CANADIAN UNIFORMS

• 3 weeks later...

I did these for my good playing buddy, Blade, from Thunder Bay, Canada.

canuni.jpg

canuni1.jpg

UNIFORM DOWNLOAD ADDRESS:

http://www.specforce.net/files/dd2/skins/graw/canuni.zip

I really like your Canadian uniforms mod and I am not even Canadian, which is what I am currently using that is until I can download your "101ST AIRBORNE LONG RANGE RECON PATROL, The crazy "Lurps" of the 101st..." mod. Please provide a download site for that mod.

Thanks,

ghstbstr

• 2 weeks later...

canuni.jpg

canuni1.jpg

I really like your Canadian uniforms mod and I am not even Canadian, which is what I am currently using that is until I can download your "101ST AIRBORNE LONG RANGE RECON PATROL, The crazy "Lurps" of the 101st..." mod. Please provide a download site for that mod.

Thanks,

ghstbstr

Sorry that I didn't see your post until now. I'll put up the 101st address as soon as I get a chance.

canuni.jpg

canuni1.jpg

Thanks,

ghstbstr

Sorry that I didn't see your post until now. I'll put up the 101st address as soon as I get a chance.

DOWNLAOD 101ST LONG RANGE RECON SKINS AT: http://www.specforce.net/files/dd2/skins/graw/101stlrrp.zip

Edited by SOF_WOLFF

You all of course realize that the skin mod is not an authentic current nor previous Canadian camo pattern (we use CARPAT now) and there are no "Royal Marines" in the Canadian Forces.

The uniforms are mine, and not meant to match an actual uniform. As mentioned above, they were done for my Canadian friend just to give him a Canadian feel rather than US. Since there is no such group as GRAW as yet, I felt it would be all right to create a new Canadian unit. I did find an association online of Canadian men who had been with the famous WWII English Royal Marine Commandos and decided to use that patch along with the Canadian flag.

Edited by SOF_WOLFF

The uniforms are mine, and not meant to match an actual uniform. As mentioned above, they were done for my Canadian friend just to give him a Canadian feel rather than US. Since there is no such group as GRAW as yet, I felt it would be all right to create a new Canadian unit. I did find an association online of Canadian men who had been with the famous WWII English Royal Marine Commandos and decided to use that patch along with the Canadian flag.

OK, I see what your intention is.

Yes, some Canadians did go back to England and enlist with British forces in previous World Wars, but they would have been fighting under the auspicies of the Union Jack.

The real-life Canadian elite "commandos" are called Joint Task Force 2, and are just as secretive as Delta.

OK, I see what your intention is.

Yes, some Canadians did go back to England and enlist with British forces in previous World Wars, but they would have been fighting under the auspicies of the Union Jack.

The real-life Canadian elite "commandos" are called Joint Task Force 2, and are just as secretive as Delta.

Joint Task Force 2 sounds interesting. Any Canadians out there who would like a set of uniforms for that unit? I'd be happy to try and create it if you do.

In checking online for more info on Task Force 2, I found the following photo of the uniform used in one case (there are others) and I've pasted the patch for the group on from the International Task Force so you can see it.

tf2.jpg

Here is a second picture I found of Task Force 2 uniforms:

tf2a.jpg

Edited by SOF_WOLFF

tf2a.jpg

So, they sometimes wear British Army DPM? If you put that in the mod, I have a seamless swatch of the British Army DPM (among over 100 other seamless/non-seamless camo swatches of other countries' camo schemes) you could use; I'm currently using it for my mod for [GR].

tf2a.jpg

So, they sometimes wear British Army DPM? If you put that in the mod, I have a seamless swatch of the British Army DPM (among over 100 other seamless/non-seamless camo swatches of other countries' camo schemes) you could use; I'm currently using it for my mod for [GR].

Sounds great! If you are willing to share the camo sheets I would be glad to do the uniforms. If you have should patches you would recommend and could lead me to that would also be very helpful. In this case I would like to keep it as "real" as possible. Let me know if you have a download location for them.

Sounds great! If you are willing to share the camo sheets I would be glad to do the uniforms. If you have should patches you would recommend and could lead me to that would also be very helpful. In this case I would like to keep it as "real" as possible. Let me know if you have a download location for them.

That must be a pic from years ago. I don't think JTF2 uses uniforms like that anymore, but no one can really technically confirm since they are so secretive :ph34r::P

Regular Cdn Forces definitely don't use that camo pattern anymore.

tf2a.jpg

Let's take this discussion to PM, I might a camo pattern to suit you (even if u don't use the DPM). I've even a a few of my own digital camo patterns, including the exclusive WytchDokta camo. I even made a non-digital one of big brown splodges on a green background aptly named "COWPAT" :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the official pics of JTF-2: http://www.dcds.forces.gc.ca/units/jtf2/pages/gallery_e.asp

As far as uniforms go, when they are doing "Green" ops, the SOP is to wear the same uniform as a conventional soldier so that they blend in. :ph34r: They do wear different clothing for different ops - i.e. civilian-style dress for security, black/blue police-style dress for that kind of work. They have a "patch" but you won't find it on anyone's arm.... except maybe a poser.

The CF has only recently procured sufficient quantities of CADPAT-AR (desert digital camo) uniforms, so you may see pics labeled JTF-2 with guys in other desert camo patterns (British, US).

tf2a.jpg

That photo is not Canada's JTF-2, it's associated with an Combined Joint Task Force Exercise - an entirely different beast.

Here's the original page: http://www.jfcom.mil/newslink/photolib/cjt...-3725R-004.html