Everyone, On A No Death Limit Server

I think right now we are in a transition period. And its kinda a battle of wills going on.

The Old School Vs. New School. Most of the clans playing the game are Old School, and have servers that represent where we come from. The new guys playing on those servers are not used to that style of play, and are complaining. So one of three things will happen.

1. The new people adapt, and learn the style of play that made this game great.

2. The new guys start to outnumber us, and the Older guys quit playing due to not many people playing their style.

3. Or the community splits into two groups, Hardcore Realism, and Arcade Players.

Im sure there are way more outcomes, but I thought these sounded cool, and I hate typing.

No point to really argue here, just my opinion.

That is a very interesting viewpoint.

I believe number 3 will happen if/when GRIN releases the coop patch and other fixes.

I'm keep playing this game, whit in the back of my mind it wil be point number 3.

So i can go whit the realism.. and maybe there will be a Realisme mod released in the future.

Is Grin telling (explaining); in wich direction the game will go? a post were i can read what this game is aiming for in the future, ...

Yeah, alot of people playing HH would rather go around the control point to try and get the highest kill score then to go and take over the control point.

Well, there are at least two schools of thought on the issue:

1.) Take the control zone and win by points

2.) Take the enemy enroute to the control zone and win by attrition

And I think the legitimate strategy in HH matches will eventually be to split a team up, sending one or two players around each side to cut-of SK's from the spawn and cover the perimeter of the CZ, and the rest go directly into the CZ and establish a secure foothold there from which to branch out and methodically eliminate enemies from it. Of course, given the opportunity the two perimeter patrols would advance to within 100 meters or less of the enemy spawn, to wherever they hold a fairly secure vantage point. From there they could cover enemies exiting the spawn all the way to the CZ.

I think that in a 7v7 match, each team could reasonably set-up as such:

Squad A: CZ capture team- RUSH the CZ from spawn, establish security within the CZ on the friendly side, then move-out cautiously from one side to the other, remembering not to expose your side to the open ground.

Squad B: Left perimeter patrol- From spawn RUSH to first available cover with vantage to far left corner. Advance in bounding overwatch to far left corner, maintaining security over Squad A's left flank and far left corner. Upon arrival at FLC, maintain overwatch of ground from enemy spawn to CZ.

Squad C: Right perimeter patrol- same as Squad B, but right side.

This would also allow some adaptability in a 7-player team. Say the right-most player in A gets dropped. One of the players from C could advance on the CZ to reestablish numerical and fires superiority. The other C player could overwatch his movement from a covered position, then be covered for forward bounds by that player who just moved to the CZ.

This once again hinges on players being able to calm down after the initial rush and advance in a steady and cautious manner. It also requires practice to perfect the bounding overwatch. COMMS are a must, as are good marksmanship and consistent use of cover/concealment with special attention to grenade attacks.

So yeah, I guess I'm saying the tactic of advancing to one's enemy's spawn is actually legitimate. Remember, if the ENTIRE enemy team goes straight to your spawn from the beginning, then LET THEM! Sit in the zone and pick them off as they attempt to rape it. HOLD THE HIGH GROUND. When they learn their lesson, they'll call you cheats and wallhackers, but that's the going rate in GRAW these days...

Definitly,

I agree, But this was not the case today. Here is basicly how it went down today.

Both teams would advance. Some go straight to the control point and then some to the enemy spawn. Now this was good but...For some strange reason if my team got totaly pushed out of the spawn then they stopped trying to get it back. Now i know your gonna say well maybe they couldnt get back.. In some cases sure...but i made it back every time but was severly out numbered cause the rest..or most of my team was trying to flank.

I guess maybe they could think whats the point, lets just try to get the kills and get it over with. Thats not how im built. I never stop pushing until im back in that zone...then ill camp my ###### off to try and win it or atleast stop the points from reaching zero and run the time out.

I do agree though, half the team flank and half the team push. As long as you can get in the zone first then all you need is one guy to be alive in that zone at a time to keep them from gaining points and dropping yours.

SCE - Shadow Company Elite is working on having weekly Events called Permanent Death events. It encompasses 1 death per soldier and will have a map pack/rotation setup along with server settings. Stay tuned. Should be a fun ride once they get the information out.

They will be doing this and I may help PR it around as I do with server hosted events...

http://shadowcompanyelite.com

I also enjoy the limited respawn matches.. with a resonible time limit.

As for HH matches. Did I read that you can set the game to be won three different ways. If HH could be setup where, if the team that loses all it's players first but still has the most points wins or ties the match. This might put more focus on the Centre? Not sure if that is possible?

The JAckal' date='Aug 11 2006, 01:55 AM' post='407919']

S.P.Q.R. vs B.P.R. 2 - 2 (GR1 0-2 & Swat4 2-0) ... to be continued... :thumbsup:

Ha haaa bring it matey..We play here.. http://www.pro-gamingleagues.com .. at the moment because CB havn`t set anything up and because PGL have a reasonable anticheat for any game..

take a look mate and give us that 3rd win :o=:lol: