Ghost Recon:AW 1.21 patch FeedBack

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say this patch is better than the previous map pack. Team DeathMatch has its noticeable flavor even though infinite/limited respawns were enabled in some servers. Hamburger Hill seems like a lot of fun. I still need some more time to play HH to make an accurate description, but so far I like it as cute. There is also a new multiplayer option (server info) where you can observe details from a server before you join. It gives you an idea of what server enabled/disabled options to expect before deciding to participate or otherwise. The only complaint I have is the Widescreen server bug (still there). Overall, it's safe to say that this patch has proved its point.

P.S. Admins plz enable deathcams :D

Edited by .priZm.

North spawn on 'The Cape' is a real bottleneck. It is extremely exposed to grenade and GL spam from on top when playing with spawns. I wish they'd done something about that. Well, for HH zero spawns it doesn't matter...

I played TD and HH today.

its all the same game with different names.

deathmatch = team deathmatc = hamburger hill = domination

coop is the only game that is different

I can't wait till Double Agent comes out in Sept, I'm tossing this one on the shelf until they decided its finished. They should of released tools so us COOP guys can redo missions to keep us occupied until the COOP patch comes out. The game is starting to get boring. How many times can you actually play Norad before you memorize where every guy is ?

That and Im getting SICK of my game crashing. This is the only game that does it that I play.

North spawn on 'The Cape' is a real bottleneck. It is extremely exposed to grenade and GL spam from on top when playing with spawns. I wish they'd done something about that. Well, for HH zero spawns it doesn't matter...

There is a solution... 7-8 second invulnerability. That should give you enough time to spawn and kill whoever is firing upon you. It's up to server admins though to enforce it.

I'm just beside myself at the implementation of Team Deathmatch. See the illustation below.

lp_graw_teamdeathmatch.jpg

The pic above was taken just as the round began. I'm the guy on the complete other side of the map when the round starts. All of my teammates are spread out as well in various places. Almost immediately kills are taking place from close range as members from each team are already running into each other randomly. From the very beginning here there is absolutely no cohesiveness to the team at all. The pic speaks for itself. Where is the "Team" in Team Deathmatch? It's dead and buried is where it is. This is not Team Deathmatch. This doesn't even remotely resemble Team Deathmatch. This game type may carry that name, but it's a complete joke to call it this. We have these great maps, a number of excellent start points available for each team to make for some great tactical gameplay and instead we basically get Deathmatch where people are technically part of one team or another. I never thought I'd see the day when a Tom Clancy based Team Deathmatch gametype offered no choke points! Well I guess times have changed for the PC gamer. I don't like them one bit. I swear, with every patch this game takes a huge step backwards in one way or another, and this is a huge step backwards in my opinion.

Edited by Low Profile

If the server admin raises the spawn protection time to 5 or 10, it should keep people from spamming the zone abit, and should help the ones spawning escape and take cover.

The game overall seems to run smoother, not sure why. But Im not complaining. TDM is a sight for sore eyes, as well as HH. And almost for got to mention the deathcam.

Also while in the server, you can also check the server info. There is a small "i" icon on the bottom right that you can click on for the details. Also Servers show if they are locked or not. Good stuff, Great job GRIN.

I never thought I'd see the day when a Tom Clancy based Team Deathmatch gametype offered no choke points!

design some maps that have them then.

I like the free roaming ability. It seems like it was your teammates not wanting to be a team that was the problem.

I'm just beside myself at the implementation of Team Deathmatch. See the illustation below.

The pic above was taken just as the round began. I'm the guy on the complete other side of the map when the round starts. All of my teammates are spread out as well in various places. Almost immediately kills are taking place from close range as members from each team are already running into each other randomly. From the very beginning here there is absolutely no cohesiveness to the team at all. The pic speaks for itself. Where is the "Team" in Team Deathmatch? It's dead and buried is where it is. This is not Team Deathmatch. This doesn't even remotely resemble Team Deathmatch. This game type may carry that name, but it's a complete joke to call it this. We have these great maps, a number of excellent start points available for each team to make for some great tactical gameplay and instead we basically get Deathmatch where people are technically part of one team or another. I never thought I'd see the day when a Tom Clancy based Team Deathmatch gametype offered no choke points! Well I guess times have changed for the PC gamer. I don't like them one bit. I swear, with every patch this game takes a huge step backwards in one way or another, and this is a huge step backwards in my opinion.

The choke points are there, they just are not forced on you like in other games. To be honest, man made map chokepoints, make the game predictable, and boring after some time of playing.

This game make the player, and or team create his own choke points, which is exactly how it is in real life.

Take RvS for example. There was maybe only a few maps that had more than 2 choke points. So the team plan in the beggining of each round was, half of you run left, the other half run right, and it was rinse repeat everytime you played. The maps that offered more than 2 choke points seem to be more popular, because it gave the player more choices, to flank, ambush and so on.

GRAW offers you a map, with endless possibilities, because you have no clue where or when the enemy is going to pop up. You are safe nowhere, and as alot of you will find this frustrating, I find it refreshing.

Like I said - the choke points are there, you just have to find them as a team, and use it to your advantage.

P.S. as far as looking at the screen shot, the only one out of place is you, looks like the other players on your team have set up a nice perimeter.

And one thing to remember. Pubs are known for their lack of teamwork in any game you play. that is why clans are formed, and why matching came to be. because its honestly the closest you will come to true teamplay in a video game.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

There new anticheat, EGO-Zack joined a game now and got completely owned dieing 4 - 5 times he score 0 kills. Maybe his hacks are not working with version 1.21.... what a shame... but good for all others. I know he alone is resposible for lots people leaving and not coming back to Ubi server games.

Edited by Spectre-GR

I never thought I'd see the day when a Tom Clancy based Team Deathmatch gametype offered no choke points!

I like the free roaming ability. It seems like it was your teammates not wanting to be a team that was the problem.

How can you even work as a team when your team starts individually spread out across the map? How can you work as a team when the other team starts individually spread out across the map? What team work is involved here? There is none. Everyone is just randomly looking around for members of the other team. This is simply a glorified version of Deathmatch were players are technically part of one team of the other. Since each team does not start together there are no choke points. Go design some maps that have them? The only way this could be done is to redesign the gametype as well. It's not the slightest bit unreasonable for me to expect Team Deathmatch to include teams that start together and work as a unit pushing toward various chokes point to take on the other team. That adrenaline rush when each round starts as you rush to a given choke point with your team is dead. Is anyone here with me on this or did all the other long time, hard care Tom Clancy gamers die along with Ghost Recon 2?

How can you even work as a team when your team starts individually spread out across the map? How can you work as a team when the other team starts individually spread out across the map? What team work is involved here? There is none. Everyone is just randomly looking around for members of the other team. This is simply a glorified version of Deathmatch were players are technically part of one team of the other. Since each team does not start together there are no choke points. Go design some maps that have them? The only way this could be done is to redesign the gametype as well. It's not the slightest bit unreasonable for me to expect Team Deathmatch to include teams that start together and work as a unit pushing toward various chokes point to take on the other team. That adrenaline rush when each round starts as you rush to a given choke point with your team is dead. Is anyone here with me on this or did all the other long time, hard care Tom Clancy gamers die along with Ghost Recon 2?

Im lost here. Are you under the impression that the spawns are randomly placed? If so you are wrong. There are 2 spawn points, they are the same ones from Domination. mayube you just loaded late.

i didn't realize the spawns were completely random. it looked as though your team ran out before you, whether you loaded slow or not. If the spawns are spread out and random like that then it is pretty lame. I still dissagree about your view on choke points though. I don't want to fight over some doorway or small alleyway. that's boring and limited.

Im lost here. Are you under the impression that the spawns are randomly placed? If so you are wrong. There are 2 spawn points, they are the same ones from Domination. mayube you just loaded late.

I'm not under the impression that the spawns are randomly placed. They are. At least on the server I played on for several maps. Go back a few posts up and look at the pic I posted. That pic was taken right after that round began. My team is spread out all over the map. I did not load late either.

I think you joined a game that was in progress. At the begining of a round everyone spawns together and starts from there. GR1 did not allow joining in game.

Not sure if there is a server setting for that or not... will check when i get home.

Give it time, u cant expect people to work as a team the first time they play a map and it's public. It's borderline retarded to yap about things like this 2 min after the patch is out.

Correct me if I'm wrong or misreading, but doesnt this screen shot show 2:26 remaining in the match? If so, you joined a match in progress, not one that had just began.

I can't believe people are actually reponding seriously to this drivel. A 32 player server with everyone loading and starting at the same time and place? And then what? Join arm-in-arm and skip across the battlefield? You expect 16 perfect strangers to work and fight as a cohesive unit? In a public server nonetheless?

Correct me if I'm wrong or misreading, but doesnt this screen shot show 2:26 remaining in the match? If so, you joined a match in progress, not one that had just began.

Good call Sheldon... i missed see the time. Unless it's a 2:26 time limt, LOL that map was in progress.

Hmm so far, i really disliked both new mode for simple reason that should be easly fixed

Team Deathmatch:

First thing, the teams players all spawn at the same place all the time. That's good in the context where there is only one wave of player, but with unlimited spawn, (every time i tryed this mode) it ended up in a camping party for both team and ultimately the player or team that win is the team that spawn camp the most. So that's really no fun at all, and as pointed out there is simply no teamplay except the fact that all player find one spot for spawn camping. (i know that's a persistent problem in Tom Clancy game but seriously some game like FEAR have fixed that kind of problem and we would expect a ubisoft supported game to do the same (in the futur?))

How to fix this issu:

Put spawn point all aground the map, make the player spawn at random position with a priority to spawn point near a friendly player (check FEAR TDM if you want an exemples of a very well done implementation of those design principle, FEAR even if that's not a tactical shooter is alot of Team play). And create smaller map for TDM. This way the fighting will the more intense and at random position instead of an expected "oh all those enemy spawn there anyway let's just camp there and there and there".

Hamburger hill:

First thing this mode is a good idee in principle. BUT... in the currently design it should be call "Killing spawning enemies from your fortify position in the center while they have simply no chance to kill you back because anyway there is a minimum of 6 player aiming at him" (and i excluded the grenade carnage in that suggested title).

In fact why not call this mode, "Sieging the enemy team 5x5 meter spawn point"

How to fix this:

Well that don't seem hard base on the map editor. Make the spawn point random around the map, (except in the contested area) because right now. The domination of one team upon the other seem systematic.... One team completely dominated the other team and the other team have simply no chance to even get close to the contested zone. Also make many "secure" way around those map to allow player to attack from different positions instead of forcing them to rush into a certain death. That's a tactical shooter so some tactical improvement would be great.

Note that my comment are not base on the fact that my teams were losing, it's based on the fact that my teams were totally owning the other team, so my comments are base on the context were we were totally dominating the other team in a way i found really cheap...

I hope im not too negative there... but i think if you follow some of those idee it might improve alot those game mode.

Also that would be GREAT to be able to create coop missions soon, because the coop community seem to slowly die....

Keep up the good work Grin :g_withgrin:

we really appreciate your work! :grin1: