priorities for the next MP patch...

this part we all agree on, i think... the number one priority for the next patch is, hands down, the stand alone server package. with that out of the way, let's try to focus on what we need next. you can reply with just numbers, ordered how you see fit. here's my list, where 1. is the top priority...

1. there has got to be a way for admins to run their server, so remote admin tools/console commands/in-game server setup should be taking this cake. whichever way is easiest for GRIN to give the control we need, including a kick/ban feature, plus weapon restrictions! imo, this bag of goodies should bring the game to that matching level, finally.

2. more maps. the 2 new ones are sweet, more of the same please!

3. more weapons! like adapting the ZEUS to work in adversarial? a couple more rifles pretty please?

and last, but not least, iron out the bugs. first thing i noticed in 1.21 was that the Scar L capacity count reads 60 in the inventory. next, the Invalid CD-Key error still kicks people out. i'm sure there are more i don't know about. keep pleasing us GRIN!

:g_withgrin:

Widescreen issues

Dedicated server files

Need ability to shoot while typing

If you die while typing, and you respawn....you can keep typing but the keys also trigger inventory and movement.

If your playing domination and you're not in a zone, you get 3-3-3...

Once you pull the pin on a gernade, it has to explode. Even if you die, it should blow up on your body.

No, you got your priorities wrong.

There are tons of maps being put out each week, why do you want the next patch wasted on that? As far as more weapons, lets let the modders do that.

What we need is a completed game. The majority of the fixes in the patches so far have been for adversarial game types. COOP deserves its due.

My choices for the August Patch.

1. Dedicated server / Tools.

2. Real COOP mode, I.E., more player slots / squads. Remove team leader dies game over, remove the leaving mission area you die nonsense.

My 52 cents.

what good are the custom maps, if nobody plays them? what good are the weapon mods, if no server uses them? not too many people play this game to begin with, so expecting mods to take off is a bit naive right now, even really good mods...

You missed #1 on the list.

1. Dedicated Server / Tools

Give us that, everything else will fall into place.

However, I did leave out scripting / mission editing tools. So, the list should read like this.

2. Real COOP mode, I.E., more player slots / squads. Remove team leader dies game over, remove the leaving mission area you die nonsense.

3. Mission Editor / Scripting tools.

Another 52 cents makes it a buck .04 even.

You missed #1 on the list.

1. Dedicated Server / Tools

Give us that, everything else will fall into place.

However, I did leave out scripting / mission editing tools. So, the list should read like this.

3. Mission Editor / Scripting tools.

Another 52 cents makes it a buck .04 even.

i didn't miss #1. it sits on top of the list in my version. read the OP again.

i understand your impatience for expressing your co-op/SP concerns, and i hope they're considered by the devs, but i was trying to concentrate this topic on the adversarial MP aspect of the game, as was said in the thread subtitle.

about the frags not blowing up, you're 100% right, Bota X. i wonder if anything has been done to GL explosions, cause sometimes they don't kill after someone shot you. maybe it's a lag problem, i don't know...