Ghost Recon.net Forums

Map editor crash when trying to render on high res

I get this error and map editor crashes....every time i try to export with res set to high. I can export on Draft, low or even medium res but not on high. I have 2 gig of ram, FX-60 processor and a ATI X1900XT 512 vid card.

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.20

Out of memory allocating 94488160 bytes

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\managers\scriptlightmapmanager.dsf(0)

data\lib\utils\dev\tools\editor.dsf(0)

data\lib\utils\dev\editor\worldeditor.dsf(0)

data\lib\utils\dev\toolbox.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\levels\editor\editor.dsf(0)

I get this error and map editor crashes....every time i try to export with res set to high. I can export on Draft, low or even medium res but not on high. I have 2 gig of ram, FX-60 processor and a ATI X1900XT 512 vid card.

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.20

Out of memory allocating 94488160 bytes

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\utils\dev\tools\editor.dsf(0)

data\lib\utils\dev\editor\worldeditor.dsf(0)

data\lib\utils\dev\toolbox.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\levels\editor\editor.dsf(0)

Hi Postal,

I have an FX60 3Gb DDR and very similar sys. Your 4 GB sys ram should show as 3Gb or less on WinXP due to it's memory limitations of 3Gb addressable.

Ok work around

1.Goto the editor and load in the map to export in high res.

2. Click on the VIDEO tab at the top of the page and select Texture resolution LOW

3. Select 8 or 4x AF

This saves memory, If you press CTRL-ALT-DEL you can see the memory used

by GRAW.EXE, try it, you can save some 500mb just from med to low...

Now select export and in the drop down box select 3 or 2 or 1 pass / HIGH/

Have fun...

p.s. I use to get the same crappy error and still do if I have video in high while exporting.

viii

Thanks Viiiper,

Unfortunatly i only have 2 gigs of ram, I did try what you said and it still gives me the error but thats probably cause i only have 2 gigs of ram. Your post was very helpful though cause i planned on getting another gig so i will use your advice then.

Maj3stic,

Thank you for your input also, yeah unfortunatly i only have 2 gigs of ram in my system. As of wanting to export on high res..well i just wanted to see what the difference was....i figured it was there so i would try....lol

Does anyone have screenies of a high res export and a medium res export. I just wanna see if there is a difference.

u dont need 4gb of ram, i rended mine on high res and 5 passes with my amd 3500 @2.7 and 1gb of ram and it worked just fine

I also did it on medium, with 3 passes but the high res 1 gave me better lighting, in medium i had a couple of dark patches on buildings and stuff.

Yes on smaller maps, but large maps need neerly 1 GB to be held in the editor and

when render starts that shoots up. On average 2Gb is plenty for the Operating system and Editor, but it depends on how complex your map is....

Best regards

viii

How long for 3 passes on medium... editing one of the large mp maps (avenues) and 3 passes at med = 17 hours!!! Notice my CPU is only 50% used by GRAW, guess it doesnt take full advantage of dual cores with the editor running