Patch Dissapointment

As soon as I saw the patch version (1.21) I had a feeling there would be only minor changes. I'm glad to see the enhancement of the DM side of MP, but very dissapointed to see no change for co-op whatsoever.

I'm sure most players would agree with me that one of the foremost selling points, and indeed one of the most popular features of the GR/R6 line of TacShooters is co-op. Many of us have waited anxiously for a sequel to GR so we could once again enjoy an updated version of one of our all-time favorite games. How sad that is was struck with console-itis.

Once again, I ask, GRIN... please reassure us that our favorite GR gameplay will return in it's proper PC-form with the next patch:

> More than 4 players (8 min)

> Mission does NOT end when Team Leader dies

> Infinite Respawn

I understand that there are hurdles to overcome, but looking over the forums about this game it is easy to see that this is the most desired priority for patching. In the oft-quoted release from the beginning of summer it was stated that [GR] co-op would be restored to GRAW by the end of summer... with the next patch due in Septmember, that deadline draws close. Can anyone from GRIN/UBI reassure us that our hopes will be answered in that patch? If not, I believe it's time to renew your press release.

We place our trust in you GRIN, please do the right thing.

I too am waiting for these improvements in the Co-Op.

I think it will be later this year, another "patch" or so. But I am willing to wait.

( I watched SWAT4 go from 5 to 10 man teams!)

I donot know how difficult it may be to make these improvements, but I know GRiN can do it.

I belive they "are" on the right path, because I believe you can turn-off the intro scenes and go straight to the mission.

..................................... :g_withgrin: .............................Kingkat

I too am waiting for these improvements in the Co-Op.

I think it will be later this year, another "patch" or so. But I am willing to wait.

( I watched SWAT4 go from 5 to 10 man teams!)

I donot know how difficult it may be to make these improvements, but I know GRiN can do it.

I belive they "are" on the right path, because I believe you can turn-off the intro scenes and go straight to the mission.

..................................... :g_withgrin: .............................Kingkat

One thing I would not count on seeing is the number of players in Coop raised. I would love to see it, but I can almost swear, I remember reading they were told by Ubi to only have 4. Dont quote me, I may be way off. And i kinda remember reading, the only way we were going to get more players in Coop is if we modded them in.

In the mod section, it was confirmed that it had been done, but not sure by who. Might need the coop tools to be able to do so, and from what i hear that will be out in the next patch as well.

Anyway, this post is all based on my memory, and Im getting old, so dont take it to heart.

Like the Judge says, it will be addressed in the August patch.... Remember, this is the late July patch.... So, I'd expect something in Sept... I too am a big coop fan, so I wasn't expecting anything coop in this patch, only because it was stated as so... :g_withgrin:

Edited by Stormin

The did in this patch change it so you can skip the intro scheme. That was more then expected as they didn't originally say anything was for co-op

I'm sure you will see the performance increase also as we all did. (net code optimized and less intensive)

Well, I really would like to see more in Co-Op.

Having a couple of squads is more fun. Turn up the level to HARD and have at it.

Even with extra men, it is tough to go through without eating some bullets! LOL

hey.over at .com..................the PATCH is out....................Kingkat

The did in this patch change it so you can skip the intro scheme. That was more then expected as they didn't originally say anything was for co-op

I'm sure you will see the performance increase also as we all did. (net code optimized and less intensive)

Thanks Rocco,I forgot the intro scheme... I noticed the performance was better too.. :)

Thanks Rocco,I forgot the intro scheme... I noticed the performance was better too.. :)

Yeah Co-op gets some benifits, just not as in maps and such, but performance and netcode, which also the Mp players get.

my guess is that the original reason why coop was limited to 4 is due to vehicles only being able to hold the 4 people... maybe?

My guess for the number of 4 is the current COOP mode is just a variation of the single player with AI to get it out the door.

Once we get a real COOP mode with dedi server / tools, I'm hoping it will be anywhere from 8-16.

I agree with you guys. The only reason i decided to buy this game was for coop and the possibility of the series to make coop mission.

So those none coop patch are good thing and show a good support for the game, but i would prefer ALOT more the possibility of making coop mission with the possibility of downloading the maps ingame.

Indeed it is better this is a great patch and add on, once the modders get a hold of it it will be endless fun.

Indeed it is better this is a great patch and add on, once the modders get a hold of it it will be endless fun.

Aye-n-Gar! I noticed lower ping times, but was still experiencing a relationalship issue of seeing someone who was running, weapon lowered and in my perspective it looked like they didn't have their weapon up and shot me.

I think the server code needs a quicker update of player position/action. This may be taken care of through the SADS, hopefully.

Edited by ToW-Angel

my guess is that the original reason why coop was limited to 4 is due to vehicles only being able to hold the 4 people... maybe?

My guess for the number of 4 is the current COOP mode is just a variation of the single player with AI to get it out the door.

Once we get a real COOP mode with dedi server / tools, I'm hoping it will be anywhere from 8-16.

Yes, minimum of 8 and hopefully more... And for SP: Quick Save feature would be nice... I'm sure there will be tons of COOP maps coming out when this all gets fixed..... :g_withgrin:

Edited by Stormin

Once again, I ask, GRIN... please reassure us that our favorite GR gameplay will return in it's proper PC-form with the next patch:

> More than 4 players (8 min)

> Mission does NOT end when Team Leader dies

> Infinite Respawn

You hit the nail sqaure on the head! These 3 things are all we ask. Fix these 3 things, and a LOT of people will be a LOT happier!

Will I be able to just install the coop patch if that comes out sometime in the future ? rather than installing some useless (to me) game types and modes ? Let hope so, i mean the point of downloading 200mb of something you don't need.

Please don't call the next patch the 'August' patch unless it is to be released in August. Why not call it patch number <insert numbers here>, seems to set expectations too high.

Ah, so they DID address the net code? I've read some forum members' comments on it, but don't recall anything from the GRiN guys (who did one HELL of a good job with 1.21!) about that. I DID notice a LOT less lag in-game on a HH server a little while ago, and TDM is smooth as buttah...

Or is it my machine FINALLY running without that crapped-out Seagate 40GB HDD and a fresh WinXP install? Either way, it's been super lately, and what a game it is quickly becoming.

COOP folks- I too look forward to those improvements, and agree with ROCO that I recall something about those issues being addressed in August. It can't come soon enough. Stealth Recon tourney, anyone? A new twist to the Xmas FireFight? C'mon, who ISN'T excited about that?! These types of things were keystones of the community (IMHO) in the [GR] days, and certainly must make the comeback for GRAW as well...

And I have faith in GRiN to GIT 'R DUN for COOP and SADS soon, too. They're proving the naysayers wrong all summer long...