Want and need Grin Approval before I use Strong Point map?

Obmanta

Hi all,

I an 3 days away from changing the Mission 04 Strong Point map into a Team Death Match map.

I have removed the scripting needed for the map and have left everything else.

I have also sectioned off extra areas of the map to make it a little smaller for use in TDM.

I do not feel comfortable yet about releasing the TDM map unless I get approval to use it.

I want to make sure I do things right by them.

So......

Grin, can I use our map and modify it only for the purpose of creating an TDM, DM, and Domination versions of it?

Rocky and or Grin_Wille, I know you guys are on here alot. Let me know if you think there are any other channels I need to go through for this to happen.

Thanks,

Obmanta

Hi all,

I an 3 days away from changing the Mission 04 Strong Point map into a Team Death Match map.

I have also sectioned off extra areas of the map to make it a little smaller for use in TDM.

I do not feel comfortable yet about releasing the TDM map unless I get approval to use it.

So......

Grin, can I use our map and modify it only for the purpose of creating an TDM, DM, and Domination versions of it?

Rocky and or Grin_Wille, I know you guys are on here alot. Let me know if you think there are any other channels I need to go through for this to happen.

Thanks,

Obmanta

I've already released a version of the map as a Domination map.... I figure according to the license UBI owns everything created with the editor anyway, how is reusing those resources any different.

If you haven't read the license agreement for the editor and want to complain about it, start another thread (i.e. don't hijack this one).

Hi all,

So......

Thanks,

Obmanta

I've already released a version of the map as a Domination map.... I figure according to the license UBI owns everything created with the editor anyway, how is reusing those resources any different.

If you haven't read the license agreement for the editor and want to complain about it, start another thread (i.e. don't hijack this one).

I don't like stepping on other peoples toes. I want to do things the right way, so I ask.

I figure the last statement wasn't meant for me and I agree with Alex don't flame.

Obmanta

You're not making any money by modding an existing map and releasing it, so I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to do it.

The game is made to be moddable and all the content in it can be seen as pieces to build new stuff with - including any single map as a whole. I don't think you even need to ask.