Post 1.21 game enhancements

Hey Guys,

What I was referring to was, in [GR] (and I know this is not [GR]) I could hit my Tab key and without leaving the current screen, in match action, it would bring up a little window overlay that showed the current state of the game. Who was winning, how many lives left etc...

The tab funtion for me actually brings me in to the lobby... not good when you might be the last guy against three or four others? So would that answer be no then?

I had that set up in [GR] as the "b" key brought up the status screen with deaths and all, but "m" brought up the tactical map which could be enhanced by adding gridlines, which was sanctioned by the ladder we were on. When squads left the spawn zone and eventually found the enemy, they could report contact in a particular zone and that contact could be supported or flanked by a nearby squad. This key returned you to the game map as soon as it was released, which was good for the team captain as it removed the need for the team members to be spending too much time on the map key. Remember, there are no sensors in this game so this feature will only be good for directing forces to general contact points.

Default was "b", actually. B stands for Board, as in LEADERBOARD. I don't think it was sticky/toggle. Was just playing the other day, but I can't remember too clearly...

Edit my above post to read: "I am stupid and for this I apologize to you all, my dog, and the Virgin Mary." There ARE separate teams on TDM and DOM within each side. I suck, and should be punched repeatedly in the ear.

Default was "b", actually. B stands for Board, as in LEADERBOARD. I don't think it was sticky/toggle. Was just playing the other day, but I can't remember too clearly...

Edit my above post to read: "I am stupid and for this I apologize to you all, my dog, and the Virgin Mary." There ARE separate teams on TDM and DOM within each side. I suck, and should be punched repeatedly in the ear.

My friend, I loved it. I wouldn't dare make a post this late at night as at my age I may fall aleep in the middle of it.

For the purposes of matching, knowing which team has more kills by checking the game score is a bad idea. It gives a Team that is winning a chance to 'camp' on a lead and pick of anyone who tries to come at them. Happened all too often in [GR], to the point where some teams would set out to get one kill and then camp for the rest of the 20 minute match.

I believe not knowing the score means that a Team will have to communicate to eachother more effectively as to how many kills they have taken, and if respawns are being used, how many times their team members have died.

It will make teams less campy, and encourage them to fight more to be assured of victory.

Lighty out.

I totally agree, it would be nice if the ability to check scores during the match was a server option.

For the purposes of matching, knowing which team has more kills by checking the game score is a bad idea. It gives a Team that is winning a chance to 'camp' on a lead and pick of anyone who tries to come at them. Happened all too often in [GR], to the point where some teams would set out to get one kill and then camp for the rest of the 20 minute match.

I believe not knowing the score means that a Team will have to communicate to eachother more effectively as to how many kills they have taken, and if respawns are being used, how many times their team members have died.

It will make teams less campy, and encourage them to fight more to be assured of victory.

Lighty out.

I totally agree, it would be nice if the ability to check scores during the match was a server option.

Very very very very nice. A server side option to show the scores would be very very very very nice :whistle::grin1:

A read though summery of what i agree on...

leaderboard key yeah that was great! didnt cover your screen so your still in play and your eye are not away from the action.

the command map.. my views on it make it in grided and allow squad leaders to give members commands like in single player we talk about tatical play with no VOIP this will be a better feature and please let them see on the map where to look.

the other thing i would like to see is the ablility to change game modes and server settings in between rounds say u decided enough of TDM you only had 4 people and they all wanted to play coop instead of kicking them u changed settings applyed it they all loaded the coop game.

1 more thing a ready timer if people dont ready up put timer on and go.

A read though summery of what i agree on...

leaderboard key yeah that was great! didnt cover your screen so your still in play and your eye are not away from the action.

the command map.. my views on it make it in grided and allow squad leaders to give members commands like in single player we talk about tatical play with no VOIP this will be a better feature and please let them see on the map where to look.

the other thing i would like to see is the ablility to change game modes and server settings in between rounds say u decided enough of TDM you only had 4 people and they all wanted to play coop instead of kicking them u changed settings applyed it they all loaded the coop game.

1 more thing a ready timer if people dont ready up put timer on and go.

Gridded, or better yet... use the exisiting domination zones for grids. That way on that small minimap they are easier to read. add some for hollow and comm station and you will have some very happy clans.

Gridded, or better yet... use the exisiting domination zones for grids. That way on that small minimap they are easier to read. add some for hollow and comm station and you will have some very happy clans.

Better than that Roco, as Maineac posted earlier in this thread, take all the deathcam overview maps, you know the FULL SCREEN ones? Make those grid maps and add a hot map key for quick glances while alive and in game. Can't beat that idea IMO :thumbsup:

EDIT***Of course I am not saying have the maps function as live overview maps showing everyone in action, just use the map itself.

I think we hit on the maps issue in another thread. I'm of the opinion, similar to what is stated above, that the Tactical Map from SP wold work just fine here. Bind it to another unused key (default M perhaps?) and have it display the blank overhead with friendly positions marked ONLY by the blue diamonds and corresponding numbers. Perhaps a squad letter too, like if I'm the #8 player on my side's list and am in B Squad, then a "B8" would appear under the diamond on the map that corresponds to my position. Y'know?

I'd hope to see this later down the line, as SADS and some COOP improvements are the next (and most logical) priority. Say October/November? PLEASE?!?!?!

:g_withgrin:

Better than that Roco, as Maineac posted earlier in this thread, take all the deathcam overview maps, you know the FULL SCREEN ones? Make those grid maps and add a hot map key for quick glances while alive and in game. Can't beat that idea IMO :thumbsup:

EDIT***Of course I am not saying have the maps function as live overview maps showing everyone in action, just use the map itself.

As Rabbi said... the tactical maps are much more detailed... just don't show the enemies... although showing the tracers and explosions would be ok as you could report last known positions. The only problem with this though is that you also need the minimap or you will be caught dead with full screen tac maps when checking the map. The grids have to be big also so you can quickly give a coordinant. I only suggeste the dom zones because it's quick and easy to get implimented.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

I kinda agree on the DOM zones, but some of them WERE confusing. I'm feeling that a REAL grid overlay would be cool in the long run. Question is, how would it be implemented in COOP with the rolling map? Would it be any different?

I agree with my ATU teammates. The only thing I have to add is for the kit restrictions. I think you could do something like in Day Of Defeat. They limit the number of kits that can be used. For example 1 sniper per team, maybe 2 lanuchers per team, 1 saw per team. It seems to make it more tactical.

Also can we get a pistol in .45 ? :)

LOL.. I'm pluggin' for Springfield right now, as I just bought an XD45...

Not to go too far OT...

How about things like tactical lights, IR aiming lights, or maybe even a scope/sight option for the MK 48 (which visibly HAS the requisite rail for mounting a sight)? I KNOW the TscLite option is in there, as they're attached to enemy G36's on the Mayday!Mayday! mission...