for RGB colors.

Not to try to whizz on your parade, th33f, but I find the instructions a bit intimidating. I'm sure the average Joe Bloe who just wants to put his computer together by the color-coded instructions, put in the disc and play, doesn't get it either.

But I bet for those with a better understanding of modern computer science (I studied in 1993- MS-DOS 5.0 cost about $400 a copy, and Windows was just an office application, not an operating system) this is simple, easy,. straightforward and comprehensive. It's just that I wouldn't know...

:P

Please note, this is not directed at you Rabbi, your post just made me think of an appropriate quote...

" --Maybe I don't want to spend my life

sittin' around and explaining ###### to

people.

--You know how ######in' easy this is to

me? This is a joke!

And I'm sorry you can't do this. I

really am. 'Cause if you could, I

wouldn't be forced to watch you fumble

around and ###### it up.

"

AAhhh....Good wiil hunting....very good movie!

Someone had said something about pointing people to do the ret color change in the XML could lead to other more dangerous tweaks. Pretty much since this game has been put out almost everyone has been pointing people to do XML tweaks to try and get better performance so in that case the damage was done long ago.

Anyways....when peoples minds get set...it is virtualy impossible to change them so whats the point. The only people that can settle this is Grin and thats with either making it detectable by the anticheat or making it an ingame option.

Edited by }PW{ Postal