I’m finding this game really tough

I’m finding this game really tough, like beyond what the level should be called “easyâ€. Rather, it got harder all of a sudden. The training and the first bit were great and could advance no problem at all. Now it’s like it clicked up a notch or two on me. With no warning or previous fire or any radar heads up to help me, I’m getting killed, in sp, with one shot or out of nowhere with rockets. All of a sudden I’m just dead and game over. I’ve only played a handful of fps games and this one just isn’t enjoyable compared to the first GR or Rainbow Six series. It started off fine but for days now, and half dozen times a day I can’t get past “VIP2 is Down†Check Point 3. and weird, the load screen shows two check point 3’s as saved when everything bellow it climbs in the proper sequence. No matter what which check point 3 I load, it places near the same spot at the fountain. I’m finding my guys aren’t that bright either. I just installed the latest patch hoping to find a “granddad†level that’s easier than easy, but I’m afraid this game isn’t enjoyable going around the same bit of map dying over and over. It’s definitely harder than when I first started out. I’ve checked all the settings and it still on easy.

Edited by Monkey_C

I’m finding this game really tough, like beyond what the level should be called “easyâ€. Rather, it got harder all of a sudden. The training and the first bit were great and could advance no problem at all. Now it’s like it clicked up a notch or two on me. With no warning or previous fire or any radar heads up to help me, I’m getting killed, in sp, with one shot or out of nowhere with rockets. All of a sudden I’m just dead and game over. I’ve only played a handful of fps games and this one just isn’t enjoyable compared to the first GR or Rainbow Six series. It started off fine but for days now, and half dozen times a day I can’t get past “VIP2 is Down†Check Point 3. and weird, the load screen shows two check point 3’s as saved when everything bellow it climbs in the proper sequence. No matter what which check point 3 I load, it places near the same spot at the fountain. I’m finding my guys aren’t that bright either. I just installed the latest patch hoping to find a “granddad†level that’s easier than easy, but I’m afraid this game isn’t enjoyable going around the same bit of map dying over and over. It’s definitely harder than when I first started out. I’ve checked all the settings and it still on easy.

I think its meant to get harder the longer you play :) level 3 is ofcourse alot harder than level 1 :)

get harder as you play longer? Not sure I follow. Sure games get more challenging but what I am saying is that at previous points in the game if say I come around a corner, you can take a shot or two or have near misses and back out and still be alive. This isn’t happening all of a sudden. I just die out of the blue. The repsonce of the enemy is faster as well. Like you would expect on the easy level, you get a second or two to scope in and shoot, but no siree, not now, it’s instant death. It’s like I’m playing master level or something. It sucks. I just went and replayed back a couple save points and it’s so much easier than what is going on here. I’m getting a totally inconsistent skill level it seems. I’m running it on a 64 bit windows box, a8n-sli deluxe with 4 gigs of ram. Can’t remember my video card but it’s there along with everything else though.

get harder as you play longer? Not sure I follow. Sure games get more challenging but what I am saying is that at previous points in the game if say I come around a corner, you can take a shot or two or have near misses and back out and still be alive. This isn’t happening all of a sudden. I just die out of the blue. The repsonce of the enemy is faster as well. Like you would expect on the easy level, you get a second or two to scope in and shoot, but no siree, not now, it’s instant death. It’s like I’m playing master level or something. It sucks. I just went and replayed back a couple save points and it’s so much easier than what is going on here. I’m getting a totally inconsistent skill level it seems. I’m running it on a 64 bit windows box, a8n-sli deluxe with 4 gigs of ram. Can’t remember my video card but it’s there along with everything else though.

You are getting shot by a guy with a rocket launcher. He is standing on a roof straigh ahead of you. Try taking the team around him instead of walking down the street head on. If you take the left way instead of righ after the fountain you can get closer to him and snipe him out.

Sure games get more challenging but what I am saying is that at previous points in the game if say I come around a corner, you can take a shot or two or have near misses and back out and still be alive. This isn’t happening all of a sudden. I just die out of the blue. The repsonce of the enemy is faster as well. Like you would expect on the easy level, you get a second or two to scope in and shoot, but no siree, not now, it’s instant death. It’s like I’m playing master level or something. It sucks.

I think, when this sudden death is happening, you have already been hit a few times previously and your health indicator is red. Try playing level 3 from the checkpoint previous to the one you are currently loading from -- and try to avoid being shot. You will not have instant deaths. :)

p.s- I have played this game only on 'hard' and never seen the enemies having unnaturally good aims. If anything, they need to be slightly more alert to my presence and 'hear' better, to be realistic.

p.p.s - Bo has come up with a better answer and if I had seen his reply, I need not have posted.

Edited by buddhiraja73

You are getting shot by a guy with a rocket launcher. He is standing on a roof straigh ahead of you. Try taking the team around him instead of walking down the street head on. If you take the left way instead of righ after the fountain you can get closer to him and snipe him out.

Very nice to see you back.

Also use your head up display this will give you his location from above.

A complete mission breakdown is listed below this will help you to complete the missions.

http://guides.gamepressure.com/ghostreconadvancedwarfighter/

thanks everybody, I appreciate it. I just played for another hour and this game is no fun though, I'm throwing in the towel. I've completed Farcry, the first GR, all the Rainbow Six, and I've never been so frustrated with such a lack of advancement. There seems to be a lot of 'save game' points up until this part and then nothing after many encounters with the enemy for a long time and back I go. Having more 'save game' points would be a big help.

cheers.

thanks everybody, I appreciate it. I just played for another hour and this game is no fun though, I'm throwing in the towel. I've completed Farcry, the first GR, all the Rainbow Six, and I've never been so frustrated with such a lack of advancement. There seems to be a lot of 'save game' points up until this part and then nothing after many encounters with the enemy for a long time and back I go. Having more 'save game' points would be a big help.

cheers.

try this link

you'll find both a detailed gameguide and a "trick" to unlock missions..

try this link

you'll find both a detailed gameguide and a "trick" to unlock missions..

thanks, i'll go check it out.

and thanks for the warm responce and manners everyone. i've read a few forums over the years trying to figure things out and man do they get out of hand with some of the childish remarks.

i usually just play games sp to take a break from work but if a complete noob wanted to go online, is there a walk through process on setting up servers and such?

cheers again

cheers.

I hope you hang on! Just take a break for a few days/ weeks and pick it up where you left. I came to the same point you are also with some other games. After leaving it alone I usually pick it up and manage to succeed.

Keep the faith!

Ps. Bo, Nice to see ya back again! :grin1:

If this is the mission I'm thinking, and it IS, then isn't that an automatic grenade launcher? Perhaps the Mk19 variety? Actually, if you keep a careful distance and know what you're looking for you can hit him head on before he even sees you. The tree between you two offers concealment, but he soon enough pops-up with the red diamond of death, so you don't have to have a clear line of sight to him, just one unobstructed to bullets.

If you DO go left, make REALLY sure you take him out before you get to the big roundabout in front of the Embassy. I managed to avoid him altogether just to figure out later I HAD to kill him to advance. Had to go back a couple savegames to get him. Lesson learned: Take the HARD path to victory...

I've had to leave this game (ticked off) more times than you can shake a stick at... This action by yours truely, indiactes this is a great game... The only part that needed attention was my concentration and a different plan of attack... There's always another way to get around most of the tangos, you just have to stop, look and plan your attack for the most of it..... Hang in there, it does get better... Like the other post said, walk away and come back to it in a day or so, same as I did... You'll be surprised what you'll be able to do.... This game has all the possibilities going for it and I for one, am gonna wait it out till the end... Should there ever be an end.... lol Hope not!!!! :g_withgrin:

Edited by Stormin

And again. Here I am on night four of half a dozen attempts trying to get through "VIP2 Is Down", Check point 6. Stupid hard for an easy level. Who beta tested this?

I don't remember who it was who betatested it, a guy called Fatal1ty or something like it I think.

I am with you bro, I played this last part ovver and over again. Actually I played all to often, I should have stopped playing for 15 minutes and just chill down a bit.

What I can say is that I recommend you crouching around the monument most of the time, having one or two guys with you at it, positioning them out of tanks way when tehy come (you will learn how to shuffle them around in the best way. Position one or two guys at map edges were no armour will reach them easily (in the ally to the left of the MBC for example).

And DO USE the tactical map (or actually: the drone) , you can see a lot of tangos on the map. Better checking them out on map than with your skull.

Further, use your ghosts to do any dangerous stuff which you are about to do. Let them advance around in order to draw fire, do not do it yourself.

Edited by JASGripen

Thanks man, appreciate it. Drone? I don't have a drone on this level. There should be a game save after getting the vip in the helicopter. I'm getting sick of hearing the intro to this level.

I certainly hope someone other than a seasoned gamer beta'd this...

One of my guys is sure stupid. He likes to come up past me as I'm crouched with the scope on waiting for a tango to pop his head up from behind a car and sit right in front of me. I can't believe it! So I shot the dumb ass just for the hell of it.

Thanks man, appreciate it. Drone? I don't have a drone on this level. There should be a game save after getting the vip in the helicopter. I'm getting sick of hearing the intro to this level.

One of my guys is sure stupid. He likes to come up past me as I'm crouched with the scope on waiting for a tango to pop his head up from behind a car and sit right in front of me. I can't believe it! So I shot the dumb ass just for the hell of it.

Yes the Ghosts are not always the best and the brightest, but would a bright guy apply for a job like theirs? Deal with it. ;)

About Drone, the tactical map is actually like adrone as you get live coverage on the map, with tangos moving, tanks stationed and explosions just... happening. Use it and save lives.

After you have delivered the VIP, take 2 ghosts (leave one in MBC or in the alley to the left of it) and yourself up on the monument, watch out for the tank coming from the tunnel though as it intends to park just on the monument. You can prepare yourself by aiming and scroll mouse click (?!) to the "attack" commando for the attack chopper. So that when you see the tank emerge you got an attack order on it in a split second.

Let the ghosts draw fire and don't stand next to them, snipe the dastards out. The last tank do not do much as long as you don't go visiting the far side of the monument to much (opposite MBC).

Edited by JASGripen

Well, you have to direct you team, make them cover for you, and only if all is save you give them the follow command. I had a very hard time on the VIP 2 mission, trying to survive the tanks thrown at me..... and I amnaged, with my whole team alive after 3 hours of trial and error. I can imagine you give up......

I haven't finished Sp yet, I toop up online gaming, which is much fun, though Coop mission I havent seen finished online yet. i hope GRIN will allow more teammates on online coop.

I've found that the missions are easier if you play them online co-op with a group of people using some kind of voice communication (like TeamSpeak). The AI is OK but is nothing when compared to real person. If you do play SP, go slow. Go really slow. I can't stress that enough. It's easy to die if you run down the streets not taking cover, etc. I agree that the game is difficult but once you play through the missions, figure out good weapon combinations, and basically memorized everything.... then the missions are fairly easy actually. Anyway, good luck! ;)

Sorry Gang, I throw in the towel, this game sux for me. It’s not what I want. It’s way too hard for a self employed dude to take a break from work a couple times a day and slowly work ones way through a game like I have been doing for years. Like I said, I’ve played the first GR, the Rainbow Six’s, Fear, Half Life blah blah blah and, being in my mid 30’s with hours of gaming time since a kid, I haven’t come across a game like this ever. Yes, I’ve tried everything mentioned above and am not an idiot and doing the same mistakes over and over. I’m a quick learn and am so thoroughly fed up of going around the same map and dying over and over that this isn’t what I want in a game. Too hard, not enough save game points, and the AI of the team members is ridiculous. I can’t believe someone further up here was defending them, they’re the worst I’ve ever had to baby sit. They get in the way and kill your chance at a kill. Threads and other forums state the same thing after a bit of research now and apparently I’m not the only one that is going to do an uninstall a couple weeks after purchase and feel this was a waste of $50. Thanks though to all those that helped and had a genuine concern in helping me with tips and advice. Cheers.

Sorry Gang, I throw in the towel, this game sux for me. It’s not what I want. It’s way too hard for a self employed dude to take a break from work a couple times a day and slowly work ones way through a game like I have been doing for years. Like I said, I’ve played the first GR, the Rainbow Six’s, Fear, Half Life blah blah blah and, being in my mid 30’s with hours of gaming time since a kid, I haven’t come across a game like this ever. Yes, I’ve tried everything mentioned above and am not an idiot and doing the same mistakes over and over. I’m a quick learn and am so thoroughly fed up of going around the same map and dying over and over that this isn’t what I want in a game. Too hard, not enough save game points, and the AI of the team members is ridiculous. I can’t believe someone further up here was defending them, they’re the worst I’ve ever had to baby sit. They get in the way and kill your chance at a kill. Threads and other forums state the same thing after a bit of research now and apparently I’m not the only one that is going to do an uninstall a couple weeks after purchase and feel this was a waste of $50. Thanks though to all those that helped and had a genuine concern in helping me with tips and advice. Cheers.

Well I've had some hard times getting thrugh some levels, but overall the game is not too hard, just make use of cover, try detour's and make shure you spot gun-nests in time and you should be fine. [GR] was more difficult in those days..... man i spent nights getting by some spots...