AW02 LOADING STATION (DM, DOM, TDM)

Tom_Anger

Available in the gr.net download section. The same download exists using the link below to a generic fansite I made. The map has some slight open battle areas, but some of that is because there are sewers underground which may be the better choice for cover. If any issues are reported I will update, but for now have a go at it.

G.R.A.W. Fansite

aw02_loadingstation.jpg

Edited by Tom_Anger

Tom, great work just like your first map, I can't wait to play it on a nice full server!

I'd like to point out two things though...

In bravo there are a few "floating" trees.

And more of an FYI... shipping containers (and dumpsters, and many other objects) have alternate version textures. You access these by using a dropdown in the menu in the object box (down in lower left) when a prop is selected.

I really like the exit signs in the sewers, and the layout of the map, lots of maneuver room and plenty of cover. Good stuff.

Can't wait to see your next one.

Tom, great work just like your first map, I can't wait to play it on a nice full server!

I'd like to point out two things though...

In bravo there are a few "floating" trees.

And more of an FYI... shipping containers (and dumpsters, and many other objects) have alternate version textures. You access these by using a dropdown in the menu in the object box (down in lower left) when a prop is selected.

I really like the exit signs in the sewers, and the layout of the map, lots of maneuver room and plenty of cover. Good stuff.

Can't wait to see your next one.

Thanks for the info on floating trees and container info. The reason for the floating trees is probably because I had those planters and the rendering left them with multi-colors (not industrial types I guess) so I removed them on all trees and saw that they were on the ground, but I must have missed some. Nice to see you give some info. I can work with people like that. Hope I can return the favor some day. I just went through the map in a few minutes and modified flat cars, containers, etc. I never played with those settings before. Also - what do the static check boxes for buildings do? I am talking about those that mention force light, light on..... I am going to turn those on and see, but figured I would also ask, lol.

Edited by Tom_Anger

Also - what do the static check boxes for buildings do? I am talking about those that mention force light, light on..... I am going to turn those on and see, but figured I would also ask, lol.

The lighting switches haven't been perfectly consitent, however, in general this is what we've determined...

Depending on the day/night selection when first creating a map, this little chart seems to be how things operate....

Light On	  Force Light	 Expected Result

Day		 Off			   Off			 Off

Day		 On				Off			 Off

Day		 On				On			  On

Night	   Off			   Off			 Off

Night	   On				Off			 On

Night	   On				On			  On

Some statics don't behave (historical gas station for example), and there's the odd other occasional quirk. but in general that's how I noticed them behaving.

Edited by AlexSledge

The map has a version V1.1 which includes fixed trees and bushes, more graffiti, turned train car with debris, more detail in the sewers (mostly soot), and a different lightoing scheme. I anticipate this being hosted by SCE this weekend as they try to run the custom maps on the weekends at the moment. I will try to make sure they have this V1.1 running. Thanks guys.