My GRAW CD literally broke in my drive

Yup it broke almost in two parts... Dont know how, I only heard a loud noise coming form my drive, opened it to find the damaged cd...

Was wondering if any of you ever got a CD replaced by UBI or other source? Do you think it is possible or am I ######ed?

screwed.

Thats annoying as crap too... I had a ravenshield Disc do that. Its a faulty disc and it happens from time to time.

Other then the rvs disc i had about 5 cheap CD-Rs do that.

luckly none of thoes were my important back up discs of files i had.

Edited by Prozac360

Would recommend the second thing you do with a game (after installing it) is backup the original disc to DVDR and stow the original for a rainy day...

Would not help, you need the original to play...

Would recommend the second thing you do with a game (after installing it) is backup the original disc to DVDR and stow the original for a rainy day...

Would not help, you need the original to play...

Dang. It worked with DooM2. Farkin technology...

Yup it broke almost in two parts... Dont know how, I only heard a loud noise coming form my drive, opened it to find the damaged cd...

Was wondering if any of you ever got a CD replaced by UBI or other source? Do you think it is possible or am I ######ed?

Ask the retailer where you bought the game. The retail store I work at will replace the damage game for the same game. It helps if you have the receipt, as well.

I don't know but my DVD of Graw got some little scratch... i think ubi should get better dvd and cd quality... I tend to take care of my games cd and my very old games don't have small scratch like that....

One of my friend's brother did some test with retails CD and writable CD, and it seem the result was that retails cd where far more weak than those writable... interesting fact...

Anyway, thats good to know it cost 10$ to change the game, at that price you might as well buy a new one and get 2 licenses this way to play with your brother or sister...

I had this happen with my Original Tribes 1 CD - back in 1999.

I had a Creative Labs 52x CD drive at the time.

When that drive broke my CD, I promptly showed the CD drive what I thought about the entire situation.

But my disc didn't just snap in two. Ohh no. It shattered. Absolutly powderized.

Actually, this is the first time I've heard of it happening... except on the Discovery Channel with the Myth Busters.

its odd you mention that... i watched that episode and 3days later my RVS disc busted into two peices.

It is a fact. :lol:

' date='Jul 18 2006, 07:13 PM' post='400914']

The exact same thing happened to my Kool & the Gang LP in 1978.

I mourn your loss :lol:

If the Cd gets hot then it possible. I pulled my fear dvd out of the driver the other day and it was very hot.

Other than that I have never had that happen to me b4.

Hope it works out for you....

DD

' date='Jul 18 2006, 07:13 PM' post='400914']

The exact same thing happened to my Kool & the Gang LP in 1978.

I mourn your loss :lol:

If the Cd gets hot then it possible. I pulled my fear dvd out of the driver the other day and it was very hot.

Other than that I have never had that happen to me b4.

Hope it works out for you....

DD

Ummm...I said that as a joke...LP's are what we old folks (for the record OliverReed is MUCH older than I) used to listen to music...before CD's...and PC's...Kool and the Gang...ummm...ahem.

nm

I've heard this used to happen a lot with RvS; in fact my RvS play disk still makes very odd noises in my CD Drive.

Anyone know what causes this? Its only my RvS disk which is noisy...

My RvS disc is the only disc to have ever been damaged in my drive. It's currently cracked all the way through on one side. :-( Real bummer.

well my GRAW cd is broken. Not shattered but....My cd drive cannot read it nore can any other of my 3 drives read it. If i leave it in there while booting up, my computer wont boot, it will stay at the windows xp logo screen until i take it out.

Game wont change the disc, and there is no way in hell im buying another copy, after i spent £35 on this game once already. So i just downloaded it and used nero drive that acts as a virtual cd and it works for me. Sure people can say that its illegal, but i paid for the game already, and the disc is not scratched or anything and yet its broken.

Dunno if anyone else has this problems.