The saddest part

I know GRAW is not doing so well on the MP side but here is a pretty devastateing point. Graw maybe has 100 players at most online maybe more maybe less and the PC demo for the original HALO HAS APPROXIMATLEY 800 PLAYERS. that is a pretty old game not to mention A DEMO and more people play that. Any Differences dont matter thats sad.

I know GRAW is not doing so well on the MP side but here is a pretty devastateing point. Graw maybe has 100 players at most online maybe more maybe less and the PC demo for the original HALO HAS APPROXIMATLEY 800 PLAYERS. that is a pretty old game not to mention A DEMO and more people play that. Any Differences dont matter thats sad.

If anything that should sum up how much of a failure this has truely become. When I first found out about GRAW I was like a kid in the candy store as Ive played the whole series. Yes this game has its good points and its all be it frustrating fun factor. But over all It has been a let down and people will not only sit by and hope "THE NEXT PATCH" will make things all better. Its like ubi just said "lets just use the name and hope people go for it" Im not sure why but the whole thing has gone to heck. rainbow6, ghost recon god knows maybe splinter cell will be next. Im not sure how gaming with these titles that were king of the hill at one time has manage to be in the sewers but it has. There is only one to blame and its UBI but they have the power to make and keep these games great instead they have just ataken the easy road and STOLE our money and laughed all the way to the bank. Yes the games may look better to the eyes and have all these cool features and affect but some where the true art of making a game that draws you in and want to finish and eveen play again has been lost.

Well, from looking at the custom map download section and how many have downloaded custom maps, even just on this site shows an average between 700 to 1000 players that are playing or are getting ready to play MP and thats just from this site....there are quite a few other sites that host the same map list and they also have a good size download number. Now i know these numbers arent great but atleast they are more than the numbers we see on gamespy.

I think in September when the game will be more polished, and people will come back from vacation there might be more player around, but i must admit the number of player is kinda depressing.

I hope that when team Deathmatch and when the editor can finally make some coop new mission that might bring some player back and attract more player.

I find it more funny than sad. When you think about it, I think the numbers would dwindle more when Summer is over. Wait until the teens begin school and Adults begin college.

:o:o There are ADULTS in college?! WHEN DID THIS CHANGE?!?!?!?!?!

i wonder who migrates to the other side more, adversarial players or coop? personally, i started out in GR as a purely team vs. team player, and was never tempted to start playing against a few lines of code, but perhaps some players have done that? i never heard of it though... as a matter of fact, since the release of GRAW the thought of joinning a coop game hasn't even crossed my mind, so i never tried it, i kid you not.

regular coop players, on the other hand, jump over the fence quite often, from what i've seen. i guess they first have to realize the level of intensity is just not the same, compared to playing live people. this is why GRIN working on coop should be just as important to us adversarial players down the line...

The lack of people playing this game speaks volumes! As does the volumes of people playing certain games (Halo, Unreal, SC, Diablo, NWN) that are 3+ years old.

I'm afraid that a change in season or any upcoming patch will not be able defibrillate this game.

there are a few more things to consider besides the current lack of players...

ubi/gamespy know exactly how many copies of the game are out there and how many people have logged into an online game(one of the reasons why we haven't got direct ip or any other game browser compatibility). we've already been asked to suggest some environments for an expansion pack, and now there's talk of a sequel coming. what they're witnessing right now is a lot of people giving it a go online for a few hours and not returning untill the next patch.

a lot of people are waiting to get the right rig, some are just on vacation. plus the fact that it's impossible to ladder and enjoy it, so the few clans that do exist(meaning those playing the game every day still) aren't very attractive to many. soon enough the standalone files will improve the situation with the servers, and then clans will involve new people, who will spread the word and so on and so on.

did i mention the games you listed will run on a toaster?

Can`t you people get a grip?

If you don`t like it, don`t play it.

Constuctive critisim is welcome, but if you know better games, then go play them.

Tinker

:blink:

I like the game and play it... but that doesn't change the fact that not many people play it. It's an issue of empirical evidence. This issue troubles me as a GR/GRAW fan, so I think it's okay to comment about it.

Edited by =VR= dr_awesome

I have found online that if I stay in the smaller servers 12-15 people max I have a great time...unless someone is hacking.

I think this game has raised the bar on fps...even with all the problems I hope they patch this game and make it the best it can be.

I have never really played a ghost game before this because of the third person thing but this game has me hooked.

Keep patching this puppy and show its true potential.

Can`t you people get a grip?

If you don`t like it, don`t play it.

Constuctive critisim is welcome, but if you know better games, then go play them.

Tinker

:blink:

I like the game and play it... but that doesn't change the fact that not many people play it. It's an issue of empirical evidence. This issue troubles me as a GR/GRAW fan, so I think it's okay to comment about it.

Throw a dog a bone?

Agree with you, but let the game at least finish releasing it`s patches, then it will be said.

:P

well, even if they release all the patches, the game still isn't GR. The way is plays, the action isn't at all GR. I haven't played AW in like 3 weeks or more.I don't EVEN miss it.

All I can say is, the way UBI does games, it too will lose the strength and be bought by someone else. I could care less about the new graphics look, what is it? diffused lighting? and it has more jaggies than a hookers mouth. :huh:

so i can slide. big whoop dee do.

Ghost recon this ain't!

I WAS supposed to beta test the next patch but i filled out their stupid online survey and sent it in. but i get an email they are waiting for my survey and if THAT is any indication of how jacked up UBI is, then AW isn't going to produce jack-######!

I find spending my time learning Linux to be more difficult but yet more fun and more up front then AW. I don't plan on spending anymore of my hard earned cash on UBI titles if these games are their pride and joy... :rofl:

well, even if they release all the patches, the game still isn't GR. The way is plays, the action isn't at all GR. I haven't played AW in like 3 weeks or more.I don't EVEN miss it.

All I can say is, the way UBI does games, it too will lose the strength and be bought by someone else. I could care less about the new graphics look, what is it? diffused lighting? and it has more jaggies than a hookers mouth. :huh:

Ghost recon this ain't!

I WAS supposed to beta test the next patch but i filled out their stupid online survey and sent it in. but i get an email they are waiting for my survey and if THAT is any indication of how jacked up UBI is, then AW isn't going to produce jack-######!

I find spending my time learning Linux to be more difficult but yet more fun and more up front then AW. I don't plan on spending anymore of my hard earned cash on UBI titles if these games are their pride and joy... :rofl:

Papa.

Well you overcomed the 1st hurdle. To have fun in this game you have to realize it's not GR. It's based on the same theme and has some small likenesses but it's not GR. To have fun in this game (which it is very fun) you have to put GR1 behind you. Once you quit comparing and realize the potential which GRin in each patch is upping the bar in, you will see it in a new light. Check out the mod section... I am betting there is things in there to your liking.

Ghost recon this ain't!

Papa.

Well you overcomed the 1st hurdle. To have fun in this game you have to realize it's not GR. It's based on the same theme and has some small likenesses but it's not GR. To have fun in this game (which it is very fun) you have to put GR1 behind you. Once you quit comparing and realize the potential which GRin in each patch is upping the bar in, you will see it in a new light. Check out the mod section... I am betting there is things in there to your liking.

that's a problem with a lot of people... GR was their first online shooter, and in the cases where they didn't get into any other game before AW, the heartbreak is irrepairable. they should let people marry to games! then you just get a nice clean divorce and move on. :P

if im not having fun in the next patch... im selling it.

i dont even have it installed right now... and really dont miss it either

btw i played R6, CS... and went with R6 over CS.... then GR demo came out and the obsession started.

Edited by Prozac360