Ghost Recon:AW 1.21 patch FeedBack

I just played for about an hour (then my 4mo old woke up..) but I had some fun.

Other than the widescreen issue, the ONLY problem I have with the game is the way people play it. Examples:

TDM: Would be alot better if people would quit piddling with their peepee's in their precious little camps spots.

HH: Would be alot better if people wouldn't sit there and spawn rape the whole time - not bothering to "cap" the zone.

General: Grenade launcher could use some nerfing - When a server has 9/10 kills being grenades... (launchers) ....

I still love DOM, I should add. And when I did get to the hill when I wasn't being spawn raped, some of the best playing I've ever seen ensewed.

Good stuff. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix my widescreen monitor.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Join AttackforceZ [1.21 TDM] 10 minute games, member death cam on, and only 3 spawns!

Yes this server is using the server properly I visited last night had some good games.

Some of you are moaning about the maps size I think they are fine as long as the servers are correctly configured.

And we have the tools for this game type more maps will come.

I spent about six hours on various servers last night some are a knightmare but others are fine.

Its a great add on and the patch element has fixed many small issues.

Now we will look forward to the coop add on, ;)

Edited by Colin

The patch is definately a step in the right direction but without proper AC and the server files, it isn't going to attract the multiplayers waiting for the multiplayer aspect of the game to be "complete."

I had a small blast on it last night but really, i'm too busy enjoying the xbox 360 version which pretty much has a far far far better multiplayer game.

I played for over 3 hours last night, which is the longest duration I have ever played this game in one sitting. Find the right server, and Team Deathmatch is a blast - it went a long way in creating the tension and gameplay of [GR]. Get into AFZ's server - 10 minutes, 3 respawns, good players, and the donkeys running full speed around the map get their ass kicked in about 17 seconds. Much more tactical, which is superb.

I was also a big fan of the two new maps. Great Job GRIN, my request list just got a lot shorter, which now includes:

Key to bring up full-size version of Map, complete with Grid Lines (like in [GR]).

Dedicated/Stand Alone server files with in-game server admin access (like on [GR]).

Went on today for a bit, it was a lot of fun.

The only criticism I have is the excessive use of nades, it just ruines the game with those cheap kills.

If servers can enforce a no nade policy, I believe the quality and fun factor of the game will increase tenfold.

Edited by Metal_Jacket

It is just a matter of finding a good server that has 0-3 respawns.

BDA is running TDM right now with 1 respawn. I'm lobbying with other admins to get that number dropped to 0, but we'll see how it goes. :-) Anyway, ATU guys are always a pleasure to have on the server, so stop by. (They may switch it up and run HH or Dom sometimes, but I'm lobbying against that too hehe. Just stop by.)

Has anyone else on the HH map noticed people "dropping-in" as they spawn at their spawn point? I did, and while the spawn point is exposed, from many positions you wouldn't be able to tell there were people spawning in if it wasn't for seeing them floating in the air and dropping in. Then "Lo, the holy hand-grenades" fly in and bamn!

Is there no way this dropping in can be coded out the game, cause it looks bad and announces spawns being highly visible

Not the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!

"The number of the counting shall be three..."

Haven't noticed that little glitch. Thgough I'm sure within four seconds of playing your first round on a certain map you know where every spawn point is, it's still a legitimate concern as the exact moment at which a player spawns in would be REALLY good timing for the grenade to go airborne in his/her direction. Timing is everything...

Did a little SP run (more like until I got waxed) and noted some stuff:

Mission was NORAD on the line, Normal difficulty:

- With Vth F Smith's mod, AI seems... actually better. Instead of cursing so much I was like "wow okay, maybe they got some training finally" Also I think hopping around a corner, you almost getting blown away, and your sniper popping him makes things more tolerable :)

- AI teammates actually generally scan the assigned sector assigned when given their move waypoint.

- Can blow up a Panhard with a GL grenade. Honestly I've never landed one inside, but if it's an actual improvement, not sure, it beckons more testing.

- AI .50 gunners are not so observant. I managed to setup a "Hey shoot me" attack with Allen carrying a Barret, I was going to play chicken and Allen was the shooter (DeGamer's tactic). I went forward to the .50 gunner's right, he didn't do nothing, so I figure he maybe didn't "see" me so I popped back out. Nope, he's looking forward, so I popped him and moved on.

- Shell shock seemed to not happen as quickly as it normally does. So again we'll have to see, or else they collect their calm easier maybe.

- Enemy AI seems a little dumber, as it takes a little bit (unless they "see" you) for them to fire, and in a sense friendly AI too.

Overall it actually felt different with 1.21, so I gotta run some more things with other missions to get an overall opinion, as of course one mission isn't a true benchmark of all the "improved" capabilities.

Other things noted was more "hiccups" at about almost through until it seemed to settle down, maybe just a memory loading issue on my laptop's part, as I've noted people are getting better framerates. Overall though framerates seem the same, so I don't note any complaints so far, as I'm pretty much used to it.

Edited by EricJ

I think the whole nade issue could be solved either by Grin patching it so that there are more consequences to firing one or just make it harder to aim.

But servers also could limit tactical points therefore thinning out the field of nade spammers. Also limited tac points make the game more fun since then everyone isn't using a heavy machine gun or a grenade launcher.

Edited by Kakanater

Definitely agree to at least have the ability to limit the number of grenades would be great.

I'm for kit restriction in this sense.

If there were armories that people could reload in also? I think all you have to do is go to the 'inventory' screen and load yourself out differently, but you don't get it until you die.

I definitely agree that you should be able to kit restrict the amount of ammo that someone can get.

Is it just me or is the game running a little smoother than it was pre patch. A good friend and myself played several rounds of coop and for the first time ever the server didnt crash and I didnt get dropped one time. I also love the skip insertion video!!! way to go Grin!!

I got on for a fast HH on AFZs server and it was a good time except my sound card was not working so I had to bail out after a few to fix it. Overall I think was a great patch and I hope the coop patch is just as good.

Here is a question. Maybe one of the Pro XML guys can answer this.

Ive read that we have the ability to set up our own custom loadouts for weapons. Im sure youve all seen them at the bottom of the screen, pick a loadout and it gives you everything you need to fill such job description.

My question is this, If a server was to make custom loadouts, could they make them free to purchase, and then make it to where if you build your weapons from scratch they would cost way more tac points then humanly possible to gain during a match? The only other thing that would be free, would be the accesseries (Aim Point, Extra Mags, Silencer .........)

ie: Sniper Kit. ( Sniper Rifle, Side arm )

XM8 Kit (XM8, Pistol, 3 Nades)

Scar-H (Scar-H,Nade Launcher)

I hope you get what I mean. After picking the kit you like, upgrade the accesseries, and go fight. That way if you want a nade launcher, your forced to go with the Scar -H which we all know when equiped with one slows down your zoom time, and would be a decision the player has to make. So the player get what he wants, but will have to deal with the negatives that come with it.

Anyway, just a thought, ready for flames anytime. :)

Im happy with the patch. Needs alittle tweaking here and there but still very cool. This will definitly hold me over till the next patch.

So does anyone know? Is there gonna be just one more big patch or a couple? Im not including any small quick fix patches in that question.

Definitely agree to at least have the ability to limit the number of grenades would be great.

I'm for kit restriction in this sense.

If there were armories that people could reload in also? I think all you have to do is go to the 'inventory' screen and load yourself out differently, but you don't get it until you die.

I definitely agree that you should be able to kit restrict the amount of ammo that someone can get.

In TDM is is limited. You could carry at the most 6 GL's per life and can't resupply unless killed. If the server limits the lives, like ours that thins out fast. They also can't stack hand nades and extra ammo.

Play on a limited spawn server and the nade spam is minimal as most saw last night on our server.

Is it just me or is the game running a little smoother than it was pre patch. A good friend and myself played several rounds of coop and for the first time ever the server didnt crash and I didnt get dropped one time. I also love the skip insertion video!!! way to go Grin!!

I got on for a fast HH on AFZs server and it was a good time except my sound card was not working so I had to bail out after a few to fix it. Overall I think was a great patch and I hope the coop patch is just as good.

Performance is up! I can turn shadows and post effects to the max now and no effect on FPS!

Yeah we all had a blast last night.

Latest patch doesn't seem to of fixed the major problem for me. The aspect ratio still changes all on it's own in multiplayer !! Come on Grin i cant see this as a hard fix :wall:

Well it was. Will be fixed in the next patch, afraid we didn't get it in this one. >_<

Although a step in the right direction, where exactly does this latest patch get us?

3 months after initial release and 4 patches later, we’re still looking at a sub-standard multiplayer game with many shortfalls to what can be considered ‘the norm’.

It seems to me that GRIN has never even researched, let alone gleamed any wisdom from, other existing online games; instead they’ve simply decided to re-invent the online game experience themselves from first principals. So then - is it any wonder that all of this criticism is fired at them?

In the current climate, people should not have to be begging for anti-cheats, dedicated server files, kit restrictions or whatever, if only because these features have been a part of MP gaming for a while now.

To my mind it shows a naivety by GRIN that has so far been kindly tolerated.

Until now; I for one am running low on patience…

Although a step in the right direction, where exactly does this latest patch get us?

3 months after initial release and 4 patches later, we’re still looking at a sub-standard multiplayer game with many shortfalls to what can be considered ‘the norm’.

It seems to me that GRIN has never even researched, let alone gleamed any wisdom from, other existing online games; instead they’ve simply decided to re-invent the online game experience themselves from first principals. So then - is it any wonder that all of this criticism is fired at them?

In the current climate, people should not have to be begging for anti-cheats, dedicated server files, kit restrictions or whatever, if only because these features have been a part of MP gaming for a while now.

I still dont think you get it, and Im to tired to explain. I will agree with you that those things are needed though.

Instead of being a tad on the belligerent side, why not try to work together here with others and come up with some common solutions... That attitude won't get YOU anywhere's... Patiece would help you a great deal too... Remember, were all in this together... You get more with honey, than vinegar...

Name 5 games that have this built in on release by the developer and not sub contracted by either modders or another company (punkbuster)

GR1 didn't have anti cheat built in + dedicated server files so before i have to explain that, don't go there. Heck replays weren't even developed as an anticheat on released

Edited by ROCOAFZ