Vote a hacker off our website...

Not sure if this is appropriate but it may entertain some of you. (if not allowed please remove this topic moderators or Rocky)

The recent cheater that has been at our website has been responding on our forum to our posts. I am giving you all the oppurtunity to vote him off our website (or allow him to stay)

Note this isn't our game server...

Here is the vote...

Vote him on our off our website here! (vote will only be for 7 days)

and here is his case...

Cheater's explanation of why he is not cheating

Note to keep the votes fair you must register (sorry guys) as it keeps peeps from voting over and over.

Non registered users can see the vote at any time.

I'll let this stay Roco, I was actually suprised at what he posted, and how he made his case when I read that thread earlier today - so it will be very interesting to see how the voting goes.

Is it in bad taste? Is it against the rules here? Sometimes it's best to forget about questioning things and just enjoy the moment... :P

I take no sides. M9 shouldn't have glitched in the first place in a clan's server they pay for and should be banned on that particular server. On the other hand, I don't agree that he should be banned on all servers unless it becomes a common problem for all admins. Glitches are glitches, hacks are another thing. If there was evidence of m9 walking through walls and such he shouldn't be labeled a hacker or cheater until someone has evidence of the incident via Fraps.

I take no sides. M9 shouldn't have glitched in the first place in a clan's server they pay for and should be banned on that particular server. On the other hand, I don't agree that he should be banned on all servers unless it becomes a common problem for all admins. Glitches are glitches, hacks are another thing. If there was evidence of m9 walking through walls and such he shouldn't be labeled a hacker or cheater until someone has evidence of the incident via Fraps.

I pay for a server, and I don't want to give every swinging dick the benefit of doubt. If someone cheats or is suspected of cheating in a server, and they are banned from that server, I will take the word of a respectable squad rather than allow the player into my server. It's the right of every server admin to decide whether or not to ban preemptively.

Besides, IMO M9 comes off as a smug know-it-all, and I'd ban him just for that.

Yeah, you raped my neighboor's daughter, but I'll let you date my daughter, because you haven't raped her (yet). I.DON'T.THINK.SO.

Personally, I would vote gone.

Why?

I've seen him go on TK sprees on three differnt servers (SCE, Ghost Squad, and BDA). I've also been witness to his pistol killings, and victom of such. First couple of times I didn't pay antention to it, but then it happened some more...

I dunno, I don't really see glitching up onto walls and vehicles as "hacks". I see that as more of a changing program files/settings to give an advantage that is not available to all players as a hack.

Is it disruptive to you're server's gameplay? that's up to your admins to decide.

sidenote:

I always thought [GR] was hilarious in that a fallen log could stop a squad of spec-ops in their tracks.

If there's fraps footage of him shooting thru walls, or clipping thru walls, so be it, ban em. (damn, a real AC/admin tool or replays would be nice here)

Sure, it's a glitch, and it's you're server, do what you want. Put a MOTD up that says no glitching on walls/cars, if people do it, they're breaking the rules. We used to play BFDC the same way, no base-raping... It's not necessarily "cheating" but it breaks the rules we set out, and you would get punted for it.

I really can't say much about the glitch in question, as I'm waiting for the game to finish before I buy it.

just my .02

He gives the impression of being an undercover operative. Perhaps sent-in by some of the UBI staff. His goal is to deliberately utilize cheat coding and to gather intel. They want to study a 'cheaters' affect on the community. But I expect that the staff has lost interest, and are now catching up on the last few days episodes of Judge Judy and Jerry Springer.

Thanks Rocky for allowing it.

I thought it may interest everyone on how cheaters think.

Yeah he also admit's to going outside of shanty town and shooting squads in the back.

All votes there are annonoumus so no matter how you vote no one can tell unless you comment about it.

It does make for an interesting read. After i banned him, multiple server admins came to the site for the ip as they had the same issues with him + mass team killing. I am surprized no other squad got screen shots or fraps. I was too busy trying to find a way to ban him or i would have.

While I can understand his skills with the M9 being real, or even that this glitch has very little applicable use from what I've seen, but his behavior is more than enough reason to ban him. Treat a server as if it is someone elses house. Would you run around swearing and saying the N word at a a hosts house? I know I sure wouldn't. It's becoming a common tread these days, even in GRAW. Just the other night on the AFZ server there was someone by the name of adx or something like that who kept swearing, using racist comments, and TKing. Wish someone would come up with a language filter for the game (ie swear 3 times auto kick gets enabled).

Banned.

Definition of Cheating

Definition of Glitch

I never knew this information about m9 using racist remarks and the like. On that note, he deserves a ban. There is no need to have ignorant people like him playing in servers where admins expect their guests to have good games. On the course he is on, I feel without a doubt he could later resort to actual cheating.

Edited by .priZm.

from what i have read i can understand he has been banned from the game server, he upsets the game and folk playing, but the forum ban would be to much if he has behaved properly on the forum

(not using racist words or other disrupting comments)

he has used exploits, and is open about them (partially, if there is a wall glitch that rocco and others have seen, please prove it...)

but here in the modding forum there are xml threads that tell how you can mod guns and other things, is that inapropriate ?

if he wishes to share the info, let him do so, not for others to follow but for all to know, and so it can be corrected, silencing him might push him in a cheating/hacking behaviour, giving him a voice might benefit us all

as he has knowledge of the game and some exploits and or glitches

this should not be different from the xml threads when spoken out properly and treated respectfully

Edited by sui317

Irrespective of whether a player was cheating/exploiting (or whatever), or you could be the cleanest player in town, you would not be welcome on our server if you resorted to racial/abusive behaviour.

I know the rest of the community wouldn't tolerate it either, and for that very reason alone I'd be broadcasting requests for planet-wide bans.

Too strong? Who cares! We all define the quality of the community no matter what style of play, or even what game you play, and that behaviour is unacceptable. (I also noted that he did not deny these remarks, so has no moral integrity whatsoever)

Keep it clean, keep it fun!

While I can understand his skills with the M9 being real, or even that this glitch has very little applicable use from what I've seen, but his behavior is more than enough reason to ban him. Treat a server as if it is someone elses house. Would you run around swearing and saying the N word at a a hosts house? I know I sure wouldn't. It's becoming a common tread these days, even in GRAW. Just the other night on the AFZ server there was someone by the name of adx or something like that who kept swearing, using racist comments, and TKing. Wish someone would come up with a language filter for the game (ie swear 3 times auto kick gets enabled).

Banned.

Definition of Cheating

Definition of Glitch

YEah i didn't get on ts until after adx came through or he would have hit the ban also. I'll get him next time.

he(m9whore) somehow bypassed GRIN A/C, 'cause all his "modifications" seem to be possible by changing the xml files values. without a doubt, he's got 200%, if not 300% more HP than everyone else. a GL launched nade never kills him, if he's on a full bar. i unloaded full scar L clips at him and he survived and kept coming for more. the only thing usually stopping him is 4-5 quick headshots or lots of body hits. i know he doesn't use a SIFF hack or a wallhack 'cause i got the drop on him a few times and he seemed clueless. but if he hears you, your chances aren't so great... his _silenced_ m9 never wounds, only kills, no matter how sloppy his aim is. rate of fire is way up too. not to mention the attitude...

somebody post a pic of a thumb pointing down, i'm too lazy to look.

he(m9whore) somehow bypassed GRIN A/C, 'cause all his "modifications" seem to be possible by changing the xml files values. without a doubt, he's got 200%, if not 300% more HP than everyone else. a GL launched nade never kills him, if he's on a full bar. i unloaded full scar L clips at him and he survived and kept coming for more. the only thing usually stopping him is 4-5 quick headshots or lots of body hits. i know he doesn't use a SIFF hack or a wallhack 'cause i got the drop on him a few times and he seemed clueless. but if he hears you, your chances aren't so great... his _silenced_ m9 never wounds, only kills, no matter how sloppy his aim is. rate of fire is way up too. not to mention the attitude...

somebody post a pic of a thumb pointing down, i'm too lazy to look.

We saw him walk through a wall also...

Most servers aren't running the ac as it's not stable yet.

Where did you see him? Stop by our site and cast a vote lol!

He's banned from the game server, but the voting is to prove he is seen as a cheater + after 7 days if the results say cheater... he's banned from our whole site. (Added bonus)

Roco et al,

Just a thought. He might post links and hints at what he does and how he does it, which would be negative value to this community. "Technology" like this can end up like a bad case of herpes where one link or glitch hint spreads like wildfire. Ban him, lock the thread and move on.

Don't get me wrong, I love catching hacks and love watching them get caught. But open threads like this could end up in the wrong hands.

Love yas and keep kicking hacker ######,

To have conclusive evidence of a wall hack or cheat: Ban

To have conclusive evidence of any type of cheat or glitch that knowingly gives an unfair advantage :Ban

Finding an exploit in the game ( in this case) that allows you to climb low walls and cars, I don't think that it's a banning offence, unless I'm mistaken,I can't see how he can have an advantage over gamers with that type of "party trick" simply because you will stick out like dogs ba**s.

After saying that, a gamer that is found with that type o f exploit should have a warning, if it continues then a possible, Ban.

To have conclusive evidence of a wall hack or cheat: Ban

To have conclusive evidence of any type of cheat or glitch that knowingly gives an unfair advantage :Ban

Finding an exploit in the game ( in this case) that allows you to climb low walls and cars, I don't think that it's a banning offence, unless I'm mistaken,I can't see how he can have an advantage over gamers with that type of "party trick" simply because you will stick out like dogs ba**s.

After saying that, a gamer that is found with that type o f exploit should have a warning, if it continues then a possible, Ban.

There is more that we didn't get pics of. He left the arena and was shooting people from outside the shanty town game perimeter. He had a modded m9, (rapid firing single shot every shot hit and killed (no injury) ) pistol, and he also walked through a few walls. (i wish i was in to get fraps of that but i only seen him do it once before i exited to ban him, to try to save the game night.

If it was an accidental glitch or his gameplay was clean we would warn him for language or what he was doing. But instead he took it to the extreme, climbing all over things (which btw there is no animation for... you float)