rendering mini map

RINGPULL

hi guys having probs with rendering mini map :angry: .

the maps i have done work ok with no hole's

but the minimaps never render's all of it, allways some missing blocks :unsure:

the maps i have done are the same both end as in mirror of each udder.

also deleted the tag file a few times but still the same out come :huh:

i even did a 5 hour render with new sky to c if that would work but no go :wall:

only thing i can think it is , is i started off the map to big and cut it down to size

after i had already rendered then i did another render could this b the prob ?.

hi guys having probs with rendering mini map :angry: .

the maps i have done work ok with no hole's

but the minimaps never render's all of it, allways some missing blocks :unsure:

the maps i have done are the same both end as in mirror of each udder.

also deleted the tag file a few times but still the same out come :huh:

i even did a 5 hour render with new sky to c if that would work but no go :wall:

only thing i can think it is , is i started off the map to big and cut it down to size

after i had already rendered then i did another render could this b the prob ?.

1) Try deleting the <mapname>.tga in the folder, it doesn't re-create the minimap if it already exists.

2) Ensure the white square that you see when you fly up in the editor while in the multiplayer layer is larger than your map. If you need to make it bigger several other posts cover the details of this.

3) Do this before your final render/export, you'll get a much nicer mini-map that way.

What he is talking about is the minimap having black/blue areas in the minimap. I have gotten this before and have found no way of getting rid of it. The minimap does get re-rendered (lightmaps change) so deleting it doesn't really solve any purpose. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Alex is right, the dark mini map has to to with the placement of the white spheres in multiplayer in the editor. Also, if the white spheres arent in thr right corners then the direction of the arrow on the mini map can move backwards. Like alex said, there is some posts on here about how to edit the location of the spheres. Its kind of a pain in the butt and really should be addressed by Grin.

thanks postal,

have gone down that road,i did search of the fourm's b4 i posted.

have u two guys had the same prob and fixed it ?

still trying to figure it out. am doing another map without deleting any think.

will post out come finger's X.

Yup yup,

I had the exact same issue and was able to get it fixed. Let me see if i can find the post that i used to get mine fixed.

Edit... Here are 2 posts that i used to help me.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...amp;hl=mini+map

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...amp;hl=mini+map

Its kind of a pain but it is very possible and after you have done it once...you wont have as much trouble doing it a second time. If you have any questions i will try to help. Good luck

Edited by }PW{ Postal

hi postal did all that i will have to get a pic of the mini map to show ya.

as i said did all that with the white spheres the mini map is not dark just some block missing.

white spheres thing is much bigger than the map ,and i have tryed it at diff sizes.

i did search of the fourm's b4 i posted :)

thaks for the info.

-Athenian' date='Jul 25 2006, 10:06 PM' post='403131']

What he is talking about is the minimap having black/blue areas in the minimap. I have gotten this before and have found no way of getting rid of it. The minimap does get re-rendered (lightmaps change) so deleting it doesn't really solve any purpose. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.