Should I?

Hello all,

Did a search and didn't find this already posted. I was in the store lastnight saw the game and picked it up. I sat down and thought to myself....I have been burned by the Battlefield 2 series. Should I check some forums and get some advice? So here I am. My question is since I haven't opened the game yet, should I? Or should I return it? Will welcome all to help, no holds barred.

:)

should I?

Are you feeling lucky?

Just me but I would have upwrapped that thing by now. Skeptical? Settle down for a long read and...don't forget your waders!

Well after being burned by the Battlefield 2 game...Yes I am gun shy. Reading game reviews by PC magazines, I don't trust to be quite honest. I would rather hear it from a non-biased opinion vs. paid hype. If it can't be answered so be it. :thumbsup:

If it can't be answered so be it. :thumbsup:

Pay close attention to the system requirements on the box, and if your current system doesn't meet or exceed the recommended listings and you still haven't unwrapped it, you might consider returning it and downloading the demo (see above). to get a limited idea of what the game is like.

if you expect to enjoy the game, the absolute minimum you should go with is 1024MB of system RAM and a PS2.0 GPU, as in a 6800/x800 or above. everything else is pretty much irrelevant, the CPU is not really a factor, though a faster one should help keep the FPS more stable in tight spots. so yea, just make sure you've got those two taken care of and you can safely rip the plastic off.

I dont think the demo gives a person the real feel at just how great this game is and will be better in the future. If I had decided just from the demo I would have never played this great game.

Like anyother game you need to give yourself time to get used to it.

It is well worth keeping this game, dont return it is my advice.

Did you play the [Ghost Recon]? Alot of the people who played the original game were very disappointed by GRAW. I didn't play the original game, so had no prior expectations. I like this game, but am fortunate to have a computer capable of runnning the game well.

Singe player is very challenging, even frustrating, compared to many of the other games I have played. But the idea of a tactical shooter is to make you think and not run-n-gun.

Multiplayer - the game, out of the box, only has domination and coop modes. Neither of which appealed to me personally. However, patch 1.20 has added 3 new deathmatch maps and one of them requires night vision which I think is so cool.

A new patch is currently being tested which contains Team Death Match and Hamburger Hill modes. Reports from beta testers are very very positive. It's is just a pity that the game was not complete when released it may have gotten more favorable press reviews.

It's got alot of potential. I love the game and I have alot of fun with it...

It's just got so much wrong with it that I go to sleep crying everynight after I'm finished playing.

There's typically a red trail of blood somewhere near my backside region when I wake up. I blame UBI.