Speed hack

There was a speed hack being used by a player on the Euro 4 server tonight. Everybody spotted it. One of the players was moving so fast he was nearly impossible to shoot. I suggested we should report him and get his CD KEY banned (is this possible?). He said he has a CD KEY generator anyway. What a complete w****r!

I would have liked a KICKVOTE option. However, as usual, I got accused of cheating just because my score was 25-4. My accuser told me that this score was impossible :rambo: I would rather play against a hacker (nailed the ###### twice) than get kicked simply because I play too much :wall:

I remember in Battlefield 2 the players all voted to kick a server administrator/player :rofl: But he was using the Hotel expliot in the Kirkland map :o=:rolleyes:

MODERATOR EDIT: Do not bypass the swear filter.

edited by: zjj

I would have liked a KICKVOTE option. However, as usual, I got accused of cheating just because my score was 25-4. My accuser told me that this score was impossible :rambo: I would rather play against a hacker (nailed the fecker twice) than get kicked simply because I play too much :wall:

You do play too much, I see you all the time :P

Unfortunately this probably means you see me getting my butt handed to me quite a lot too. :wall:

Back on topic, when we do get proper admin control over these idiots, it'll be drinks on me, and Belfast Boy.

was he able to get kills though?

an app accelerator is probably the easiest cheat to use, and is at the same time easiest to spot. unless, of course, the speed advantage is minimal and then it could take a week for people to figure out what's up...

spectator mode will sure help identify these hooligans, but what use is it if you can't ban the ######... should we just ask GRIN not to release this upcoming patch anytime soon? i mean, if these things keep occuring, that ban button is suddenly the highest priority, isn't it...

I've seen mention more than once of the prospect of delaying the release of 1.21 (jigawatts?) until cheats are aaddressed. HECK WITH THAT! Anyone remember the 1.16-1.20 patch? DAYS apart, literally, and 1.20 merely fixed some issues with 1.16. Let's not go delaying anything...

BACK ON TOPIC- Haven't seen that cheat yet, and don't spend much time on the UBI pub's. Let's hope a solution presents itself before whatever cheat proliferates like Sarin nerve gas in the Middle East...

And, BACK OFF TOPIC- @Rocky- I WILL hold you guys to that drink... ;)

was he able to get kills though?

The speed hacker did seem to struggle on Suburbs. It was probably all a green blur to him :rofl:

However, he did manage to win one round in Hollow.

Hmmm.... moderator deleted a word that we Irish substitute for a swear word which uses the same letters as French Connection UK. Has he never seen Father Ted the comedy??? Father Jack uses the word all the time. The word I used is not even considered rude here :wall: Rhyms with Becker and begins with an F 0:) Wonder how much of this is going to get censored? Big Brother is watching me :tomato:

Anyone who uses speed to cheat will eventually come down, wonder why his jaw aches, spend hours gurning before finally managing to get some sleep, only to wake up with sever calcium deficiency before asking was it really worth it? :blink:

Anyone who uses speed to cheat will eventually come down, wonder why his jaw aches, spend hours gurning before finally managing to get some sleep, only to wake up with sever calcium deficiency before asking was it really worth it? :blink:

Well typed, fella!

This "speed-hack" can occure in two diffrent ways. One is that a user is running a program thet helps them gain speed. The other is that they are using a dual-core computer. There is a known bugg in the dual-core processor that some times things can go much faster then it should. This can happend without the players intention to cheat. This is a general problem that is not only showing up in GRAW. There is a fix to be downloaded at the processor developers homepage.

But I would not worry that much about speedhackers when the next patch is out. :g_guns:

I am running a dual-core processor and I've never been accused of cheating ...probably cause I suck so badly at this game lol......but seriously if I was gaining a slight speed advantage surely I would notice it when running along side a person on my team as I'd overtake them.

Personally I do like this game but I would like to see a capture the flag map brought out ....I'm an ex "Operation Flashpoint Resistance" player and just loved the CTF maps ...any of you who played this game online may remember me I'm "ETA-CaRnAgE"

I cant wait for Armed Assault to be released that game looks cool and will have plenty of CTF maps to keep me happy =)

I am running a dual-core processor and I've never been accused of cheating ...

I have a dual core processor and I get accused of cheating all the time :tomato:

...but I have run the AMD dual core software patch 0:)

The only problem I have is with my mouse speed occasionally doubling. Thought, it works fine when I restart the game.

But I would not worry that much about speedhackers when the next patch is out. :g_guns:

NICE. :g_withgrin::grin1:

Any closer estimate as to when that might be other than end of July or early August? That's like a 3 week spread. Just a question no biggie now get back to work. JK. :g_guns: