New screenshot and Qand A

i would've like to have seen more maps, rather than just modify pre-existing ones. But atleast we have some map builders out in the community that have already come out with some pretty cool maps. Hopefully they'll make cool tdm and HH maps as well.

Amen.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The JAckal' date='Jul 31 2006, 03:43 PM' post='404577']

The dedi files are coming ! They have stated this already. This should satisfy the community and get more players and more people to play the game IMO.

Are you sure? Where have you read the release annuonce?

I hope.... :(

It has been stated that the game will be where they wanted it to be at release by the end of the Summer/Early Fall...

To this point, the game is not where it supposed to be. Hamburger Hill may help. Would TDM make a difference? I doubt it. From what I read, it seems like they turned off respawns in Domination and slapped the TeamDeathmatch title on it. Hamburger Hill on the other hand seems interesting. It would be nice to have 5 maps instead of 3.

I am also curious on what the status is on the widescreen bug. I hope this patch fixes it.

If that were true, now wouldn't it be still domination without respawns?

Explain the difference, apart from zones and respawns.

Points, repurchasing weapons with points (or without when in domination zones without points) Think of GR1 (if you played it)... the eliment of surprize... not knowing who is in your "zone" because there are no zones. That should stop the ###### rush, especially with all the hiding spots GR1 did not have. That's how it was in GR1 at least.

There still seems to be an absence of any legitimate ground cover which was an integral part of [GR]. No long grass, no bushes or shrubs to speak of.

you can't find enough places for cover in GRAW? a lot of people would disagree. and if you miss vegetation so much, there are bushes and grass present in GRAW, just in minimal quantities. what's stopping ya from creating a few heavily foliaged maps? i'm sure most of the community here will be eager to play them. as long as the design is adequate.

it doesn't bother me though. i'll grab a light pole or a wooden crate for cover over a bush any day. better yet, i'll stand in the open, strafe sideways and fire. who needs cover...

EDIT: about TDM...

main difference you will feel playing TDM over Domination is that the game doesn't control your movements anymore. when your half of the map is getting owned, literally, by the other team, you have no choice but to help your team fight it off. whenever i decided to ignore the zones and continue my own advancement, the game often ended pretty quick... TDM will all be about good spots on the map, and a lot more will depend on the level of teamwork. at least that's how i see it.

Edited by th33f.

Mmmm No dedi files !! oo well only paid £14.99 for it !! I will be very Sad if they bring this out with no Dedi files !! They do all this great work for MP but they aint even sorted the Dedi files out !! But it is UBI were talking about !!

It seems that some people on this forum will never be happy...finally some good news and folks still bash it.

GRiN will provide. They've promised (TDM, TvT, Coop, Dedi server files, etc) and are starting to deliver.

:grin1:

On a different note...

When they talk about coop, I don't think they're talking about team coop, i.e. tourney-style play. (but that doesn't mean future patches won't contain additional fixes)

Additionally, the way the phrased the release seems like a couple more english lessons are needed.

What the hell does, "could you please details the big lines of this new MP pack" mean? :rofl:

lol

Brethren, go with GRiN. :g_withgrin:

No COOP support? Just TvT types? Oh whooppee!

And this surprises you?

By now you should know the COOP player is like a Red Headed Step Child.

Its a red headed step child that was told to wait till august for the Coop fixes.

And its August now aint it BOZO.

Mmmm No dedi files !! oo well only paid £14.99 for it !! I will be very Sad if they bring this out with no Dedi files !! They do all this great work for MP but they aint even sorted the Dedi files out !! But it is UBI were talking about !!

ANOTHER ONE! For the love of all that is relatively holy, or at least well-intended, I am about to lose my damned mind.

THE DEDIS ARE COMING! THE DEDIS ARE COMING! ...says RAbbi as he rides like a bolt of greased (or greasy) lightning through town, sounding the beginning of the Revolutionary War- AGAINST ILLITERACY!

DEDICATED SERVER FILES ARE COMING IN ABOUT A MONTH! Your fellow Brits invented this language, why can't YOU read it?!

THE DEDIS ARE COMING! THE DEDIS ARE COMING! ...says RAbbi as he rides, sounding the beginning of the Revolutionary War- AGAINST ILLITERACY!

DEDICATED SERVER FILES ARE COMING IN ABOUT A MONTH! Your fellow Brits invented this language, why can't YOU read it?!

:lol:

That's funny enough that I would have to bypass the swear-filter to accurately describe it.

No COOP support? Just TvT types? Oh whooppee!

And this surprises you?

By now you should know the COOP player is like a Red Headed Step Child.

Its a red headed step child that was told to wait till august for the Coop fixes.

And its August now aint it BOZO.

Actually if you want to get technical, No its the 31st.

And it was due out in the August patch. The patch coming out next is the july patch, but as obviously stated is being pushed back abit, so it could be tested further. thanks for calling me names - i know i can always count on the forums to find nicknames for myself.

MY BAD. We already have DEDI. SADS are coming. I'll go pujch myself in th throat now and say 25 Hail, Jackal's for you.

Seriously, thanks for sorting that one out publicly...

My comment wasnt directed at anyone. I have never read anywhere GRIn saying there would Be STAND ALONE files, everything Ive read say Dedicated files, but if it has been said there willl be SA files released then thats a good thing.

Good job Grin, I guess. It's nice that there are multiple HH options and gametypes, that ought to spice it up a bit. One thing I find rather annoying is that it doesn't seem like you'll be able to play every game type on every map. I wonder what the reason for that is?

I also agree with others that Dedicated (or Stand Alone) server files are most important and should've been first on the list. Don't spaz Rabbi, I know they are coming, just like everyone else.

Looking forward to playing this patch...just need to keep 'em comin'...

MY BAD. We already have DEDI. SADS are coming. I'll go pujch myself in th throat now and say 25 Hail, Jackal's for you.

Seriously, thanks for sorting that one out publicly...

We have DEDI ...with no REMOTE ACCESS

and I'll have 25 "Whiskies" for you! :o=

Edited by Stealth-IRA