The saddest part

if im not having fun in the next patch... im selling it.

i dont even have it installed right now... and really dont miss it either

I hear ya, brother. I "shelf-wared" GRAW waiting for the "next cool" patch to come along.

So [GR] and BF2 are getting my time these days.

By the way, to everyone else... yes... I know GRAW isn't [GR]. That isn't necessarily my point when I say I don't like GRAW. My point is: I don't like GRAW.

If they had taken the Ghost Recon name off and simply called it "Advanced Warfighter" I would never have plunked down $50 the first day. I would have visited the web, checked out the reviews... done my research. I would never have bought the game based upon what I've read (and of course, what I've experienced hands-on, but that wouldn't have been possible).

I like BF2 and it's expansion packs. I'm not MARRIED to [GR]. I simply dislike GRAW, for a multitude of reasons. That's it. Pure and simple.

Now, if you read my signature you'll know what I would REALLY REALLY like for Christmas. Perhaps not 2007... but you get the idea. :)

-JK

Callsign 3Point

well, even if they release all the patches, the game still isn't GR. The way is plays, the action isn't at all GR. I haven't played AW in like 3 weeks or more.I don't EVEN miss it.

All I can say is, the way UBI does games, it too will lose the strength and be bought by someone else. I could care less about the new graphics look, what is it? diffused lighting? and it has more jaggies than a hookers mouth. :huh:

so i can slide. big whoop dee do.

Ghost recon this ain't!

I WAS supposed to beta test the next patch but i filled out their stupid online survey and sent it in. but i get an email they are waiting for my survey and if THAT is any indication of how jacked up UBI is, then AW isn't going to produce jack-######!

I find spending my time learning Linux to be more difficult but yet more fun and more up front then AW. I don't plan on spending anymore of my hard earned cash on UBI titles if these games are their pride and joy... :rofl:

Papa.

Well you overcomed the 1st hurdle. To have fun in this game you have to realize it's not GR. It's based on the same theme and has some small likenesses but it's not GR. To have fun in this game (which it is very fun) you have to put GR1 behind you. Once you quit comparing and realize the potential which GRin in each patch is upping the bar in, you will see it in a new light. Check out the mod section... I am betting there is things in there to your liking.

One mans trash is another mans treasure. glad you like AW. have fun!

Now, if you read my signature you'll know what I would REALLY REALLY like for Christmas. Perhaps not 2007... but you get the idea. :)

half the [GR] maps, maybe more, can't be reproduced in GRAW for a very stupid reason - there is no fog in GRAW. and without it the map design is obsolete.

you know how the density of fog was different for every map? like on Castle Day, when you get inside the structure you can barely see the other side... if you can't create that exact fog thickness with AW, the map won't work very well. now try to remember Ghost Town, Tank, all the Island Thunder maps... no fog = no [GR] maps.

I understand, I had some pretty thick fog in one of my maps on GRAW but had to pull it cause if you threw a nade the dang thing would fall to your feet and boom...lol I think in the map editor it is called "Effect cloud" But you are right...fog definitly adds to the game...sucks we cant use it.

Edited by }PW{ Postal

no fog is clearly a bad thing... You could do cool change of weather mixed with the fog to make a change in visibility in the [GR]... now the only visibility thing is that huge box that move around you.

Bah, anyway i don't play [GR] anymore, so lets enjoy graw...

side note: i started playing [GR] Team vs Team for a year, then i found out about Igor and then i got addicted to making missions and coop so i jumped the fence. But now i am jam on the adversarial side of the fence because you can't make coop stuff for the moment.................

Edited by Attila

well, even if they release all the patches, the game still isn't GR. The way is plays, the action isn't at all GR. I haven't played AW in like 3 weeks or more.I don't EVEN miss it.

All I can say is, the way UBI does games, it too will lose the strength and be bought by someone else. I could care less about the new graphics look, what is it? diffused lighting? and it has more jaggies than a hookers mouth. :huh:

so i can slide. big whoop dee do.

Ghost recon this ain't!

I WAS supposed to beta test the next patch but i filled out their stupid online survey and sent it in. but i get an email they are waiting for my survey and if THAT is any indication of how jacked up UBI is, then AW isn't going to produce jack-######!

I find spending my time learning Linux to be more difficult but yet more fun and more up front then AW. I don't plan on spending anymore of my hard earned cash on UBI titles if these games are their pride and joy... :rofl:

Papa.

Well you overcomed the 1st hurdle. To have fun in this game you have to realize it's not GR. It's based on the same theme and has some small likenesses but it's not GR. To have fun in this game (which it is very fun) you have to put GR1 behind you. Once you quit comparing and realize the potential which GRin in each patch is upping the bar in, you will see it in a new light. Check out the mod section... I am betting there is things in there to your liking.

that's a problem with a lot of people... GR was their first online shooter, and in the cases where they didn't get into any other game before AW, the heartbreak is irrepairable. they should let people marry to games! then you just get a nice clean divorce and move on. :P

Not the first..but still the best tactical shooter to date.

not the first. but GR was revolutionary. I have NEVER in my 15+ years seen such a following for one Game.

no MP game was ever the same. people actually learned strategies for each map. each game was an exciting adventure. the ladders, The biggest thing that i liked about GR wasn't the game itself but the friendships forged.*sigh*

Mem'ries,

of the tracers in the night

Misty cold mornings and nights

Of the way we were

Scattered bodies,

Of the enemies we left behind

the shots we took at one another

For the way we were

:rofl: OMG... I need a break.... :blink: