Setting up your Servers will make or Break online for G.R.A.W

Ok lets start off by saying i'm new to Tom Clancy games, ive come from CoD series, MoH series, SWAT 4. This is how I see it as a noob to this game.

I love the Singleplayer game. The MP leaves something to be desired and as I see it will not survive long without some major changes.

1. This game will be forgotten if you dont dumb down and lighten up on the server settings. 2 deaths then game over is not fun. But you will say, we like it like this...well most people dont and this community has already lost alot of its veteran players.

2. There is a reason CoD2 has thousands of servers busy 24/7 because its fun! This game is not a SIM, if I want reality id go back over to IRAQ.

3. Server owners take control of your server settings and lengthen spawn protection and max deaths...no one will sit and wait for 6-10 minutes after being spawn raped for the next round. Kids and noobs are essential to making an online game popular and busy 24/7.

4. GRIN ... I totally want to congratulate you on making a ground breaking game...I havent been this addicted to a game since CoD first came out, and I havent had strong feelings about a game like this since either. Larger maps, urban,jungle,woodland etc.. and SPAWN POINTS are key to making a game that is popular and will survive online in MP

I have stated that this game has raised the bar on FPS, keep tweeking it and please people...for the sake of this game lighten up on the server SIM like settings, this isnt real life its a game, have fun.

:g_withgrin:

This game isn't a sim? The hell?

And CoD2, while fun for awhile, got boring very fast because of it's arcadic play.

My two bitches about "Bad server settings" are:

1) Limited deaths. I'd rather play the game, than sit and watch everyone else play because I either a) made alot of mistakes or b) joined late and someone else had already hit max deaths. While I agree that B should remain in effect, it doesn't make the game fun for me - the guy just wanting to get in and play a pub for half an hour before work, or during my lunchour. I do, however, belive in limited deaths for match play and other compedative forms of play.

2) Point System (spawning with pistols). I'd like to atleast spawn with the M8 Compact. ATLEAST.

Quality over quantity, my friend. I'd much rather have fewer servers that run limited spawns (among other things) than thousands of servers I will never play on because they have unlimited spawns and the like.

Well you will have your wish then because there are only a dozen servers at the most with people on them..lol

This games MP is dead...

Quality over quantity, my friend. I'd much rather have fewer servers that run limited spawns (among other things) than thousands of servers I will never play on because they have unlimited spawns and the like.

Well you will have your wish then because there are only a dozen servers at the most with people on them..lol

This games MP is dead...

That's a rather childish response. The game is 'dead' if people disagree with you?

Unlimited spawns are for arcade games, not tactical shooters. The ONLY tac shooter that I've ever see use spawns in an effective manner is Red Orchestra and that's because the game mechanics are designed around it. This one is not.

This games MP is dead...

And I wouldn't have it any other way. One piece of red licorice or 100 pieces of black licorice. I like red. As long as there is a server up, and even only a handful of people in them, I'll be there. Besides, people have been saying that the MP for this game is dead since release. Here we are, 3 months later, and still plenty to go around. This didn't flop nearly has hard as Rainbow Six Lockdown. Try finding a server for THAT.

This games MP is dead...

That's a rather childish response. The game is 'dead' if people disagree with you?

Unlimited spawns are for arcade games, not tactical shooters. The ONLY tac shooter that I've ever see use spawns in an effective manner is Red Orchestra and that's because the game mechanics are designed around it. This one is not.

You can call me whatever names you like, in a month if people dont start easing up on the max deaths and spawns this game will have fewer players on it that it already does. If you dont mind having half a dozen or so servers with 5-15 people on them to choose from, more power to you. Dont preach to me about this game, its new and so is everyone playing it. If peoples thinking about this game doesnt change, it will be a coffee coaster to many "it already is". This is not [GR] ....

Go online right now and look at the pityfull ammount of servers with people on them. Its a shame because this game is good, it deserves better. People like you have killed this game and the Ghost Recon games all together because you wont change your way of thinking. Grin didnt make this game like [GR] because its a step in a different direction. Grin sees that a game unless dumbed down to a certain extent will not survive for very long.

Again GRAW mp if not dead is on its death bed unless people start changing the way they think and live in the past about this game.

You talk about arcade type games like GRAW isnt one?! Oh its not arcade style of play ...thats why most of the veterans of this community are gone. lol Just because you may have played [GR] ...dont be a snob to new ideas. Stop trying to make this game into [GR] because it isnt even close or else this community wouldnt have lost sooo many veteran players of this series and also why this community isnt attracting anymore newblood.

Grin/Ubi make games to sell games not because of a small community that wants to live in the past and have another [GR] to play with better graphics.

This community could attract some new blood "which it needs" if you hardcore so called "SIM TACTICAL" players would lighten up abit.

Ignorance seems to be the theme of the day here.

Everyone knows why the game isn't doing well in MP and it has NOTHING to do with how many respawns are set on a server. That's just you trying to push your rhetoric and claiming that the situation is as it is because one aspect isn't the way you like it.

The REASON the game isn't doing well is plain as day to anyone that has played a decent amount of team-based fps games. No dedicated servers, no server controls, not enough maps or variety in maps.

And yes, I speak of arcade games like GRAW isn't one because it isn't. It only plays that way when you turn on unlimited spawns so ADD ridden youths like yourself don't have to wait a whole 3 minutes after you die. As you said, the game is new, but the people playing it ARE NOT, despite your claims. We've been around, we've played countless tactical fps games and I've personally seen far too many ruined by people demanding unlimited respawns or respawns at all on servers. You want an unlimited spawn server, go set one up yourself or play on the ones that are available. Do not presume to tell ME how to play this game.

The funniest thing about this complete and utter BS filled argument you're touting is that you're claiming that respawns are the "new thing". Respawning gameplay is as old as it gets dating back to doom and quake multiplayer, non-respawn play came after. More to the point, the most popular online FPS of all time has no respawns and I don't see Counter-strike on it's death bed... last I checked it's STILL number 1 on the lists. Your argument is bunk and nothing more. Just you trying to impose your wishes on the community by making up consequences for not obeying your edict.

We will play the game in whatever fashion we see fit. You can play it however you like. Leave it at that. You want to tell me how I should be playing? Stuff it.

...The REASON the game isn't doing well is plain as day to anyone that has played a decent amount of team-based fps games. No dedicated servers, no server controls, not enough maps or variety in maps...

wurd.......

We are setting the BDa servers to 1 respawn 10 minute rounds in TDM, 7 min 1 round HH.

apparently since the patch GRIN removed some things from the editor it pierced alot of objects and all the maps the guys did will have to be redone, this sucks.

Hey Ted, you and people like you killed this game so be proud of yourself. Use all the big flowery words you want...fact is G.R.A.W MP is a lost cause and you can stick it in your mouth or your bum because the same stuff comes out of both of em.

Have fun with your dead community.

After playing more GRAW yesterday on TDM than I have since the game came out I can says one thing. In the 9 hours I played yesterday in about 6 differant servers the only servers I seen that were empty were the ones with unlimited respawns.

5 more maps like the ones that came with this patch and some SA server files and this game will be hudely popular with the Calns for matching.....and that were the majority of public servers come from.

Everyone knows why the game isn't doing well in MP and it has NOTHING to do with how many respawns are set on a server. That's just you trying to push your rhetoric and claiming that the situation is as it is because one aspect isn't the way you like it.

The REASON the game isn't doing well is plain as day to anyone that has played a decent amount of team-based fps games. No dedicated servers, no server controls, not enough maps or variety in maps.

And yes, I speak of arcade games like GRAW isn't one because it isn't. It only plays that way when you turn on unlimited spawns so ADD ridden youths like yourself don't have to wait a whole 3 minutes after you die. As you said, the game is new, but the people playing it ARE NOT, despite your claims. We've been around, we've played countless tactical fps games and I've personally seen far too many ruined by people demanding unlimited respawns or respawns at all on servers. You want an unlimited spawn server, go set one up yourself or play on the ones that are available. Do not presume to tell ME how to play this game.

The funniest thing about this complete and utter BS filled argument you're touting is that you're claiming that respawns are the "new thing". Respawning gameplay is as old as it gets dating back to doom and quake multiplayer, non-respawn play came after. More to the point, the most popular online FPS of all time has no respawns and I don't see Counter-strike on it's death bed... last I checked it's STILL number 1 on the lists. Your argument is bunk and nothing more. Just you trying to impose your wishes on the community by making up consequences for not obeying your edict.

We will play the game in whatever fashion we see fit. You can play it however you like. Leave it at that. You want to tell me how I should be playing? Stuff it.

You beat me to it, I was going to say the EXACT SAME THING.......

Well worded.

:whistle:

Also....In limited death servers what do people do when they are waiting for the next round? The majority chat, they get to know each other, trade info.

This type of conversing helps build the community, you get a sense of friendship going.

This is something I didnt even realized I missed playing games like BF2 and CoD 2. Sitting back having a drink, smoke, snack etc. and chatting with players is a great part of a COMMUNITY.

It can get anoying if round times are too long, but most servers dont run longer than 10 mins with no respawns. If you are waiting 9 mins for a ten minute round to end you probably need to re think your tactics.

Edited by *RWG*Jackal

they should make an arcade mode for people like you. [GR] had one.

After playing more GRAW yesterday on TDM than I have since the game came out I can says one thing. In the 9 hours I played yesterday in about 6 differant servers the only servers I seen that were empty were the ones with unlimited respawns.

5 more maps like the ones that came with this patch and some SA server files and this game will be hudely popular with the Calns for matching.....and that were the majority of public servers come from.

You beat me to it, I was going to say the EXACT SAME THING.......

Well worded.

:whistle:

Agreed certain types of player will get left out in the cold.

Server settings are there to get rid of the idiots, and it works thank God.