Spawnkilling

Okay, to players new and old:

DEFEND YOUR SPAWN

It's your job. It is not the job of the players on the other team to stop advancing if they are owning you through one area of the map. It's your job to stop them from advancing.

For the record, I do NOT condone people advancing so far that they are actually IN the opponent's spawn or can SEE INTO the opponent's spawn. THAT is spawn-killing and should not happen, but that's as far as I have sympathy. If there are two or three exits from your spawn area, and you have allowed the enemy to advance so far that they can cover those exits, that's your fault, and it's your job to get out of it, not there's to let you out. 9 out of 10 times I read "lousy #$^% spawn-camper!" in a game, there's no spawn-camping; it's just that one team is getting worked like rented mules and controls no area of the map.

I've heard a number of players say that ZERO respawns is the solution to spawn-killing. I would suggest that good play is the solution. Defend your spawn.

Very well said my friend. I created Spawn Rape Training in gr1 to get people to start defending there spawns. It turned out to be one of the most place game types in gr.

Beside dont these people whining realize they can turn on an invincible timer for the respawns.

Very cool post Logos!

I agree with you as well,

It is very important for the whole team to do this cause i was on the bad side of this yesterday...wasnt i Logos.. :P

The game started and i noticed everyone was flanking right so i figured i would flank left so it wasnt totaly open for enemy advance. I made my initial push and made it half way up the map but was shot. Now because i was the only player that advanced on that side by the time i made it out of the spawn...Logos had made it down with shot distance of one of our spawn exits....i didnt forsee this and ran right out to re advance up the left flank. Well needless to say..Logos was waiting as i exited the left spawn exit and i was dead pretty quik. Before we knew it the enemy had over run our spawn area because the left flank was left open.

By the way...very well played Logos...but did you notice next round i was ready for you.... :rofl:

Edited by }PW{ Postal

I agree with your post also. The one very frustrating thing is when you take your time to flank, as Postal mentioned above, and wind up dead after about 4-5 minutes of picking off the enemy. Next thing you know, you spawn with your head in the reticules of 2 opposing players in one direction and 1 in the oppositie direction...no place to go...but down. So, let's try this again, 1 respawn left right? Same story...game over...DeUcEs is frustrated...

Can we add one exception when there are limited spawns?

When the opposing team is down to 1 or 2 players, no area of the map is off limits (including spawns).

The purpose of this would be to finish off the map as soon as possible. Imagine if there was an absolute restriction on entering the enemy spawn area. The last person alive COULD decide to sit & wait out the timer instead of getting killed.

This would be the equivalent of bayonetting the wounded in real life.

logos you have a great point here, and i agree, but...

there are some places on the maps in hh that are away from the spawnpoints but have height and clear view, as you spawn you fall down few feet and then get consious, this sometimes takes time

and they can pick you off the moment you move

i agree that teams must defend their own spawn, but i would like to see that spawn sites are better protected by the enviorment because in all maps when in the HH-zone there are places that can see directly into spawn from decent cover, this is a map disadvantage not so much a team behaviour

hope grin can change some little things to the maps like decent top covers for the spawn zones

DEFEND YOUR SPAWN

It's your job. It is not the job of the players on the other team to stop advancing if they are owning you through one area of the map. It's your job to stop them from advancing.

Well, in theory I agree Logos :thumbsup: , but this will never happen, at least not in the majority of public TDM/HH fun game servers, as 95% of players only care about how many kills they acquire themselves (and most kills are typically acquired around enemy spawn chokepoints). Something tells me that this will never change...’GI Run’n Gunner Joe’, who doesn’t care about the team, will always join. When playing with spawns, spawn killing in TDM (or HH) will inevitably happen at some point, players should just accept it...as well as accept that the n00bs whine about it I guess…

Domination is better because of the mini map zones ‘visualize’ when players get close to the spawns and you are more prepared.

I've heard a number of players say that ZERO respawns is the solution to spawn-killing.

Yes, 0 spawns is not only the ultimate solution to eliminate spawn killing, it's the solution to an ultimate GRAW experience for players who like tactical game play and getting those special kills (rather than racking up a 15 kills -2 deaths or so if you have a good round in a game with a few spawns…). :g_guns:

my own opinion.

It must be a new thing but there is no fun in spawn killing, a hobby for lamers.

You can hold your area and do the right thing and let the other team at least spawn.

Bad map design leads to spawn killing too, so all map designers should try to make spawns better protected.

I play the old way, but Spawn killers are control jockeys, only out for the easy kill, first to

complain when they get owned.

Good servers ban spawn killers, I know BDA do.... one day all spawn killers will be together like they are ment to be.... kill each other....sweet justice

viii

I figured i'd add to this... New players though to the game won't want 1 spawn. They can't get adjusted to the map and the frustration will make them leave looking for somewhere that they can play enough to learn the map. 2 or 3 spawns at least gives them a chance to do this. That is for public servers of course.

DEFEND YOUR SPAWN

For the record, I do NOT condone people advancing so far that they are actually IN the opponent's spawn or can SEE INTO the opponent's spawn. THAT is spawn-killing and should not happen, but that's as far as I have sympathy. If there are two or three exits from your spawn area, and you have allowed the enemy to advance so far that they can cover those exits, that's your fault, and it's your job to get out of it, not there's to let you out. 9 out of 10 times I read "lousy #$^% spawn-camper!" in a game, there's no spawn-camping; it's just that one team is getting worked like rented mules and controls no area of the map.

I've heard a number of players say that ZERO respawns is the solution to spawn-killing. I would suggest that good play is the solution. Defend your spawn.

100% CORRECT!!!!

Thanks for the post! I def. agree. :grin1:

There's a problem with this theory.

9/10 (when we're being spawn raped), I find myself on a team that doesn't even try to leave the spawn. When that happens, it typically ends up being me and 2-3 others (on a 10 person team) always pushing one way or another - only to be killed when our momentium finally runs out.

Being spawn raped drives me nuts because it doesn't feel like anything is being accomplished - and therefore ruins the game. It's worse when 7/10 players on my team (using above example) are all piddling their fingers in the spawn zone, trying to snipe the oncoming players that are throwing/shooting grenades in our dirrection.

So no. I don't belive spawn rape should be something used in pubs. I say this because typically there arn't enough intelligent players to go around to make it possible to get out of a half-decent rape. And then it ends up being the only guy left, is the one who waited to spawn everytime, and then ran into the back corner with his precious sniper rifle.