Ghost Recon:AW 1.21 patch FeedBack

AWESOME WORK, GRiN, on the new patch! :g_withgrin: Me likey...

Rabbi, I believe you posted this mere minutes after taking me to school in a HH game.

Anyways, I love it! The spawn raping is pretty bad at times though. I've been both the victim and played for the team that was pinning the other guys down. Also, before HH was introduced, I wondered who would ever use the smoke grenades. I know I didn't. Always had frags. But now, I won't leave the server screen without 'em.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWESOME WORK, GRiN, on the new patch! :g_withgrin: Me likey...

Rabbi, I believe you posted this mere minutes after taking me to school in a HH game.

Anyways, I love it! The spawn raping is pretty bad at times though. I've been both the victim and played for the team that was pinning the other guys down. Also, before HH was introduced, I wondered who would ever use the smoke grenades. I know I didn't. Always had frags. But now, I won't leave the server screen without 'em.

Actually, it was the otehr way around. I got PWNed bad in there. Lesson: me no likey Mk48 in small HH maps. If ever you tossed a 'nade in there, Deuce, have no doubt it was magnetically attracted to my helmet's soft underside. GRAW hasn't hurt that bad since... well... ever! :whistle: "Hurts so goooooooddddd..........." :whistle:

The new death sounds are pretty cool, too...

Yeah, I agree about smoking, it is cool again! And no longer damages your health, in fact, it can prevent illness and death if done at the right times.

So remember kids, drink beer and smoke if you want to look cool and survive the first 3 minutes in a HH server.

Yeah, I agree about smoking, it is cool again! And no longer damages your health, in fact, it can prevent illness and death if done at the right times.

So remember kids, drink beer and smoke if you want to look cool and survive the first 3 minutes in a HH server.

ROFL! :rofl:

It never ceases to amaze me how people will support something when they no it is ######.

Like I have mentioned on other threads. GRAW with its weapons characteristics and graphics could have owned all other games.

I have went back to playing FEAR Multiplayer...it is so much funner then this game...unbelievable that this thing is so screwed up.

Going to have to agree with the guy that said he was putting this game on the shelf.

I will play FEAR until [Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising] or Quakewars Enemy Territory comes out.

Sorry if this offends some of you GRAW diehards..but this game has been a tremendous let down...especially since there were a few critical things (like weapons) that were good.

Peace Out!

It never ceases to amaze me how people will support something when they no it is ######.

Like I have mentioned on other threads. GRAW with its weapons characteristics and graphics could have owned all other games.

I have went back to playing FEAR Multiplayer...it is so much funner then this game...unbelievable that this thing is so screwed up.

Going to have to agree with the guy that said he was putting this game on the shelf.

I will play FEAR until [Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising] or Quakewars Enemy Territory comes out.

Sorry if this offends some of you GRAW diehards..but this game has been a tremendous let down...especially since there were a few critical things (like weapons) that were good.

Peace Out!

Well, if you don't play it anymore, why are you here criticizing it? STILL!!!

im guessing low profile would like to have it like it was in tag where you have guys just sitting in one spot shooting the team as they spawn at there spawn point. This is called random respawnining and its way better than bush league camping like what always happened in the tag league.

it takes teamwork to get your team together and gather up for a push

This seems like the only positive thing that has come out good so far. of this patch

I have no desire to play Team Deathmatch on servers where respawns are even enabled so no, your guess on what I would like to have is wrong. For me respawns only take away from this gametype which is why I choose not to play on Team Deathmatch servers with respawns enabled, not counting today of course. What I would like is to eventually see a good number of servers out there hosting Team Deathmatch with respawns off. This is the classic way Team Deathmatch has been played from Rainbow Six all the way through the Rogue Spear series and RvS to Ghost Recon, though Ghost Recon did introduce respawns for the first time as a server option for many of the gametypes. When Ghost Recon was in its prime the clan I am a part of, "Mango Platoon" played on servers with respawns turned off. It was very rare that we played on a server with respawns on. We were also one of the most active clans on "The Combat Zone" gaming ladder for Ghost Recon and RvS. I just don't associate respawns with Team Deathmatch at all. As such, I just got thrown all out of whack today when joining these servers that had respawns enabled for Team Deathmatch. It did not even dawn on me that these servers were running with respawns. I also made the improper assumption that one would not be able to join a game mid-round, hence my bewilderment as to why my whole team was spread out all over the map when I joined the game thinking that the round had just started. So as you can see Feltzer, the last thing I'm interested in is shooting anyone as they spawn at their spawn point for Team Deathmatch. My preference is against having respawns enabled for Team Deathmatch to begin with. Edited by Low Profile

hmm the more i play those new mode the more, i agree with my earlier comment.

But i must admit new maps are cool, more rural, finally out of the dirty city and cubic city. keep getting more map of that kind they are far better then the earlier ones.

But i wish they were coop......................... :shifty:

Peace Out!

See ya!

The new game modes are great, but it still feels like "seen-it-done-it", I mean all the games will have this, but for GRAW since i've played domination to death, HH just seems like a smaller version of it, I don't get the special "kick" out of it. Maps are wonderful though.

Skipping the intros for Co-op are great, a sure 10/10, but the when Mitchell dies the game is still over, and you must totally reload again, and loading is still VERY VERY long and annoying.

Still has the very common random crashes after a game. The game is still pretty choppy (for me anyways). Great maps, but the games going to need more than this.

My overall rating for this Patch: 6/10

Wait?

No widescreen fix?

What the ######?

Well, I guess I'm done. I'm going back to the games that support my hardware that I spent money specifically for gaming. Damn ######ing shame that a feature that was in the retail release was broken with one of the first patches released.

Thank you for wasting the $50 I spent on this game by patching something out of it - even if it was unintentional, you've been told about it.

Re: Before the "You wern't forced to buy it" arguement even starts, re-read. The feature was there BEFORE they patched it out.

Prob is still there, with no fix. Blows me away that a feature that worked perfectly prior to 1.16 gets botched and is not even acknowledged by GRIN. And yes, I, and the people I know with this problem have tried every possible thing to fix it. No dice. My copy is sadly going to the land of misfit games, perhaps to be revisited one fine new year's eve.

Wait?

No widescreen fix?

What the ######?

I'm running a 19" widescreen at 1440 x 900 and that option comes right up in the list of resolutions, and works fine. I think my ATI driver populates that option. It was not there before my widescreen, but as soon as I loaded the driver and the new monitor, it was there, and works great.

Wait?

No widescreen fix?

What the ######?

Well, I guess I'm done. I'm going back to the games that support my hardware that I spent money specifically for gaming. Damn ######ing shame that a feature that was in the retail release was broken with one of the first patches released.

Thank you for wasting the $50 I spent on this game by patching something out of it - even if it was unintentional, you've been told about it.

Re: Before the "You wern't forced to buy it" arguement even starts, re-read. The feature was there BEFORE they patched it out.

Prob is still there, with no fix. Blows me away that a feature that worked perfectly prior to 1.16 gets botched and is not even acknowledged by GRIN. And yes, I, and the people I know with this problem have tried every possible thing to fix it. No dice. My copy is sadly going to the land of misfit games, perhaps to be revisited one fine new year's eve.

I also have this extremely annoying bug.

The game needs help -- every server I join is nothing but spawn raping and GL'ing non stop. :(

Wait?

No widescreen fix?

What the ######?

I also have this extremely annoying bug.

The game needs help -- every server I join is nothing but spawn raping and GL'ing non stop. :(

Join AttackforceZ [1.21 TDM] 10 minute games, member death cam on, and only 3 spawns!

Just got off of AttackForceZ .. had a blast .. I really enjoy TDM, well at least with the group I played with tonight.

One thing I hope can be changed or fixed... I could switch teams after being dead and then jump in to the eyes of the other team via deathcam... not very good for Matches.. hope this can be disabled.. Consider most clans use TeamSpeak .. I could tell everyone where the other team was.. that or jump on late to the server, watch the match via death cam and let my guys know where the other team is without anyone even knowing..

But it sure makes the waiting time that much better... just needs a little tweaking..

Other then that .. had a great time.. THANKS GRIN :)

Edited by IrishStout

Yea the widescreen bug is really annoying... it happens more frequent than ever for me ...flips from 16:10 to 4:3 in mid-game. A fix is highly needed..Widescreen gaming is the future and GRAW needs proper functionallity for us with WS (increasing #)

Well after playing the patch and playing game from demo, all I got to say good job, my crossfire kicked in I jumped 25fps in game from 65 to constant 85fps on max settings,

Deathcam makes a difference in waiting. woot.

damn widescreen bug is about the only thing I can ###### about.

all in all we are happy so far and the guys are setting up the BDA server to accomidate multiple settings and game modes.

But what im hearing from the mapping guys thier are some problems now since the update.

But all in all from the amout of time I played. The patch is a good one so far.

I certainly hope there will be A LOT OF CO-OP CONTENT in the next Patch. I'm downloading the new patch now. I hope I am one patch closer to the mother of all CO-OP patches.

silent_op

I hope the same but I'm happy that finally the mission "Contact" has been fixed...and I win it 'online' my first strike.

I beat the game 'coop online' at 'Hard level'.So I hope that you will give the modders the tools(coop map editor) that they need to create 'server side missions'.

name of my server:F.O.A.D GRAW & GR coop only "Hard Level"nothing less.

cable extreme speed.

Really can't wait for COOP enhancements here either. Why not have the checkpoint system setup like in Campaign mode...? That way when Mitchell dies you don't have to go back through the ENTIRE mission?

Man, it took me forever just to beat the campaign on Easy ("VIP2 Is Down" had me bashing the desk with fists) but on HARD?! Gj, dude.

havent played much with 1.21, but tested the new features. awesome work, guys! :grin1: just keep up the good work and bring on some new coop-stuff and i'll be thrilled.

its good to see when a dev keeps on improving their games after its release and listens to the community.

:g_withgrin:

Aye, a similar save setup to Splinter Cell Chaos Theory coop would be great. For those that don't know, you can save a coop game whenever you want, BUT as soon as you leave the server, beat the level, or quit, the save file gets deleted.