GRAW freezing after clicking Quit or I get GRAW.exe has encounted a pr

When I what to close out of I GRAW I click on the Quit button like I have always done within the GRAW menu, but now after I patched to 1.21 GRAW will either 50% of time will freeze to a black screen after clicking on Quit and will stay that way until I restart my pc or the other 50% of the time I get a window that says GRAW.exe has encounted a problem message.

I thought this was because of the 1.21 patch, but I was wrong because I removed/deleted that patch off of my pc and went back to the 1.20 patch were I had no problems and I still get the same issues as above.

I would re-install GRAW but I do not want to lose my saved missions and have to start back at the beginning again.

Anyone can offer an help on this please?

ghstbstr

My system specs are:

Cpu - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4800+(2.4GHz) 2x1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2,

Mobo - ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP,

Memory - CORSAIR XMS2 EPP(SLI certified) 2GB-matched pair DDR2 800(PC2-6400) Model: TWIN2X2048-6400C4,

Video card - 2x(SLI) BFG NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT OC 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express,

Ageia PhysX card - ASUS PhysX P1 Ghost Recon Edition Physics Card 128MB GDDR3 PCI,

Sound - Integrated Mobo SoundMax 5.1 Digital Sound,

Hard drive - Maxtor DiamondMax 120GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA133 8MB Cache/Buffer,

Power supply - Rosewill RD550-2DB-SL 550W Active PFC SLI Ready ATX Form Factor,

Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 930B 19in TFT LCD 8ms Flat Panel,

Keyboard - ZBOARD The Ultimate Gaming Keyboard with 4 Keysets,

Mouse - Logitech MX518 Gaming Grade Optical Mouse,

Case - Antec Super Lanboy Silver Anodized Aluminum with Side Window ATX Mini Tower.

This is getting disturbingly frequent...

What is?

ghstbstr

No idea on what's causing the freeze but if you want to re-install the game all you need to do is make a copy of the settings/profiles/graw_profile_(yourgamename) folder, replace it after install and drive on. :thumbsup:

Save this folder? - graw_profile_default

Then what, after I re-install GRAW then delete the graw_profile_default folder that is there and replace with the graw_profile_default that I saved?

ghstbstr

... and freshly reinstalled not three whole days ago. then installed 1.20 cumulative patch, then 1.21. Haven't even downloaded any aftermarket maps yet, much less installed any sorts of maps or mods. CLEAN as a whistle (though most whistles I've seen are still moist with the last three peoples' slobber...)!

As is the system install (also a couple days ago). No other programs to concern one's self with. TS, SketchUp, and Windows Live Messenger round out the non-manufacturer software. Really. THAT IS ALL THAT'S ON HERE.

Maybe I SHOULD load back up with tons of craptastic software from shady programmers. It'll slow down gameplay, but at least that annoying (and not the least bit dysfunctional) crash/bug/glitch thing will go away...

the other 50% of the time I get a window that says GRAW.exe has encounted a problem message.

I thought this was because of the 1.21 patch, but I was wrong because I removed/deleted that patch off of my pc and went back to the 1.20 patch were I had no problems and I still get the same issues as above.

I would re-install GRAW but I do not want to lose my saved missions and have to start back at the beginning again.

ghstbstr

My system specs are:

Memory - CORSAIR XMS2 EPP(SLI certified) 2GB-matched pair DDR2 800(PC2-6400) Model: TWIN2X2048-6400C4,

Ageia PhysX card - ASUS PhysX P1 Ghost Recon Edition Physics Card 128MB GDDR3 PCI,

Case - Antec Super Lanboy Silver Anodized Aluminum with Side Window ATX Mini Tower.

I had that problem when I installed the 1.21 patch too. Heres what I did that fixed it...this may or may not work but give it a try aanyway.

1.) Go to Control Panel-Add/Remove software and find the 1.21 patch listed there.

2.) Uninstall it from there

3.)Delete the patch that you d/l'ed...all 230mb's of it

4.)Download the patch from GamerShell and choose the link from Krypt 1000mb

5.) install freshly downloaded patch

I got my first patch from ubi and had the GRAW has encountered a problem do I want to report to Microsoft business, so I did the above steps. Funny thing the patch I got from Krypt was compressed at 230mb...but the patch I got from ubi was uncompressed at the same file size...hmmmm

Edited by Stealth-IRA

I will un-install and then re-install GRAW on my pc to see if that helps with the issue.

I have a question before I download/install the 1.21 patch, can I install only the 1.21 patch or do I have download/install all previous patches first in order 1.06/1.10/1.16/1.20 and then the 1.21 patch?

Thanks,

ghstbstr

When I what to close out of I GRAW I click on the Quit button like I have always done within the GRAW menu, but now after I patched to 1.21 GRAW will either 50% of time will freeze to a black screen after clicking on Quit and will stay that way until I restart my pc or the other 50% of the time I get a window that says GRAW.exe has encounted a problem message.

ghstbstr

My system specs are:

This same error is common at the moment, on different sys configs.

Inform Ubisoft.

Grin has info already.

ghstbstr

My system specs are:

This same error is common at the moment, on different sys configs.

Inform Ubisoft.

Grin has info already.

I was getting the same error. I even posted on the tech forum, but no suggestions. I was always getting the error in Shantytown mission of QB. I had assumed it was my system, because I had a crash to Desktop when I had played this mission, then I reinstalled it. Upgraded to 1.21(off the Ubi site) and then received the same GR:AW.exe. So, I un-installed and re-installed,yesterday, and am now playing it from the beginning. Think I'll go to fileplanet or gamershell to download the newest patches. :g_withgrin:

I had it, in my case, it was caused by renaming the GRAW.exe. AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe so I could use crossfire. Renaming it back to GRAW fixed it for me... until I started modding some xml files. Some modded xml files definately do something at shutdown and cause problems. The one I edited was mp_server_info.xml from gui folder. With the modded xml I get an error as I quit the game, delete the xml and it shuts down perfectly.

So GRAW exe has problems with some mods, and can't be renamed...

That's all I know at present

I will un-install and then re-install GRAW on my pc to see if that helps with the issue.

I have a question before I download/install the 1.21 patch, can I install only the 1.21 patch or do I have download/install all previous patches first in order 1.06/1.10/1.16/1.20 and then the 1.21 patch?

Thanks,

ghstbstr

Does anyone know?

ghstbstr

Thanks,

ghstbstr

Does anyone know?

ghstbstr

Just 1.20 and 1.21. 1.20 was a cumulative pach that included everything prior.

I too have this error. Going to remove the game and wait for the coop patch and see if that fixes it and wait for all the possitive comments before I do. Maybe its not a bug but an undocumented feature ?

See you next month.

Please tell me this isnt the only reason you are removing GRAW from your computer. I mean...you only get this when you hit quit so you were gonna close it anyways...lol To me...as long as it dont drasticly effect my gameplay itself then i dont mind. If it wants to have an error on exit then so be it..i was done with it at the moment...lol

But this is just M.O.