Know of a GREAT GRAW server?

AFZ has my vote. Best bunch of guys in the business. If you are tired of being called a hack or cheater, go there. They give you the benefit of the doubt. Good games without the trash, and you may learn some tricks (I did). I have seen to much of "BS", "nice hack", and "W#T#F" to last me a lifetime. That is stuff you won't see flying accross the hud on AFZ. Hats off to AFZ.

WillieP

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the input guys and a big thanks to our loyal supporters. I put the SCE DEDI up as soon as one was available. We have had that bad boy on since week one...and have had over 1800 different players playing in the last 8 weeks ( according to our stat tracker)

I have not had much of a chance to play on BDA's but I know a bunch of our guys do and I have heard strong things about their server. Keep up the good work guys.

I am Definatley open to the suggestions of you all. I think that in the morning I will change the settings to 5 deaths and 15 minutes, and see how that flies.

We can not do anything about the haxors out there at this time, and we also run the AC 24/7. When we get the tools, believe me, we have a nice list of our firt BANNED players. That will keep us busy then.

We are also starting the Custom Maps Weekend, so that people can play those as well as the stock ones. They are all available on our site. Register in the forums and DL them from our DL section. Along with our own custom map Garages, by SCE_Ripper, we currently have the exclussive rights to debut Tom Anger's GRAW Maps. The first of a series was Urban Assault. He is just days away from the release of his 2nd map....watch for it this weekend.

Again Thanks GRIN for the Props and thanks to the community for your support.

Now to start MATCHING!!!!

Edited by SCE_ODiN

ok what do u guys think would be the IDEAL server settings.meaning max deaths max players etc...........just out of curiosity cuz im looking for input from the community. :o=

the old GR setup. either no spawns 5 minutes, or 3 spawns 10 minutes. don't hold back on the players, if the server can handle it. the more the merrier... and laggier.

Yup... more or less... 10 min maps, no respawns. However, you will have a very empty server.

I wonder if there is a mod to eliminate the name tags and/or dimonds. I believe this will help whith performance. Increaseing fps.

Slow

All of the normally populated servers are great, except for SoK's (server name: www.soldierzofkaos.com). I agree with cheese about how immature SoK can get when you are killing them. They like to pretend to be good games, but eventually they will turn on you and resort to name calling. They will tell you to " Get the F out of our server!" or "F you, F that". Especially, when you ask them politely not to spawn camp so you could have a chance to play; which of course is what mostly fuels their anger.

Edited by intelfactor

ok what do u guys think would be the IDEAL server settings.meaning max deaths max players etc...........just out of curiosity cuz im looking for input from the community. :o=

the old GR setup. either no spawns 5 minutes, or 3 spawns 10 minutes. don't hold back on the players, if the server can handle it. the more the merrier... and laggier.

We set up similar to this... Currently 5 max death and 15 minute games. Problem is the peeps playing do not like it as much but we do get A lot of the old GR1 clans stopping by.

This week though it may go to 15 min games 3 deaths... although we have way more traffic with 20 deaths lol...

Most joiners don't understand why they start with 3 to 4 deaths and i am constantly explaining it to them. Some stop by and get vulgar due to this calling us cheaters cuz they have 4 of 5 deaths and such, not realizing it's by design and part of the game.

Some stop by and get vulgar due to this calling us cheaters cuz they have 4 of 5 deaths and such, not realizing it's by design and part of the game.

It was a SHOCKER for some to see the change. I was confused until I read the posts. It is, what it is.

Roco, you and I both know we can't please everyone all the time. Just hope we can do the best for as many people as we can.

I just set the SCE DEDI to 5 deaths, 12 min game (happy Madium LOL) and 500 Tactical points. ( again happy Medium).

Lets see what happens with that. I have a feeling, like you said ROCO, the traffic will drop a bit. Maybe the answer is 10 deaths. Hopefully we can find a good comprimise.

Until then, good luck and good gaming.

Edited by SCE_ODiN

Ideal server settings:

- no respawns

- 5 mn

- limited number of nades (GL & hand nades)

I think that no respawns is the key to have the best tactical games, and despite the lack of a deathcam, dead players will wait because the games won't take too much time.

We set up similar to this... Currently 5 max death and 15 minute games. Problem is the peeps playing do not like it as much but we do get A lot of the old GR1 clans stopping by.

This week though it may go to 15 min games 3 deaths... although we have way more traffic with 20 deaths lol...

Most joiners don't understand why they start with 3 to 4 deaths and i am constantly explaining it to them. Some stop by and get vulgar due to this calling us cheaters cuz they have 4 of 5 deaths and such, not realizing it's by design and part of the game.

well i joined yesterday and was shot three times again by someone camping near my spawn poin, i had 10 seconds of life in 5 deaths.... that was no fun I can assure you. Though I like the idea of being more carefull you need to keep a good lookout for cheaters/spawnkillers

hope to se you out there again. :ph34r:

OK.

So I played alot of SCE lastnight. It's like the server is lagging or something - none of the shots I seemed to make "counted". Granted, you could say "you suck" but when there's 4 other guys commenting on the same thing in voice-comms with me, there's something up.

So I don't know if I'll be playing there much anymore.

I then attempted to play on Ghost Squad - which they turned Weapons Free off. So now I'm stuck fighting people with rifles with my pistol.

So I don't think I'll be playing there anymore.

I tried BDA the other day - but they've still got limited deaths on.

######, I guess I'm not gonna be playing this game anymore.

Right now as it is, Domination kinda enables spwncamping. There are alot of players with the mindset to go kill the enemy as quickly as you can, so they dont have a chance to get out and capture spawns, so they work their way close to the spawn point and camp it.

And this is a sound tactic, as the more people you kill near the spawn, the less people are out there tryin to take away your zones. Plus the spawn points offer the only true choke points.

The only thing that will stop this is TDM no respawns, or limited to maybe 3 so fun could be had.

As long as Domination is the gametype, spawn camping will be there. Well its not true spawn camping all the time, but people hovering just outside your spawn daring you to cross that line so to speak.

OK.

So I played alot of SCE lastnight. It's like the server is lagging or something - none of the shots I seemed to make "counted". Granted, you could say "you suck" but when there's 4 other guys commenting on the same thing in voice-comms with me, there's something up.

I then attempted to play on Ghost Squad - which they turned Weapons Free off. So now I'm stuck fighting people with rifles with my pistol.

I restarted the DEDI this morning. There is a 5 death limit on, just trying out.

Don't know what would have caused the lag for ya. Were are you located? The DEDI is in Dallas, TX. What was your ping?

Hope the restart fixed it for ya.

Odin:

That's what I don't understand. I ping ~110 to it - so it shouldn't be as bad as it seemed.

Others were pringing roughly the same as I, there was another person who pinged in the 200's, but that was it.

Typically I ping very well to TX servers - I think it might not be the host itself, and be the actual game.

OK.

Sorry to hear your trouble with Ghost squad server. if you come into the server late then you dont get the starting Tact point till the end of the round so i lowered the round time also.

But if come in at the start of the round the Start tact points is at 2000. I think thats plenty.

Lets people buy what they want but still need to use some kind of tact...

Any feedback is welcome in our forums @ Ghost Squad

If those settigns dont agree with you there is also Ghost Squad #2 which has all the old settings applied to it basically i moved those settings of the more populated server to my Dual Xeon Server..

Try that out let me know how it goes

I think it's funny how people complain about spawn-camping. If there's one thing that realistic soldiers know, it's that sentry/guard duty sucks. Why do they all know this? Because they ALL had to do it. Rear Area Security: It's what's for dinner.

Competent teams would just say that YOU can't leave the spawn point until the next person spawns. Simple. And if a camper arrives, you text the team that there's a spawn camper. Team responds. problem solved.

I have NO problem with someone camping NEAR the spawn. Once I start to move out from the spawn position, I am actively engaging in the battle. I deserve to be killed if I can't defend myself.

but what I've SEEN often in this game is someone camping with the actual spawn point in his/her direct line of sight. Not 50 meters away. Popping off players AS THEY SPAWN. Sometimes even standing in the area where they spawn and capping them off at 3-5 meters. THAT is overkill.

YES, the spawn/REARAREA should be protected better, but this is a game and it's intended to be fun. Dying before you have a chance to move is never fun for anyone except the spawn camper.

Server admin's choice to allow it or not, and even then they don't have much of a choice at the moment. And I do like your idea about the guard duty- always at least ONE troop in the spawn, rotating duty. If I were used to playing in respawn-enabled servers (trippin back to [GR]) then it would already have made sense. Thanks for a GREAT tip there!

I have NO problem with someone camping NEAR the spawn. Once I start to move out from the spawn position, I am actively engaging in the battle. I deserve to be killed if I can't defend myself.

but what I've SEEN often in this game is someone camping with the actual spawn point in his/her direct line of sight. Not 50 meters away. Popping off players AS THEY SPAWN. Sometimes even standing in the area where they spawn and capping them off at 3-5 meters. THAT is overkill.

Server can be set up with a spawn invincalility (cant spell) from 1-10 sec. So camping in sight of a spawn wont work.

Odin:

That's what I don't understand. I ping ~110 to it - so it shouldn't be as bad as it seemed.

Others were pringing roughly the same as I, there was another person who pinged in the 200's, but that was it.

Typically I ping very well to TX servers - I think it might not be the host itself, and be the actual game.

Well I hope it gets better for you. If you need anything hop on our Site and let me know.

www.shadowcompanyelite.com

Peace

OK.

I like this limited guns thing, Once I got stuck with a pistol,a nd it changes gameplay totally, you need to run, hide and stalk your victims to fully use it, nearby the fast rate of fire and easy aiming make good for lack of power... i made quite some kills with the glock 9or I think it wasthe glock, havend learned all gunnames out of my head yet)

Server can be set up with a spawn invincalility (cant spell) from 1-10 sec. So camping in sight of a spawn wont work.

well in that case I would like to be invincible for at least 5 sec, not to take advantage of it but just to survive.

next time it happens I will report the player that killed me 3 tims in a row within one minute Not to be a whiner, but just to keep gameplay fun for everyone (well everyone is impossible, but being shot as you enter a game tima after time is fun for nobody, even the shooter is bored i recon)

To date I like dom the most since you need to cooperate, and dont have the trouble of a slow/buggy coop-host or the dm cheaters (or possible cheaters)

As of tomorrow, we are gonna push the limit on our server to 3 spawns only and see how it works versus turnout. 10 min games also. anything less then 10 ends up being a rush to try to get it dominated, and not tactical in any sense.

Let me know how it turns out Roco. GL.

We are putting on a few new maps for this weekend...trying a custom map weekend.

Hope we don't drive too many peeps away.

Oh and the Christian gamers server

Runs good when its up

Thanks cheese for the plug. :thumbsup:

As soon as the server & admin software is out, we will have a dedicated server.

I guarantee you all to have a good time playing on our server.

As of tomorrow, we are gonna push the limit on our server to 3 spawns only and see how it works versus turnout. 10 min games also. anything less then 10 ends up being a rush to try to get it dominated, and not tactical in any sense.

Let me know how it turns out Roco. GL.

We are putting on a few new maps for this weekend...trying a custom map weekend.

Hope we don't drive too many peeps away.

It's up as of this morning... and our message of the day states the settings

10 min games

Max Deaths 3

And although not in the motd a 5 sec invul for people that spawn in to help stop in the same zone spawn rapes.

We'll see how many we get on and complain tonight.