can't believe it... you all fell for it.

first off, thanks to GRIN for the great patch. it does what it's supposed to, apart from a few bugs left to clean out.

now, what happened to you people! haven't most of you played GR at some point? here's why i ask...

the new server info button is quite handy, if you're looking for the right type of game. so this afternoon, i log into the browser and notice lots and lots of people playing, more than ever. the new game modes seem popular enough, so i started checking the server settings for where the people liked to play... guess what! max deaths = 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0... except for one German server with 8 people in it playing with 5 spawns. i know it's only the first few hours after the patch release, but you'd think we've seen enough insanity with unlimited death Domination... no, apparently it wasn't enough. instead of sprinting between zones, we now have spawn-kill or be spawn-killed in the new gametypes.

you know, i can hardly remember any of the [GR] clans setting up their servers like that. unlimited respawns were reserved for occasions when two small teams decide to scrimmage full scale, or for Solo play. never would you see a 32 people server with deaths uncapped. 90% of the time it was 3 or 4 respawn in a public server per 10 minute game.

in GR:AW is like everyone reverted back to being 12 years old. ubi official server admins might not know any better, plus creating a server leaves the death limit at 0 by default, so it's understandable... but what about all you private admins??? you know who you are, let's go! shut down these mental insitutions you got going on and let us play some classic gg's!

i got this patch freaking yesterday and been waiting to play some quality games. i already own BF2, i don't want another one! these new games got you people sick, straight up!

it's up to all of you...

foil.jpg

You can tell AttackforceZ is an old GR clan. 3 spawns, 10 min games and death cam on members. ;)

haven't seen the server, or maybe it was empty? i'll definitely look for it in a few minutes, but anyway, you noticed you were the only one set up like that, right?

Check again man Ghost Squad TDM server is now set to 5 respawn 10 min rounds..

As for the HH server not sure how people wanna play it yet so they will accordingly...

thanks, Cheesio, i guess i know where i'll be playing the next few days...

My feelings are, [GR] this is not. Set up your servers to be like that old game and it will help bring about the death of GRAW online.

I am not saying get rid of the tactics..or change it to run and gun totally but people just want to get online and kill others and have fun, without being punished for dying 5 times and not having a respawn.

Nowadays no one wants to get owned and have to sit and wait for the next game to start...not many people will stick around for that.

I perfer unlimited respawns because it helps my stats. When the enemy dies 10 times per game each I know I did my job =)

I agree with this, but only because I dislike sitting and waiting to play a game in a pub. Personally I feel that limited deaths is more of a match-based thing.

My feelings are, [GR] this is not. Set up your servers to be like that old game and it will help bring about the death of GRAW online.

I am not saying get rid of the tactics..or change it to run and gun totally but people just want to get online and kill others and have fun, without being punished for dying 5 times and not having a respawn.

Nowadays no one wants to get owned and have to sit and wait for the next game to start...not many people will stick around for that.

call me a dead horse beater as many times as you want, i know [GR] was just like the current GRAW, if the respawns were unlimited. it's boring! 60 kills in 15 minutes makes it forgettable. you play like this for a few hours and it gets completely pointless. that's what kills games.

GRAW can be played like [GR], and it will be, eventually. just the hardware for being able to play the game leaves a lot of high school kids out of the picture, so it's not hard to realize what kind of gameplay applies here...

now that we've got the death cam, waiting won't be a big deal, i don't think. it will encourage tactical play if anything. 5 minute no respawn games is the ideal format. it worked FINE in GR, it worked FINE in RvS, though most servers used 3 and 4 minute round limits because of the nature of the maps... one thing i relly blame the devs for, is leaving the default max deaths value at 0 in the server setup. of course, for the Domination gametype it couldn't have been any other way. maybe GRIN could change that in the next patch as well?

There has been alot of turn over due to graw. Alot of the long time members of the forum have left or arent playing graw( there are some still but fewer then were playing gr1) while alot of new people joined during the graw pr/demo period ie spring 06 so this may also account for the difference in servers in some way as since graw is not gr1 there has been some turnover in the community and many of the former and current gr1 players arent playing or hosting graw thus the new people have different playing styles. not saying its a fact just a thought.

It has to be alive before you can kill it. If this patch has no server tools it is dead already.

Edited by SCE_KanucK

Nowadays no one wants to get owned and have to sit and wait for the next game to start...

I do. I simply refuse to play on TDM/Dom servers running with any amount of respawns. One of the reasons no one ever sees me play, since there are no servers running the game properly. People with no patience shouldn't waste their time (or mine) playing tactical games.

Nowadays no one wants to get owned and have to sit and wait for the next game to start...

I do. I simply refuse to play on TDM/Dom servers running with any amount of respawns. One of the reasons no one ever sees me play, since there are no servers running the game properly. People with no patience shouldn't waste their time (or mine) playing tactical games.

Hey Ted. Ubisoft Chicago is runnig no respawns TDM, just had some really good games there with some ATU guys. Kinda baffling that the only server running that setting is Ubi. The only down fall is limited Tac points, so its not weapons free. 500 tac Points to start, but it is no respawn.

Hey Ted. Ubisoft Chicago is runnig no respawns TDM, just had some really good games there with some ATU guys. Kinda baffling that the only server running that setting is Ubi. The only down fall is limited Tac points, so its not weapons free. 500 tac Points to start, but it is no respawn.

*boggles* Tac points ON for a no-respawn server? How utterly bizarre. Oh well, 500 points will at least get you pretty much any primary except sniper and LMG, right? Worth checking out. Thanks for the tip.

Check again man Ghost Squad TDM server is now set to 5 respawn 10 min rounds..

As for the HH server not sure how people wanna play it yet so they will accordingly...

Played several games on there this evening. Loved it!