So where is the patch 1.21 or 1.30 or whatever they are going to call

If I remember right we had a GRIN (Willie?) saying (a while ago) that we could expect the patch late August?

Any way I don't think much is happening at GRIN at the moment because we're in the middle of swedish summer vaccations right now.

hey, I havent said anything about any release dates!:)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the testing required has been done or is being done.. excellent work.. if you need more time GRIN .. take it...

The better it is the better we all will be in the long run..

Oh, just remember you can't please everyone but I for one will be greatful no matter..

Thanks GRIN and Testers... Hey GRIN next time.. like the Aug Sep patch .. look me up if you need more input on testing.. I do it as a job to some degree.. not video games but programs none the less... anything I can do to help .. count me in..

I am like a kid waiting for Christmas.. can't wait..

' date='Jul 29 2006, 08:36 AM' post='403950']

How come a select few get to beta test the up and coming patch while the rest of us just sit here waiting?

Because if everyone tested it, it wouldn't be a test. It would be a patch. And then everyone would ###### and moan about how they released a patch that was untested!

LMAO

True enough

:g_withgrin:

I'm an [GR] player... started at the demo. This game has brought back some memories, but there's so much more that I've wanted out of it.

GRiN, keep up the dedication. With every patch this game is becoming more and more enjoyable. It doesn't need to be an [GR] clone -- we just want some of the best parts brought back, and I see you're doing your best. Hamburger Hill will be wonderful!!

So... can we get dedi and more people in coop by the end of August?

Thanks

oh... yeah, I know I've had a lot more posts on here.... in fact I had a really old forum account. I just can't remember what it was or what alias I was using back then. Shame on me....

Edited by feld

I love it when I ask GRIN for specific changes and additions to GRAW, and then actually find many of my requests incorporated in the game with new patches.

GRIN really does a great job of listening to us.

Now if I only can get them to extend the range we can see enemies and objects farther. At least 500 meters.

Maybe in an expansion pack sometime in the future.

I would like to thank GRIN for putting the Spectator mode in the game.

It was one of my top requests.

I cant comment on whats in the patch, other than what was publicized, but I am happy with what they have done so far.

I will say this though, I think the sounds in GRAW are great!

If I remember right we had a GRIN (Willie?) saying (a while ago) that we could expect the patch late August?

Any way I don't think much is happening at GRIN at the moment because we're in the middle of swedish summer vaccations right now.

hey, I havent said anything about any release dates! :)

My bad. Then I dunno who said it :)

But August is a month not a date ;) And it's also a name.... no matter; don't wanna start a rumour. Hopfully You'll be ready before September 1:st since we (Old Gents) will have a big LAN that weekend and I'm hoping to promote and play GR:AW co-op at it.

Ok, well how did Papa get it and the others?

We didn't sign up, we were asked to test it.

I can feel the flame throwers warming up already and taking aim my way... but...

So... were there any so-called whiners and complainers asked to beta test the patch, or just folks who are pro-GRiN?

I would think that having both sides of the controversy represented while testing this patch could result in a bit less "flair and bias" and a bit more realism on the feedback. Let's remember... some folks on this forum who saw GRAW pre-release were bringing bucket-loads of blind priase down from the mountain. I read those old posts now and laugh my butt off.

Marketing folks like to use positive people on tests because it skews the results forward. Engineers like to use anyone who has a few hours to kill.

-jk

Callsign 3Point

So... were there any so-called whiners and complainers asked to beta test the patch, or just folks who are pro-GRiN?

I believe Papa6 is a tester, and from what I've seen (although I may be wrong with this) he kept telling himself he liked GRAW at first, then started to dislike the game and talk it down, say it was trash, things like that. Now, he's excited. And if it can win someone over who seemed completely honest (liking the game, then coming to terms with the way it was, then liking it again after testing the patch), then I still have plenty of hope.

*sighs* This feels just like the whole Tribes: Vengeance fiasco now.

No patch for an entire month - just promises and a pair of renders. Next thing we hear is going to be "UBIsoft has dropped support for lastest Ghost Recon for PC, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. Continued support is planned for the console version. . ."

I would think that having both sides of the controversy represented while testing this patch could result in a bit less "flair and bias" and a bit more realism on the feedback.

It seems like a good thought, but I would assume that whiners dislike the game, and thus aren't playing the game regularly. If I were UBI, I wouldn't want people who are NOT playing the game involved in testing. I would want the people who KNOW the game well already. It's not a focus group -- it's a bug test.

*sighs* This feels just like the whole Tribes: Vengeance fiasco now.

No patch for an entire month - just promises and a pair of renders. Next thing we hear is going to be "UBIsoft has dropped support for lastest Ghost Recon for PC, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. Continued support is planned for the console version. . ."

C'mon, Snoop. They've had about as strong of a patch schedule since release as any of us has a right to hope for. What's happened since release indicates continued support, not cancellation of support. We all just need a little more patience. The new patch is right around the corner. TDM is right around the corner. Hamburger Hill is right around the corner. They were bug-testing the patch over the weekend. Give it a couple more weeks. :thumbsup:

C'mon, Snoop. They've had about as strong of a patch schedule since release as any of us has a right to hope for. What's happened since release indicates continued support, not cancellation of support. We all just need a little more patience. The new patch is right around the corner. TDM is right around the corner. Hamburger Hill is right around the corner. They were bug-testing the patch over the weekend. Give it a couple more weeks. :thumbsup:

Give it a couple more weeks? :huh: Please tell me that is a joke!!!! This patch was suppose to be out in July....i dont mind waiting till first week of august but a couple weeks puts it mid august and thus pushes the next patch back even farther...... :wall:

Give it a couple more weeks? :huh: Please tell me that is a joke!!!! This patch was suppose to be out in July....i dont mind waiting till first week of august but a couple weeks puts it mid august and thus pushes the next patch back even farther...... :wall:

who said? i don't remember reading anywhere that said it was due out in July. I read end of july early august which still gives it more time. I love all you people who act like grin/ubi owes you something. what are you gonna do if it's not out today or even next week? Nothin, just ###### some more. people need to ###### and take what they're given or not buy the game.

who said? i don't remember reading anywhere that said it was due out in July. I read end of july early august which still gives it more time. I love all you people who act like grin/ubi owes you something. what are you gonna do if it's not out today or even next week? Nothin, just ###### some more. people need to ###### and take what they're given or not buy the game.

Where? How bout here!!!!.... http://ghostrecon.com/us/archives.php

Hang on! The second MP Pack, currently slated to release in July for free, will introduce the Team Deathmatch mode as well as one of the most popular [Ghost Recon] MP modes! Expect also plenty other adding and improvements. More info to come soon.

Then they changed it to end of july to beginning of august. Now if we have to wait another 2 weeks...that wouldnt be beginning of august now would it.....nope...more like middle.

Simple fact is....if they cant meet the deadline then they shouldnt make one.

Edited by }PW{ Postal

Where? How bout here!!!!.... http://ghostrecon.com/us/archives.php

Hang on! The second MP Pack, currently slated to release in July for free, will introduce the Team Deathmatch mode as well as one of the most popular [Ghost Recon] MP modes! Expect also plenty other adding and improvements. More info to come soon.

Then they changed it to end of july to beginning of august. Now if we have to wait another 2 weeks...that wouldnt be beginning of august now would it.....nope...more like middle.

Would you rather have a buggy patch... or a working patch? Remember .... that is how it got released unfinished in the 1st place... short deadline.

Hang on! The second MP Pack, currently slated to release in July for free,

The simple fact is that this is to be expected with game a patch releases. If you're a gamer, and you get upset every time a game or patch is delayed, prepare to be upset for the rest of your life. Don't go postal. :) (Note: we need a knee-slap emoticon.)

Right now, we have:

This pack is still in development, aiming for a release at the end of July or beginning of August.

A delay from "end of July" to "end of July or beginning of August" is not that big of a deal.

Will it delay the September release? Maybe. Maybe not. I'd rather it be as good as it can be whenever it's released, regardless of the delay.

As far as not announcing release dates if you can't keep them -- we already know they can't keep them. There will be delays. However, would ANYONE be okay with no projected release dates? I doubt it. It is what it is -- par for the course in the gaming industry. We've dealt with it before; we'll deal with it again. We'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Roco,

I understand that to a certain degree but i bet UBI asked Grin if they could make that deadline first.

Anyways, I have never said anything bad about Grin...i have always tried to keep the faith and be patient. I knew when i bought the game that it wasnt finished and that content would be added later. All i have to go on is what UBI and Grin tell me but im the type that dont like being mislead even if it is only by a few weeks.

When they said the patch was coming in July i was like ok, cool... i only have to wait one month...then they changed it to end of July to beginning of August. That irritated me but what can i do right? Well now there is speculation of another couple weeks......The only thing i ask is to do what you say your gonna do...thats a pretty simple request. If there is a dought then dont ever say your gonna do it by that time.

No i dont want a bug ridden patch and if they had never said it would be out in July then it wouldnt be bothering me.

Anyways...im glad to see a few of you guys still have faith but when i start getting lied to then my faith is gone...sorry..thats just the way im built.