Advanced M4/M16

416-14main.jpg

416-10__1main.jpg

:wub: is that nice or what :drool:

Would be cool to see the HK416 in the game.

Speeking of advanced weapons: apparently more and more modern guns are using the bullpup design. This design is supposed to be better suited to modern urban warfare. Would be nice to see a gun based around an AUG, SA80 or TAR-21. Maybe even chambered for a 6.8mm round which may be NATO's next choice of caliber.

BTW we are not allowed real guns here. So I have no idea what I am talking about, so be nice. :tomato:

Edited by Belfast Boy

Would definetly love to see some M4 variants in the game. Currently I don't think they can be moded in. I could be wrong though, I really haven't looked into it much. Might be able to do a replace model al la RavenShield, but I haven't tried that. Plus, you'd have to animate the mag, etc.

Would be nice to have a tutorial and files like Swat4 did...but please make it more understandable then that. That thing is so cryptic in areas it was like the Davinci Code or something.

Maybe soon we'll get one. They did tuts for the level editor and some other stuff, so this could be next.

Isn't the lower receiver of the Scar the same as the M4?

I think you might be right. Personally, I don't know much about guns in real life. However, if their frames are similar enough, it could be possible to use the SCAR anim set or however it's designed in this game. Of course, it would be nice to do it properly as opposed to hacking it in.

You're talking about bringing in a HK to an american military. As much as I love HK (own a p2000 and usp .45) that probably won't happen at least not in the m-16/m-4 variants. Although I say this and the military is looking at french weapons. How would the french know a good weapon? it's not like they have ever used them in combat before (*runs*)

and yeah the scar accepts current issue mags (requirements by the military i believe) but the internals and the bolt are not interchangable with current m-16/m-4

scar

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as70-e.htm

m-16

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as18-e.htm

Edited by zulater

I think what noquater was suggesting is that because of their similarities, it would be a lot easier to mod an M4 or variants into the game without having to redo a lot of poses and animation. And judging by those links that zulater sent out, the lower reciever does look almost identical for the SCAR and M(class) weapons.

...Although I say this and the military is looking at french weapons. How would the french know a good weapon?

Ummm... I believe you are talking about the FN SCAR. FN=Fabrique Nationale, which is based in Herstal, Belguim, not France. MAS=Manufacture d'Armes de St-Etienne, located in France. The FA=Fusil d'Assaut, is just about the only exception to your statement about French arms though- being one of the only French weapons to see use outside of France or the former empire.

Externally the SCAR receiver is very similar to the AR-15 series of weapons, with the mag well, mag release, and bolt catch, and safety/selector all working about the same; the main difference is that the SCAR is made mostly of synthetic polymer where as the AR-15 is made of aluminum, FN also moved the charging handle to the side of the weapon and removed the forward assist (I guess not needed with the new internals). Internally they are quite different.

Well as stated the SCAR is a Belgian, and the XM-8 is internally almost identical to the German-designed G-36; so the US Army hardly has any problems buying foreign weapons, they did in 1985 when they selected the Italian Beretta 92FS to replace the American-made Colt 1911A1.

I personally disagree with the idea that bullpups are the ideal weapon for urban combat; in fact I would hate to have to use one in any kind of urban setting. When you are fighting in an urban environment it is generally a good idea to be able to switch your firing hand to shoot around corners or through doors. Something like the M-4 or the XM-8 is great for this, as you can easily switch to shooting lefty if need be, or back again. With a bullpup though if you switch your firing hand your face is now wonderfully sitting almost immediately adjacent to the shell ejection port, so as soon as you fire from your off hand, you will have some very painful marks on your cheek to show off to everyone else ... <_<

Anyway, back on topic, I think adding an HK-416 would be cool, though mostly ascetic - since it would fill almost the exact same role as the SCAR. Did H&K make the mags longer perhaps? In those pics they look a bit to long for some reason ... maybe they added some length so that you can actually load 30 rounds into them reliably?

Clark

I personally disagree with the idea that bullpups are the ideal weapon for urban combat; in fact I would hate to have to use one in any kind of urban setting. When you are fighting in an urban environment it is generally a good idea to be able to switch your firing hand to shoot around corners or through doors. Something like the M-4 or the XM-8 is great for this, as you can easily switch to shooting lefty if need be, or back again. With a bullpup though if you switch your firing hand your face is now wonderfully sitting almost immediately adjacent to the shell ejection port, so as soon as you fire from your off hand, you will have some very painful marks on your cheek to show off to everyone else ... <_<

Clark

As GRAW is a game set in the future, any bullpup design would be using forward ejection - current example F2000 Or maybe caseless ammo as with the MR-C.

fn_tw_f2000_std_r.gif

Edited by Belfast Boy

...Although I say this and the military is looking at french weapons. How would the french know a good weapon?

Ummm... I believe you are talking about the FN SCAR. FN=Fabrique Nationale, which is based in Herstal, Belguim, not France. MAS=Manufacture d'Armes de St-Etienne, located in France. The FA=Fusil d'Assaut, is just about the only exception to your statement about French arms though- being one of the only French weapons to see use outside of France or the former empire.

Yes my bad I always get FN mixed up with being france instead of belgum.

Did H&K make the mags longer perhaps? In those pics they look a bit to long for some reason ... maybe they added some length so that you can actually load 30 rounds into them reliably?

In my own comparisons they are almost identical. I am also of the opinion that they work quite well :)

Considered by users in elite US military and law enforcement units as the best and most reliable M16-style magazine in the world, the new Heckler & Koch High-Reliability 30-Round Steel Magazine is designed for use in any U.S. M16/M4/AR15-style rifle, and any weapon that utilizes this NATO standard magazine. This curved 30-round magazine provides a substantial improvement (30- 50%) during extensive reliability and durability testing. The superior function of the magazine was validated during three separate tests of the L85/L86 with the British MoD in arctic, jungle, and desert environments during the firing of more than 1/2 million rounds.

The HK High-Reliability 30-Round Steel Magazine features a well executed design, select materials, special anti-friction surface finish, advanced spring material, attention to production tolerances, and steel magazine housing and follower. HK also offers this magazine with a proprietary HK �€œMaritime�€� anticorrosion coating.

hk_maritme_steel.jpg

Edited to ad some reading on the HK416 including comments by Larry Vickers, also comments on the use of HK Magazines and the HK416 by current SOF

HK-PRO HK416

Edited by Whisper_44

It would be nice to have some of the m4/m16 variants in the game. I know this is called Advanced Warfighter taking place in the future where the M4/M16 will probably not be still in use but hey the more options the better. M4+Silencer+Scope (maybe GL)= pwned.

the scar is basically an improved m4. except now it's offered in the 2 standard calibers 5.57 and 7.62. so your desire for an m4+silencer+scope is basically the scar h +silencer+reddot.

regardless the m4/m16 will probably be in use for the forseeable future at least for the standard military. the special ops groups will see newer weapons but an enormous purchase for the standard military won't come very soon.

It appears that GRAW works on the supposition that the M8 has by then been fielded as a replacement for the M16/M4. The standard carbine is the M8, as well as an optional M8 sidearm thingy. And all the friendly NPC AI's you see also carry M8's. So yeah, truth being whatever it may, the M8 is by GRAW's reasoning the standard infantry weapon for US armed forces in 2013.

I'd really like to see Colt go away completely from our inventory. H&K is the way to go. (Though FN has made some good weapons for us as well...)

HK416 is used by some US military right now...

forgot where i heard that but it was credible.

somehow i found a document on SOCOM or the department of defence or somthing ordering SCARs too... forgot where i found that aswell but it was pretty cool.

Edited by Prozac360

Maybe Grin could add a another set of weapons and allow the mexican side to use those and the Us the current weapons. They wouldn't need to do too much work since the animation for the weapons are done due to the AI carrying them. So basically they couls allow you to use the weapons the AI in Sp carries along with some other weapons.

I would think the Enemy weapons are actually not suitable for player uses.

I say this because the PSG1 in the other thread is really low poly compared to the weapons made for the player to use like the SCARs

The animations maybe lacking in detail aswell since they werent made for first person use.

I would think the Enemy weapons are actually not suitable for player uses.

I say this because the PSG1 in the other thread is really low poly compared to the weapons made for the player to use like the SCARs

The animations maybe lacking in detail aswell since they werent made for first person use.

ohhh