How do I get more ammo?

On the Mayday Mayday mission recently - there I was,- down to my last clip, out of nades, my sidearm was no use except up close and I still had a lot of nasty to get through - then I remembered one of the hints had said that I could pickup ammo from dead AI, PHEW.. saved.

Wrong. I tried everything I could to pickup extra ammo clips on the floor, I even went back to other places in the map, walked over it pressed 'e', jumped on it, shot it ... Nah , nothing would work, so my question is .....

How the hell do you get ammo off dead enemies?

Or is the answer the obvious- 'they have to be carrying the same weapon as you'?

Thnks

On the Mayday Mayday mission recently - there I was,- down to my last clip, out of nades, my sidearm was no use except up close and I still had a lot of nasty to get through - then I remembered one of the hints had said that I could pickup ammo from dead AI, PHEW.. saved.

Wrong. I tried everything I could to pickup extra ammo clips on the floor, I even went back to other places in the map, walked over it pressed 'e', jumped on it, shot it ... Nah , nothing would work, so my question is .....

Or is the answer the obvious- 'they have to be carrying the same weapon as you'?

Thnks

You answered your own question.

Almost.

Not necessarily the same WEAPON as you, but at least the same CALIBER (in SP anyhow). Enemy AI use 5.56mm almost exclusively. SCAR-L and M-8 Carbine can both accept magazines off dead enemy AI. Also, in SP you can take 1 magazine of 5.56mm off one of those HK21 MG's for those same weapons. Occasionally you'll see an enemy AI using a pistol, or later in the campaign an MP5SD. You can pull those magazines as well to feed your secondary. Not sure about the M8 Compact, as I've almost never bothered with that one.

If you're carrying SCAR-H, MR-C or Mk48, then you will not be able to retrieve ammo from fallen enemy AI's. Something to consider when loading out.

Would be nice if, like in [GR], when you change a magazine for a fresh one, if there are any rounds left in the current one then it's not discarded, but kept just in case. Often I find myself changing a mag out at up to 22 rounds left in it just to have a fresh one in for the next badguy. Would be cool if I ran dangerously short ot have that old 20-something rounds still hanging around...

Stick to 5.56mm. It's a crap round, but it's an ABUNDANT crap round at least...

At the end of Mayday mayday you can pick up a coupla scar H clips, also you have to have the gun in your hand that matches the clip on the ground,

therefore: if you see a pistol clip on the floor and you have mp5 secondary you have to switch to the secondary to pick up the clip.

Personally, I think the game engine is designed to issue clips for the weapon you're not carrying (kind of pmt/ pms for software)

Them Grinsters have got a strange sense of humour!

Thnks

You answered your own question.

Almost.

Not necessarily the same WEAPON as you, but at least the same CALIBER (in SP anyhow). Enemy AI use 5.56mm almost exclusively. SCAR-L and M-8 Carbine can both accept magazines off dead enemy AI. Also, in SP you can take 1 magazine of 5.56mm off one of those HK21 MG's for those same weapons. Occasionally you'll see an enemy AI using a pistol, or later in the campaign an MP5SD. You can pull those magazines as well to feed your secondary. Not sure about the M8 Compact, as I've almost never bothered with that one.

If you're carrying SCAR-H, MR-C or Mk48, then you will not be able to retrieve ammo from fallen enemy AI's. Something to consider when loading out.

Would be nice if, like in [GR], when you change a magazine for a fresh one, if there are any rounds left in the current one then it's not discarded, but kept just in case. Often I find myself changing a mag out at up to 22 rounds left in it just to have a fresh one in for the next badguy. Would be cool if I ran dangerously short ot have that old 20-something rounds still hanging around...

Stick to 5.56mm. It's a crap round, but it's an ABUNDANT crap round at least...

The M8 yes, you can grab rounds off of dead bodies. I think I may have fixed the HK21 issue, I had time earlier, but was using the MR-C alot so I still have yet to confirm. But I universally use the MR-C, and you have to know fire discipline. With most missions without resupply I can get down to 4 or 5 mags unmodified. Only time I broke that was "Ready for Bear" after the Mi-28 attack, but I usually keep it in Semi and just double tap (and I "re-zeroed" the Aimpoint and the EOTech so my shots aren't all wasted now), as I rarely use full-auto, or even burst. When I carry the M8 Compact, I burn barrels with that one though, as said, there's plenty of ammo around :D Sometimes with the MP5SD6, but not normally, I need to ask around and see how accurate it really is, methinks GRIN got it wrong, but since I never fired it..

MAGAZINES, gentlemen, they are MAGAZINES.

:lol:

I'm glad i'm not the only one getting upset at that

Magazine

8750.jpg

Clip

M1SideAP.jpg

notice that the magazine fully encloses the round from all sides like a notebook would surround paper to hold it. A clip just holds the rounds together like a paper clip holds together paper loosley.

Thnks

I believe that you can pick up a dead soldiers gun and that gives you ammo, that would also mean that you will lose the gun that you are carrying for the gun you had pick up.

ghstbstr

Edited by ghstbstr

That would be a neat trick. I've often wondered how the GRAW H&K G36 would compare. Shame it's just not that (BF2) easy...

When you walk over a weapon you will see an icon on the left side of the com asking you to pick up the gun, then you press the up button on the d-pad that allows you to pick up the gun. Unless I was dreaming I know that I have pick up a weapon before, I usally do not because I like the gun that I have.

ghstbstr

Edited by ghstbstr

then you press the up button on the d-pad that allows you to pick up the gun. Unless I was dreaming

If you're playing the Xbox360 title, possibly the Xbox as well (not sure), then you weren't dreaming. This isn't a feature of the PC title though. Just ammo.

then you press the up button on the d-pad that allows you to pick up the gun. Unless I was dreaming

If you're playing the Xbox360 title, possibly the Xbox as well (not sure), then you weren't dreaming. This isn't a feature of the PC title though. Just ammo.

Oh yea right, I am in the pc forum for GRAW not the xbox360 forum. I am sorry.

The past few day I have been playing nothing but GRAW on the xbox360 because of how much better it is over the pc version, which for now I give up on the pc version of GRAW that is until it is fixed or if it is ever fixed.

ghstbstr