Will AW recover?

I don't know how all the other clans and groups are doing, but my group just decided to play Guild Wars, so it looks like they are done waiting for GR:AW to get finished :(

I, personally, still have hopes, but I won't be playing it with my regular group of online friends. :(

Keep in mind, this is a group of people that played the R6 and GR games for years together, as well as other MMO's. We all wanted a good tac shooter to compete in, but they decided they didn't find that in GR:AW.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the game WILL become very successful. Besides, most of the "issues" about the game have been about having more "user options", game modes, hot-keys, game saves,etc. It has not been about the content of how the game is played. These patches, as they are referred to, have only enhanced the gamer experience, and have NOT reduced the level of difficulty or made missions easier to play. Which is a good thing, IMHO.

They have added the things WE the community have asked for, and are getting.

While I agree, that the SP/Co-Op side seemed to be a little more advanced than the MP side, GRIN is working on enhancing MP too!

I also would like to see "quick-saves", and increase number of Co-Op players, more game 'modes', and better control of the AI, and I am willing to be patient.

Besides they said that over the summer months there would be additional content and patches. I think they have come a long way.

They are listening.........................................I believe it will be successful.

kingkat

what shoudl be done is turning the game more like BF2, there is the money and there is a chance as BF2 is dying and nothing there to replace it yet

I will have to disagree with you on this. One of the biggest complaints is the fact that Domination mode is too much like BF2.

I will aslo disagree with all the people that say its dead. If its dead, why are you here posting? If it was your last post on these forums, or anyother GRAW forums, I would believe you, but you all are still here everyday contributing to the forums for some reason or another. And the only reason i can think of, is because you see the game is not dead and trying to help fix it.

Now if you honestly believe the game to be dead and are still here, there are only a few reason for that, and none of them are good.

i know about the complains, but the fact is that BF2 sold far over 1.5 million copys, when it was top of top of its popularity there where over 50k players on MP at any point trough the day, every day

probaly there where more ppl paying $150/mo for a bf2-server then in total customers would not buy the game because its like bf2

it was a bad move trying to make the already unhappy few old fans happy, and at the same time lose a million potential customers

i my self ONLY buyes the game because i was thinking it will be more like bf2, i cant stand CS and i never likes the old GR series, so with sadness my copy will go on ebay in the next few weeks

every one is ounhappy now , both type of players abanden the game because its in between of 2 gaming styles

the old GR fans are complaing, but most ppl buying this game by mistake like me usualy not complaing but intead sell the game again and go back to bf2, thats why you hear so much less from the other side, i heard numeroud times before that ohh if GRAW would be like bf2 i would be right there

there are planty of games like CS, but (so far) only 1 bf2, thats why the money is there, old fans bring less money then the new fans would

Edited by siiix

The game is dead period. People who come here and post about it, come here to voice their disappointment and reply to posts. That doesn't mean that the game isn't dead as Judge puts it. There's a difference between playing the game and coming here to post about it. This game is done and no patches could make it any better as past patches have shown.

Edited by intelfactor

Ok Ill respond.

Siix - this game was never meant to be, come close to being, or even try to be a BF2 clone. It was meant to be a tactical shooter. I understand BF2 sold alot of copies, and had more player, but that is not the mrket GRAW is in. So while they might have been happy to attract some BF2 players, their goal was not to have a cookie cutter game that resembled a game already out.

Im sorry you did not like [GR], as millions of other people did. And Im sure you would of spoke up if someone came in the BF2 forums and said " BF2 would be a better game if they would have made it like [GR]". I seriously doubt you would like that idea, as most of us dont like yous of making GRAW a BF2 clone.

intelfactor - The next few words have been mentioned in here more than a few times. If the game is dead to you and you are disappointed, say so and move on. Coming in here and posting everyday to try and sway ppl to your side of the arguement does not help. I know you will deny doing this as everyone would, but honestly, the only reason i can think why you would keep coming back in here is either to sway people in your direction of thinking, your bored and have nothing else to do, you truly want this game to be better but are afraid to admit it because of all the other negative posts you have made, or you just like coming here to see how many other people feel the same way you do, so you feel better about the decision you made.

It could well be another reason that I missed, but the point is, we get you dont like it, and that it is dead to you, and if this is the case, please. I beg you to go find another forum to post in that does appeal to your senses.

I know I have no right to to tell you to post somewhere else, or tell you to stop posting negative things, but if you keep doing so, the only choice I have is too look at the reasons i stated above for you still coming here, choose one, and and form an opinion. Its only human, as I assume you have an opinion of me being a fanboy or whatever.

I hope you find a game that makes you happy, I honestly do, and if this game is not doing it for ya, the only thing you can do is move on. Its kinda like you have broken up with a girlfriend, but you still call her everynight to tell her how bad she was. Its pointless. Say it once, find a new girl.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

My feeling is that TIME will NOT work in the gmaes favour, as some ppl are suggesting.

The longer it takes to get thsi game right, then:

a) the more ppl will get frustrated and give up on the game.

b) the more chance there is that another game like ArmA, AA, OE2 and whateva else is out there will come along and pull disgruntled players away from GRAW.

c) God pray that they get the COOP editor right in the next patch, and TDM, because if they fail then it is definitely GAME OVER GRAW.

@those who think graw is dead

it is probably dead for you,

but then again, some think stones are alive

and i think this game is still breathing, it surely is for me

patches will make the game better and more complete

why not come back when all is patched ?

with all that is prommised and all that has been told was true (read ubi patch info and grin posts)

it is your patients that is dead, not graw !

@ POW

people who loved [GR] will come back when all patching is done to have a look, (for what ever reason)

and when other games come out they will not make the heavy comparisment with [GR]

but then again they will not forget that there is GRAW and need to take a look at things

look at the peopel staying here and complaining, everyone here is eager to see this game make it (some not admitting it but why stay if there is no hope ?), so what if it is slow, have you seen any lies from grin or ubi about the patches ? ?

[GR] gametypes will come during the following months that is soon enough for people to remember graw

Edited by sui317

why is this always have to be a clone , if i talk about "like a game" i do not mean clone

why you guys that want the game "like" CS or [GR] do you want simply a clone?

i'm sure not, we all expect to get a better game with new ideas but in a the same gene

so ok if GRAW is a tactical shooter

what is bf2 ? war simulator

and CS and [GR] ? FPS

in that case i was right because a tactical shooter is exactly between those 2

don’t get me wrong i did not say that [GR] was bad, i did not like it , as i don’t like CS, its just to simple for me, and to fast (kill after kill)

BTW if you take the vehicles out BF2 then it becomes a tactical shooter as well (IMO) and that most BF2's do like to do (infantry only)

so IMO GRAW was aiming in that direction, but did not wanted to take the risk making the fans of the GR series to upset so they came up with this

and I’m still saying with GRAW engine, this unbelievably awesome maps, and some of the great features GRAW does have, GRAW would have sold to most of the BF2 community if they just would had guts to do what they originally wanted to do

A lot of people who do like GRAW also want to see improvements.

Check the history: The pc crowd waited for GR2. The consoles got it, we did not. The Ubisoft site even made a special forum for “Ghost Recon 2 – PC version”.

Promises, delays and finally a no go.

But… with a promise for GR3 and the community stuck together, despite this bucket of cold water we got thrown into our heads.

We actually started to believe that there was going to be a Ghost Recon3 and once the majority of the community was convinced, the inevitable request came: “Why wait till tomorrow if we can get it today? Give us info, give us a demo, give us the game”.

So Ubisoft decided to release a 75-80% finished game to show they were serious about GR3, using a dialogue between themselves, GRIN and the community, to improve it along the way.

The negative posts are quite similar to each other and if you’ve read one, you’ve read them all.

They also seem to have a hidden statement in common: “We are not satisfied, we tell you why, you tell us we’re wrong”. And the simple assumption: “See, they don’t react, we don’t get no more”, makes you think that this is it.

Some of you behave like a bunch of kids who open their lunch packet just to find out that mom has forgotten fruit or sweets for desert. “I’m not hungry any longer because this is not what I expected”.

The mature ones amongst the dissatisfied should be able to simply dump the game, leave the forum and get on while the younger generation will probably triple their posts.

I’ll tell y’all a secret – but it’s a secret so keep it to yourselves: In Denmark, Sweden is known as the country where “everything is forbidden”. So things take their time. Give GRIN a chance.

I’m convinced Ubisoft/GRIN are aware this game hasn’t been completed but don’t expect them to react to every single item. Expect them to study the forum to find out what is needed most and wait for those improvements to come.

The more positive and constructive you are, the better are the chances that you actually get what you want.

Being offended because the candy wasn’t there, does not contribute to anything.

Take care out there.

why is this always have to be a clone , if i talk about "like a game" i do not mean clone

i'm sure not, we all expect to get a better game with new ideas but in a the same gene

and CS and [GR] ? FPS

don’t get me wrong i did not say that [GR] was bad, i did not like it , as i don’t like CS, its just to simple for me, and to fast (kill after kill)

BTW if you take the vehicles out BF2 then it becomes a tactical shooter as well (IMO) and that most BF2's do like to do (infantry only)

so IMO GRAW was aiming in that direction, but did not wanted to take the risk making the fans of the GR series to upset so they came up with this

and I’m still saying with GRAW engine, this unbelievably awesome maps, and some of the great features GRAW does have, GRAW would have sold to most of the BF2 community if they just would had guts to do what they originally wanted to do

As a matter of fact I would say that 95% of the GRAW community wanted it to be a [GR] clone, of course with some updates, but not a different game. Hence why the community as of right now is so small.

If this game was an [GR] clone, and the same people posting about making it a CS/BF2 copy

were posting the same things, the old school [GR] guys would run you off. but since the game is not that, they dont hang around here except for a select few that enjoy this game.

BF2 witout vehicles is still run and gun, no offense, but it is what it is. I dont play it for that reason. Vehicles are not the problem with that game, as shown with Operation Flashpoint, and the soon to be released Armed Assault, they both show you can have vehicles and still remain tactical, BF2 does not deliver "tactical" with or witout vehicles.

Dont get me wrong, every game has its own tactics whether its OG, GRAW, CS, BF2, and Barbie Saves Christmas. But to this community BF2, CS, and others do not give us what we want.

Main point of this post is to tell you we dont like the BF2 tactical ways, we want the [GR] tactical ways. BF2 has no place here. If Ubi wanted to make the game like BF2 then so be it, they just lost another customer, and Im sure more would follow, but not to go play BF2.

Now if you honestly believe the game to be dead and are still here, there are only a few reason for that, and none of them are good.

Winner.

"OMG! THE GAME IS TRYING TO BE CS!11!1!1!"

Eh hem, this is two months after launch. You want us to have a complete game? UBI wanted this damn thing to be rushed. Go play something else while this is being fixed.

:lol:

I think we could get on at last!

Back to America`s Army, not that good pal!

Operation Flahpoint, i just got a liking too!

:thumbsup:

and CS and [GR] ? FPS

buddy, BF2 is not god. if you can understand that there are people who actually despise the game, we're half-way there... so yea, believe it or not, some developers don't want their games to feel anything even remotely similar to BF2, let alone try and cater to the same crowd...

to answer your question... while GR was a tactical shooter, BF was always an arcade style shooter. the BF series is down there with CS and CS:Source for me, they're both reflex-based games. if you paid attention, i haven't said a word about GRAW yet...

...which i believe came off as a very pronounced BF2 competitor initially. when people had no idea how to play, all you'd have to do in Domination to score is rush forward, stop at the sight of an enemy and fire first. this felt a lot like the arcadishness of the above mentioned games, only with better weapons... untill people learned to play. turns out the game requires every bit as much caution and skill as the original did, apart from there being no real MP gametypes right now. even in Domination, people reduce the number of respawns and are already able to enjoy some very slow-paced tactics. the game will firther distance itself from BF2 as sson as we get more MP modes, and any BF2 player willing to make a transition to GRAW, will be surprised how much patience and practice being good at this game requires.

:stupid: The ever-eloquent Th33f, everybody. Give it up!

Well said. I DO like BF2, but it's not GR. Every game series has its own unique feel to it, and BF's inbred family vine is no different. GRAW has its quirks, some of which will not be fixed in upcoming patches no matter how much we beg for it, but I love this game already. And for what I've been paying to make my computer run it, I may as well be married to it. I've got two ex's that didn't cost this much... COMBINED!

:g_withgrin:

Its kinda like you have broken up with a girlfriend, but you still call her everynight to tell her how bad she was. Its pointless. Say it once, find a new girl.

That has got to be one of the best analogies I've seen yet to describe what I've been reading on these boards. :rofl:

Its kinda like you have broken up with a girlfriend, but you still call her everynight to tell her how bad she was. Its pointless. Say it once, find a new girl.

That has got to be one of the best analogies I've seen yet to describe what I've been reading on these boards. :rofl:

Highly irrelevant as not everyone who bought the game and played it had a strong attraction to it.

Highly irrelevant as not everyone who bought the game and played it had a strong attraction to it.

Not to be rude, I don't think you get it. If you don't like what you have (whatever it may be) and you get rid of it, why carry on griping about it? Like the old saying goes, its kind of like winning a gold medal in the special olympics.......................

Edited by EP_Dog

Not to be rude, I don't think you get it. If you don't like what you have (whatever it may be) and you get rid of it, why carry on griping about it? Like the old saying goes, its kind of like winning a gold medal in the special olympics.......................

Actually, if you are participating in the Special Olympics and win the gold medal, it is considered quite an accomplishment. Not nice.

Your kinda helping me win my arguement here. Going back to the girlfriend statement....... If you did not find her attractive in the first place why are you still calling and telling her so after the first few times? Im pretty sure she understood you the first time.

P.S. noquarter. Ive known Ep for years, Im positive he meant nothing by that statement in a negative way against the Speacial Olympics.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

I don't see the point in arguing on this subject. Everyone is entitled to their opinions as we are not living in a Utopian world. As for the boyfriend/girlfriend analogy, how does that relate to posting one's concerns in forums? It's not like he is calling UBI customer service on a daily basis to remind them how the game fails to satisfy him/her.

I don't see the point in arguing on this subject. Everyone is entitled to their opinions as we are not living in a Utopian world. As for the boyfriend/girlfriend analogy, how does that relate to posting one's concerns in forums? It's not like he is calling UBI customer service on a daily basis to remind them how the game fails to satisfy him/her.

The point is he said the game was dead. Not that the game was horrible and he still had hope.............................. he said "Dead".

Being that he thinks it is dead, why is he here? That is the point.

Im not against people posting negatively at all. People need to get over the mentality of the "man is trying to hold me back" as thats not the case.

If you hate the gametypes, are sick of the bugs, dislike crashing, having issues with hardware, then post. But if you think the game is dead, and you will not play it again, go find another, dont waste your time here.

This is not directed at you .prizm.

And let it be known, I dont dislike any of the people that dont like the game. I know a few people that hate the game, but they are still my friend, but i dont see them posting here everyday, that they hate it, they play other games, and post in other forums.

Which is why I am asking them why they are still here. Its a simple question. But the answer of "Im here to post my dislikes" is not a valid answer after you have posted them numerous times and declared the game dead.

It reminds me of the definition of insane (not the true definition). Doing something the same way over and over again, expecting different results.

Gentlemen, may I cordially draw your attention back to the title of the topic?

We do seem to be rather wandering into the territory of what this game should/shouldn't be, of why people should/shouldn't be posting in this forum and sadly, petty insults.

The question is simply this: given the sequence of events to date - how will AW recover? What will bring people back to AW?