Map rotation in server info

It was a nice surprise to see the server info added to the patch. The only thing i can think of that would make it just alittle better would be to have a scroll down of the servers map rotation in the server info. This would save alot of people from getting booted for not having the maps. I think with this implamented more servers would host custom maps.

It was a nice surprise to see the server info added to the patch. The only thing i can think of that would make it just alittle better would be to have a scroll down of the servers map rotation in the server info. This would save alot of people from getting booted for not having the maps. I think with this implamented more servers would host custom maps.

Problem is Postal,

You can not add maps while the game [graw.ex] is running , so if you saw the map rotation you would still have to exit the game for the maps to be added. When the game is loaded, all the descriptor.xmls are pre read, these give the map list the titles of the maps to be listed, once read it is only re read on a new launch of graw.exe

viii

Could there be a different community map pack put together? The server name could reference "Running GR.net MP1" etc. Those developing new maps could have them added every month or so with the latest release.

That would at least give everyone a recognizable version system to work from when joining servers, right?

Another thought...how about a voting contest for each release's map pack? This would encourage better map quality as people would be trying to get into the release.

Could there be a different community map pack put together? The server name could reference "Running GR.net MP1" etc. Those developing new maps could have them added every month or so with the latest release.

That would at least give everyone a recognizable version system to work from when joining servers, right?

Another thought...how about a voting contest for each release's map pack? This would encourage better map quality as people would be trying to get into the release.

The voting would best be handled on the forum of where the map's are released, not as a server option. We don't want to make any new server tools to complicated as it can lead to mistakes, or confusion for those who are running it.

Problem is Postal,

You can not add maps while the game [graw.ex] is running , so if you saw the map rotation you would still have to exit the game for the maps to be added. When the game is loaded, all the descriptor.xmls are pre read, these give the map list the titles of the maps to be listed, once read it is only re read on a new launch of graw.exe

viii

RGR that Viiiper,

I wasnt saying add maps while the game was running. All i was saying is that if the server has maps in rotation that you dont have then you would know to either find another server or back out of the game and get the maps. I dont see this as a problem but as a benefit so you dont have to worry about what maps they might have or not.

I dont join alot of servers for this reason. I have like 90 custom maps but hardly ever play them.

Edited by }PW{ Postal