I need help with adding sewer system, please

cobbbbbb

I add the sewer entrance, the top part is at ground level and the other is below ground. But when I go to add the next section of straight sewer it's at ground level not underground. How do I get it down to meet the first section?

Thanks in advance for your help

I add the sewer entrance, the top part is at ground level and the other is below ground. But when I go to add the next section of straight sewer it's at ground level not underground. How do I get it down to meet the first section?

I believe you need to choose a static object (as in your case - sewer) then hold the shift key down and use the arrows to raise or lower the section that you are adding. You do this before you right click and add it.

I believe you need to choose a static object (as in your case - sewer) then hold the shift key down and use the arrows to raise or lower the section that you are adding. You do this before you right click and add it.

You don't need to use the shift key. Also, if you hit F12 first to open the console, it will report the level you move to as you use the up/down arrow keys to adjust static altitude placement.

Sewers generally live at -750 if you're building your map on the default 0 plane. The sewer cross large, sewer entrance, and sewer stairs (piece with building on top) live at 0 instead of -750 since parts of them exist "up top"... be careful about placing statics over these pieces.

I made a map with sewers in it called [99]-Industrial. The entrance is ground level and stairs are also ground level. Everything else should be below. I'm still trying to figure out the bunkers from ghetto set. Can't seem to get them to line up properly.

Well I have seen the bunkers in a custom map already. I don't remember the name but it seemed to be working properly. I didn't pay much attention to them at the time because it was way before I started to try and use them in my own maps.

-Athenian' date='Jul 27 2006, 05:57 PM' post='403639']

Well I have seen the bunkers in a custom map already. I don't remember the name but it seemed to be working properly. I didn't pay much attention to them at the time because it was way before I started to try and use them in my own maps.

Bunkers were used in Hard Point, however, Hard Point reuses the giant static mesh from mission 4 that the bunkers were specifically designed to fit into, there no real other place they'll work without a lot of messing around, and you'll still end up with something that looks like hell.