Is it just me...

I just "viewed new posts" as I often do throughout the day to get updated on the converstations going down. And several of them are going downhill lately more than I had ever noticed before. People seem to be at each other's necks. Whether it's Advanced Manual talk or Mod talk, general GRAW talk or upcoming patch talk.

So, my question is, where is all this coming from? Why can't we all just get along...or at least not hate? :(

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just "viewed new posts" as I often do throughout the day to get updated on the converstations going down. And several of them are going downhill lately more than I had ever noticed before. People seem to be at each other's necks. Whether it's Advanced Manual talk or Mod talk, general GRAW talk or upcoming patch talk.

So, my question is, where is all this coming from? Why can't we all just get along...or at least not hate? :(

But Deuce! I love ya buddy!

Not THAT way, ya PHR33K!

:whistle:

:o It didn't have to be this way if GRAW would have been great. But it wasn't so tensions rise. :angry:

GRAW will be great.

I really hope that all GR.net participants can relax, enjoy the summer, and wait patiently for the patches to finish the game that released too early last May.

GRiN will come through for us.

SHUTUP SHUTUP SHUTUP SHUTUP

EVERYTHING IS FINE IN HERE MOVE ALONG THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WHY DO YOU THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG DO I LOOK FAT TODAY OMG DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT

:rofl::P

As long as it's not turning in to a "UBI forum"... :unsure:

It's much better here where people blindly continue to believe there's nothing wrong with GRAW.

Im sorry I could not see what you just wrote. :lol: jk.

Im sorry you feel that way about us, but in reality thats not what its like here. Almost everyone here has expressed their concerns about the game, and what they did not like. So we see the problems, we talk about the problems, and yes sometimes argue about the problems, but we dont wander through the forums blindly thinking the game is perfect.

It's much better here where people blindly continue to believe there's nothing wrong with GRAW.

Im sorry you feel that way about us, but in reality thats not what its like here. Almost everyone here has expressed their concerns about the game, and what they did not like. So we see the problems, we talk about the problems, and yes sometimes argue about the problems, but we dont wander through the forums blindly thinking the game is perfect.

Ruggbutt seems to be of the opinion that if you are not screaming, cursing and foaming at the mouth about every issue then you aren't concerned about any of them. It's a ludicrous attitude and blatantly ignorant as far as I'm concerned, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Many people here have spoken about their concerns and issues. We just didn't do it rudely or verbally attack people in the process.

:stupid::stupid::g_withgrin:

Ruggbutt seems to be of the opinion that if you are not screaming, cursing and foaming at the mouth about every issue then you aren't concerned about any of them. It's a ludicrous attitude and blatantly ignorant as far as I'm concerned, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Many people here have spoken about their concerns and issues. We just didn't do it rudely or verbally attack people in the process.

I agree totally. :stupid::g_withgrin: And I mean that in a good way :)

Go play the 360 version and then the pc versions.

GRAW was ment to be like the 360version wich IMHNBSO is a good 8.5 out of 10.

PC version is a 7/10 - Potential yes but not ever going to deliver. Nothing and I mean nothing IMO thus far has delivered the thrill that [GR] has. Flashpoint was close. OE very close but no one has surpassed it.

[GR] gets a solid 9.4/10 on my list when it was launched. The short fall was the singleplayer campaign. Fun but not a good depth to it.

PC version is a 7/10 - Potential yes but not ever going to deliver. Nothing and I mean nothing IMO thus far has delivered the thrill that [GR] has. Flashpoint was close. OE very close but no one has surpassed it.

[GR] gets a solid 9.4/10 on my list when it was launched. The short fall was the singleplayer campaign. Fun but not a good depth to it.

I wouldn't say it was meant to be like the 360 version. The only thing I'd want from that version are the multiplayer options, custom game modes, etc. and the ability to direct my AI in a similar manner (though I'd still want to keep the tacmap AI controls from the PC version).

The rest of it, the action-arcade gameplay, the medics, the shooting gallery minigun scenes, the blind firing and corner-camera guns... that can all stay as far away from my game as possible.

I wouldn't say it was meant to be like the 360 version. The only thing I'd want from that version are the multiplayer options, custom game modes, etc. and the ability to direct my AI in a similar manner (though I'd still want to keep the tacmap AI controls from the PC version).

The rest of it, the action-arcade gameplay, the medics, the shooting gallery minigun scenes, the blind firing and corner-camera guns... that can all stay as far away from my game as possible.

I so agree Ted.

I see that my point went completely over your head although you help to make my case. Dude comments about UBI, generalizing and I did the same about this place.

C'mon now, aren't you the least bit amused by the irony? And since you seem to be able to tell what I'm feeling then you'd know that I think you guys aren't all humping GRIN's legs to death like you were doing 2 months ago. And yeh, that's a backhanded compliment.

Edited by ruggbutt

^^^^

Wow, I didn't see that one coming ;)

The difference between this forum and the UBI forum is that atleast some of us have patience. Seriously, did anyone here expect a "full" game after only 14 months (thats one year and two months) of development with only half the amount of resources that RSE had? Remember, this is NOT a port. Everything is build up from nothing. 15 maps, good AI (if not great), next generation graphics, almost unlimited draw distance plus the game is easy to mod. It's quite cool that GRIN even managed to create a MP. As a singleplayer game, it's pretty much finished. Now, all we have to do is to wait for the MP patch that will come out this week (how do I know? cuz I will be on vacation this week so I will miss the damn release!!!).

Edited by Hockeystick

TedSmith you hypocritical buffoon you go spouting off about how you dont rudely or verbally attack people for their opinions and you go and say..................................................................................................

"Ruggbutt seems to be of the opinion that if you are not screaming, cursing and foaming at the mouth about every issue then you aren't concerned about any of them. It's a ludicrous attitude and blatantly ignorant as far as I'm concerned, but I can't say I'm surprised."

I'm sorry but calling someone ignorant because they have an opinion that you dont agree with is RUDE and IGNORANT on your part ...if you dont agree with their opinion thats fine after all its YOUR opinion just the same as its their opinion no need to go off labeling people ....HOW DARE YOU!!!! and then to go on by saying we are never rude blah blah blah ....all I can say is your a ###### and need to be taken down a peg or 2

TedSmith you hypocritical buffoon you go spouting off about how you dont rudely or verbally attack people for their opinions and you go and say..................................................................................................

"Ruggbutt seems to be of the opinion that if you are not screaming, cursing and foaming at the mouth about every issue then you aren't concerned about any of them. It's a ludicrous attitude and blatantly ignorant as far as I'm concerned, but I can't say I'm surprised."

I'm sorry but calling someone ignorant because they have an opinion that you dont agree with is RUDE and IGNORANT on your part ...if you dont agree with their opinion thats fine after all its YOUR opinion just the same as its their opinion no need to go off labeling people ....HOW DARE YOU!!!! and then to go on by saying we are never rude blah blah blah ....all I can say is your a ###### and need to be taken down a peg or 2

guys guys guys, lets play nice?:)

See now thats funny right there. This reply is exactly why i dont hang out on the UBI forums.

Here you might see something like this once in a while but there its an everyday drama.

OMG LOL [GR] 9.4 out of 10 on release? It was buggy as all heck... server crashed daily, No anticheat, (not even stable replays until later) and minimal frames. It wasn't until after 1 year that it became close and not really even that # until Island Thunder was released!.

Even then it never had true dedicated server files and always required a 16mb video card for the server.

Don't compare [GR] one after 4 years to a game that has only had 3 months of trial.

Edited by ROCOAFZ