GRAW EDITOR TECH FLAW !

viiiper

It has come to light at the BDA that there are several FLAWS in GRAW & map editor.

One of the BDA members "Maj3stic*BDA*" has discovered that if you make a map

with ZONES beyond "Mike" ['M'] then when the map bundle is played and the zone is captured, the map will crash for that user if:- The announcer guy [voice] is turned ON.

This is because there is no announcer sounds associated with zones lettered beyond 'Mike"

No solution

Also noted is the quirk that if a Historic staircase for example is laid down and a second static is placed on top of it using the force mode, then the game will crash if you face the double static.

The solution to this is to 'Z' axis lift one static off the other via XML edit.

Both problems only come to light after a full render & the game is run.

have fun

viii & Maj3stic

Viiper - when you say crashes does the system give an error message relating to it or just crash out like a windows OS message? I see people getting kicked for not having correct files at times, but wanted to expand on your findings.

One has to draw the line somewhere, we drew it at "M".

Why, you may ask yourself, didn't we draw the line at "Z"? Well, if you're not satisfied with a maximum of 13 zones (A-M) then why would you be satisfied with 26 (A-Z)? Because that's the entire English alphabet? For someone who wants to create a map with more than 26 zones that's no valid excuse - he would ask for more zones (A-Z + 1-9). Then someone else would want A-Z + 1-99, and at that point you might as well skip the alphabet stuff and just go with numbers (1-infinity).

As I said, one has to draw the line somewhere, we drew it at "M".

Next time you have to draw the line... draw it with "You have Captured the zone!" and "You have lost the zone!"... see no letters... smooth line. :) Works from 1 to a bazillion!

And honestly, I have no problem with thirteen zones... but it would have been nice if you told us we were limited to thirteen zones.

Edited by AlexSledge

Next time you have to draw the line... draw it with "You have Captured the zone!" and "You have lost the zone!"... see no letters... smooth line. :) Works from 1 to a bazillion!

And honestly, I have no problem with thirteen zones... but it would have been nice if you told us we were limited to thirteen zones.

we cant answer questions that you dont ask :)

So it's great to get a Official Grin Answer, and unlock a secret GRIN Easteregg, but how many more Eastereggs are they before we get to the end

of the rainbow ?

viii

p.s. my new signature. Thankyou Wille

So it's great to get a Official Grin Answer, and unlock a secret GRIN Easteregg, but how many more Eastereggs are they before we get to the end

of the rainbow ?

viii

I wouldnt call it an easteregg, its just natural that we have alot of information that you dont,and that we havent thought about giving to you since we didnt know that you wanted it, and we cant just tap into our heads and write everything down just incase its someting that SOMEONE might find valuable, so you are gonna have to ask questions im afraid;)

of the rainbow ?

viii

I wouldn’t call it an Easter egg, its just natural that we have a lot of information that you don’t, and that we haven’t thought about giving to you since we didn’t know that you wanted it, and we cant just tap into our heads and write everything down just incase its something that SOMEONE might find valuable, so you are gonna have to ask questions I’m afraid;)

Please don't misunderstand me, I was saying this with the up most respect, I meant the zones stopping at Mike was very unexpected and not documented as a limit , therefore I called it an Easter egg [which it was not], as a way of saying it was a secret that was there to be discovered.

Most of us all appreciate all the support and time out Grin has made in answering questions on this forum, and I for one thank you and the Grin team 1000x over.

Best regards

viii

p.s. Keep up the good work Wille

lol, I never thought you meant any disrespect or anything, dont worry about that stuff ;)

I just meant that things like for example the zones, that has never been an issue to us, easily slips thru the information cracks since we didnt know people would try and make maps with that many zones, since we didnt, and the thought didnt cross our minds :)