Post 1.21 game enhancements

Now that 1.21 is a reality, we at ATU have come up with a few suggestions we think would enhance the GR/AW experience and improve the gameplay. They are as follows;

1. Random spawns for practice purposes and to reduce spawn-killing.

2. A set of grid-maps. This game takes place in the future, and where gps capability already exists in the hud, gridmaps would enhance the ability to monitor and direct your forces to emerging contact points.

3. The ability to see who is "X'd" up when starting a game, which will be important for matchplay.

4. The ability to identify individual squads and their members by color on the mini-map for enhanced command and control.

Submitted by the members of Team-ATU :g_withgrin:

Now that 1.21 is a reality, we at ATU have come up with a few suggestions we think would enhance the GR/AW experience and improve the gameplay. They are as follows;

2. A set of grid-maps. This game takes place in the future, and where gps capability already exists in the hud, gridmaps would enhance the ability to monitor and direct your forces to emerging contact points.

3. The ability to see who is "X'd" up when starting a game, which will be important for matchplay.

4. The ability to identify individual squads and their members by color on the mini-map for enhanced command and control.

:grin1: The same suggestions submitted by the members of Cougar Special Force :g_withgrin:

For sure, I really hope we get this in the next patch, very important.

Sitting in the lobby not knowing who is holding the game up is frustrating, and not being able to identify who is where on the map is restrictive and confusing. These minor additions would make a huge difference IMO.

:grin1: The same suggestions submitted by the members of Cougar Special Force :g_withgrin:

Please accept my appologies as I was unware of your post..no plagiarism intended friend! :wall:

I would like to state for the record then that ATU is in agreement with the suggestions of the Cougar Special Forces and commend them for some great ideas, and would request that the admins move this series of posts to the proper thread. Again CSF Manti, my apologies to you and your team. ATU Maineac Edited by Maineac

Kit Restrictions.

Agreed.

I kinda posed this question in another thread, but first let me jump on this bandwagon, and the list of request made by the two teams. I agree with everything you said, and hope these are taken seriously.

Since we are able to make our own loadouts via XML editing, would it be possible to make our own kit restrictions?

Basically the only thing people want restricted are the nades and nade launchers. So would it be possible to make kits, with only one gun having the launcher attached, and maybe 2 other guns offereing nades. Turn the tac points on, but make the nade launcher and the hand nades an ungodly amount of tac points, so the only way for people to get them is to choose the weapons they come with for free in the ready made kits.

So for example, the Scar-H would be the only machine gun available with a nade launcher. The reason I picked this gun, as it really is the only gun to be affected by the weight of one. So the player would have to choose if he wants a nade launcher or the abilty to pull his sights up faster.

Im not even sure if this is possible, but if it is, would it be worth doing?

For #3 for now set your server to only require 1 or 2 from each side. Game will not be held up then. our server is set to 1 from each side to start.

The rest I agree on and #4 is something I hadn't thought of but a good idea. To add to it since names is up all the time, make there diamond change to the squad color also so you can identify them by looking at them.

Well said, I agree 100%. Oh ya, I'm in ATU :D

Maineac, CSF Manti was not saying that his team already suggested those things, he was saying that his team is suggesting the same things you posted, without him having to write them also. :harhar:

I too would like to see kit restricions .. Most GR1 server I played in near the end where mostly limited to gunnery ..

I would also like to see a key binded to show the current match information when in a match .. Primarly, which team is leading at that point in time.

You have to die first to see how many more points or more enemies you need to kill... I for one do not plan to die often enough..

So a quick toggle to see the current score would be great.. if this is already avail.. let me know how please ..

Thanks

I too would like to see kit restricions .. Most GR1 server I played in near the end where mostly limited to gunnery ..

Me too. ;)

I would also like to see a key binded to show the current match information when in a match .. Primarly, which team is leading at that point in time.

You have to die first to see how many more points or more enemies you need to kill... I for one do not plan to die often enough..

So a quick toggle to see the current score would be great.. if this is already avail.. let me know how please ..

Thanks

This should be default "tab" key, but did you have anything else in mind? Curses, beaten to it by Cutter. Ah well. :grin2:

Me too. ;)

Thanks

This should be default "tab" key, but did you have anything else in mind? Curses, beaten to it by Cutter. Ah well. :grin2:

I think what he means is ... currently (Unless i'm missing something) when you tab out you have to count all the peeps to see who is left instead of a US 5 out 6 guys left MEX 6 out of 6.

Also... what is the exact winning situation in TDM. Most lives left (for servers with spawns)? Score (points for killing) Most players left? If TIE does it go by score I would like to add the official scoring to our MOTD

For the purposes of matching, knowing which team has more kills by checking the game score is a bad idea. It gives a Team that is winning a chance to 'camp' on a lead and pick of anyone who tries to come at them. Happened all too often in [GR], to the point where some teams would set out to get one kill and then camp for the rest of the 20 minute match.

I believe not knowing the score means that a Team will have to communicate to eachother more effectively as to how many kills they have taken, and if respawns are being used, how many times their team members have died.

It will make teams less campy, and encourage them to fight more to be assured of victory.

Lighty out.

Agreed!! Also maybe their name too with number 4.

Edited by Traider

Agreed!! Also maybe their name too with number 4.

The only problem with the name is the triangles on the minimap are very small, to small for a name to be shown. Just changing the color for each squad would be a tremendous improvement on the minimap and I suspect the easiest. Alpha=Red, Bravo=Yellow, Charlie=Blue etc........etc.......

One feature modification I think would be a real asset would be to convert the overview map to a grided tactical map with an assignable hotkey. Remove all little people and tracer lines and the like. Now you have the mini-map in the hud at all times, and an instant tactical map with grids for command and control and team reference at the touch of a key. The good thing about the size of this map, it gives the team the ability to be displayed by squad, Squad A-red....squad B-Blue with each squad member identified by the same color ARROW icon on the map. and even by name because of the size of the map. It would also not be out of the realm of the game with the futuristic application of gps already incorporated. I think the strongest argument for this change is that it takes a feature that has no real effect on the game, and turns it into a powerful tool, and an invaluable tool for true tactical match type play with no respawns. Once you are dead you still have the deathcams. ATU Maineac

I think the map would be fine if there was a TACTICAL MAP identical to what we have in SP. Add the blue diamonds to friendlies with roster #'s (# as it appears when you hit TAB and alook immediately to the right of your name) and you're all set. MINImap gets you a quick glance at the position of your team. TACmap gets you much more detailed aerial. Too easy...

I think the map would be fine if there was a TACTICAL MAP identical to what we have in SP. Add the blue diamonds to friendlies with roster #'s (# as it appears when you hit TAB and alook immediately to the right of your name) and you're all set. MINImap gets you a quick glance at the position of your team. TACmap gets you much more detailed aerial. Too easy...

I think I understand what you are saying Rabbi, but it wouldn't solve the problem we are speaking of. With the way we match, different squads have different functions and not knowing where other squads are on the map makes it less tactical, although the other squads have different functions we still work as one unit. Having them numbered would not solve the problem we are speaking of, having the squads show up on the map as different color icons however, would.

I like the additional thinking on the matter Maineac, very good idea. :thumbsup:

Problem being, at present we don't really have an otion to break things down like that (the old A, B, C from [GR]). In the future, that'd be quite cool to implement. I agree. But this will require new thinking on the part of the dev's, probably from the ground-up with applicable MP gametypes. Right now, the game thinks of things only in terms of US and MEX teams. To break down into separate Fire Teams within each Platoon would require the game to be able to think in those terms. MIGHT be a bit more difficult than we expect.

But there MIGHT be hope, too. Supposedly the August patch will include COOP fixes allowing more than 4 players per team. Here's hoping the GRiN guys have yet another trick up their collective sleeve and have already worked to implement Fire Team breakdowns. Otherwise we'll have to keep begging for such in a later patch. But yeah, for TDM, HH, DOM and COOP I'd like to see that, as well perhaps (to a lesser extent) in SP (so one could send TWO guys together one way, and another a different way, so as to facilitate the 'flanking' maneuvers mentioned in the hints).

Good idea folks...

quote: so one could send TWO guys together one way, and another a different way, so as to facilitate the 'flanking' maneuvers mentioned

Doesn't Brother's in Arm's play like this? Been a long time since I've played that game, not sure I'm remembering correctly...

Edited by Stormin

Problem being, at present we don't really have an otion to break things down like that (the old A, B, C from [GR]). In the future, that'd be quite cool to implement. I agree. But this will require new thinking on the part of the dev's, probably from the ground-up with applicable MP gametypes. Right now, the game thinks of things only in terms of US and MEX teams. To break down into separate Fire Teams within each Platoon would require the game to be able to think in those terms. MIGHT be a bit more difficult than we expect.

But there MIGHT be hope, too. Supposedly the August patch will include COOP fixes allowing more than 4 players per team. Here's hoping the GRiN guys have yet another trick up their collective sleeve and have already worked to implement Fire Team breakdowns. Otherwise we'll have to keep begging for such in a later patch. But yeah, for TDM, HH, DOM and COOP I'd like to see that, as well perhaps (to a lesser extent) in SP (so one could send TWO guys together one way, and another a different way, so as to facilitate the 'flanking' maneuvers mentioned in the hints).

Good idea folks...

Just so everyone knows, I personally am speaking of multiplayer team vs team modes. Right now we can get into seperate squads pre team which does break it down into seperate fire teams. The problem is though we can only see who is in our own squad. Not sure how hard it would be but if they could just make it so members of each sqaud are a different color on the map would be great !! Maybe in the future they will implement it. It would be nice, but I'm sure it's not on mosts top priority.

Hey Guys,

What I was referring to was, in [GR] (and I know this is not [GR]) I could hit my Tab key and without leaving the current screen, in match action, it would bring up a little window overlay that showed the current state of the game. Who was winning, how many lives left etc...

The tab funtion for me actually brings me in to the lobby... not good when you might be the last guy against three or four others? So would that answer be no then?

Edited by IrishStout