Ghost Recon:AW 1.21 patch FeedBack

Wait?

No widescreen fix?

What the ######?

Well, I guess I'm done. I'm going back to the games that support my hardware that I spent money specifically for gaming. Damn ######ing shame that a feature that was in the retail release was broken with one of the first patches released.

Thank you for wasting the $50 I spent on this game by patching something out of it - even if it was unintentional, you've been told about it.

Re: Before the "You wern't forced to buy it" arguement even starts, re-read. The feature was there BEFORE they patched it out.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adios peeps, it's been fun.

But I got fed up waiting, don't get the time to play anymore with work and stuff.

Checked out the XB360 version, It aint half bad at all.... so i'll probably just throw

that on at the weekends from now on.

Good luck to GRiN and any future projects you may partake in.

Happy gaming all.

:wacko:

I have mixed opinions on this patch.

First off the new maps are pretty cool except for the irreversible spawn camping on all the HH maps.

TDM on the other seems to me as though if you aren't in a clan then it sucks cause the maps are so big and you have no idea where to go.

But i think overall the patch is a sucess now some server side tweaks can make it even better.

BTW which servers have deathcam on

With the two new game modes, new maps, deathcam, and the additions to the server browser GRIN has definately taken a step in the right direction IMO. Having TDM without zones, letting you know how many enemy are in a particular zone, or which direction most of the enemy is coming from, gives GR:AW a whole new dimension. It is just a matter of finding a good server that has 0-3 respawns. Those who think TDM and HH are just new names for Domination have no clue, it is not the same game.

Some things I would like to see fixed in the future.

1.) 4 different random spawns, where either team, as a team, can spawn in any of the 4 spawns randomly. This will make it even more difficult to know in which direction the enemy is coming from.

2.) Auto timer.

3.) Showing who has/is ready (x'ed up) in the pre game window.

4.) If in a squad, show the squads in different colors on the mini map/map. This way you know what squad is where on your team, instead of just knowing where your own squad is. Alpha=Red, Bravo=Blue, Charlie=Green etc........

Over all though I am very pleased with this new content !! Bravo GRIN, good job! :thumbsup:

Wait?

No widescreen fix?

What the ######?

Well, I guess I'm done. I'm going back to the games that support my hardware that I spent money specifically for gaming. Damn ######ing shame that a feature that was in the retail release was broken with one of the first patches released.

Thank you for wasting the $50 I spent on this game by patching something out of it - even if it was unintentional, you've been told about it.

Re: Before the "You wern't forced to buy it" arguement even starts, re-read. The feature was there BEFORE they patched it out.

I've set the 1680x1050 resolution for my 20" widescreen from day one in the renderer_settings.xml file. It is a bug, but there is a workaround. Not a deal breaker if you can make it work with this simple edit.

Chill a bit.....

:whistle:

Wait?

No widescreen fix?

What the ######?

I've set the 1680x1050 resolution for my 20" widescreen from day one in the renderer_settings.xml file. It is a bug, but there is a workaround. Not a deal breaker if you can make it work with this simple edit.

Chill a bit.....

:whistle:

Tried that. I still get the screen skewing that strains my eyes.

And they get strained running the screen at 1:1. That's still an option, but did you pay the money you paid for your monitor to run it like a regular 4:3 ratio monitor?

And sorry. Do I have the right to be livid? I belive so. I will say that the rest of the patch looks great - but I personally don't see much reason for it having taken so long (yes, I do code) - but this is tearing me up.

Map size, Spawn points, Spawn Protection are CRITICAL to a good/great FPS/Tactical FPS why dont creators of these games see that...its as plain as the nose on your faces.

You have you hardcore [GR] people then your people that have never played [GR], GRAW will die online if you dont realize this isnt [GR]. Give the player the things mentioned above and you will have a hit for MP.

Bastid GRiN, it's a good patch. LOL

Had my mind made up , but curiousity got me.

I threw in the towel, then thought what the hell... installed and have to say, it's finally a game. Hmmm

Damn you for this cursed addiction!!!

LMAO.. Somehow I knew you'd be back..... Welcome back..... :rofl:

This is one thing I loved about Mechwarrior 4. Each map usually had up to 8 spawn points for a team (allowing up to 8 teams), but any team can pick any spawn. Imagine league matches where you can choose where to spawn for each team? Or even a 3 team match.

Well, as some of you know I was a critic of this game because of its lack of MP features. Now I must say that I am very impressed with what this patch brought up. I played TDM and for the first time ever, I continued playing like an addict. Normally, I would go online and quit after 10 minutes out of boredom and disappointment. This time I actually played for a good few hours undisturbed. Good job GRiN.

im guessing low profile would like to have it like it was in tag where you have guys just sitting in one spot shooting the team as they spawn at there spawn point. This is called random respawnining and its way better than bush league camping like what always happened in the tag league.

it takes teamwork to get your team together and gather up for a push

This seems like the only positive thing that has come out good so far. of this patch

Here's a stupid bug, When you use the server info, you get the scoreboard up, but the deaths and kills are in the wrong columns. All the players at the top have lots of deaths (should be kills) and all the players at the bottom have lots of kills and no deaths. When you join, you see the correct scores.

Basically scores are reversed on the Server info screen.

Here's a stupid bug, When you use the server info, you get the scoreboard up, but the deaths and kills are in the wrong columns. All the players at the top have lots of deaths (should be kills) and all the players at the bottom have lots of kills and no deaths. When you join, you see the correct scores.

and the beta testers didn't noticed this before the patch was released? :wacko:

and the beta testers didn't noticed this before the patch was released? :wacko:

Well its an easy fix mine reads ok now.

You never please everyone....

I love this patch, it's faster, death cam is 100% a plus,hamberger hill is top dog.

More sounds are great.

Roll on August patch.......

p.s. where has the HIGHWAY STATIC [ind_highway_stairs_deformed] gone ?

Did you remove it GRin ? with this patch ????

I love the water !!!!

great sound

viii

I like Hamburger Hill. Maybe it isn't that much different from Dom.. but when you are playing on a team with a bunch of strangers, at least you ALL have the same objective. Or all know where it is.

It is a bit confusing knowing when your team takes the smoke. It's kinda strange how MUCH "talk" there is in Dom about whatever zone being taken... to go to this where there is NO talking at all.

But overall... I think it is a blast.

Just watch out for those pansies who like to spawn rape.