New GRAW MOD

no wait! now I understand! oh btw, sorry digitaly for hijacking your thread!

ill be real quick!:)

Poita, you havent bought the game , right?so you have only seen screenshots.right, well the early screenshots DID have a fog of wall! I had completley forgotten about it

this is what it looked like

GRAW_PC_SP_08_big.jpg

that is not what graw looks like now.not one pixel on the screenshoot(well a couple of them) is the same as in the actual game. since then the graw distance(pun intended) has been pushed back a lot..like..10 miles or so;).. lol.. how much things change from start to finish.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the draw distance as far as buildings and whatnot in GRAW is amazing, I just wish it would draw the enemies at the same distance :)

Back on Topic.

That bridge looks great. Im already picturing myself crossing that bridge in TDM while my teamates lay down cover fire. Leapfrogging all the way across.

Wish I was that talented. :angry:

That bridge looks great. Im already picturing myself crossing that bridge in TDM while my teamates lay down cover fire. Leapfrogging all the way across.

I was thinking about adding the option to request the launch of smoke grenades from artillery to cross that bridge..a one time request to help fellow rushers :)

I was thinking about adding the option to request the launch of smoke grenades from artillery to cross that bridge..a one time request to help fellow rushers :)

Now that would be a feature that I'd really like to see!

Wish I was that talented.

Dito :notworthy:

What time period is this set in ? Current OIF time frame or based into the future ?

New player models ? New weapon models ?

Is it based on Army SF or can you choose different units...SEALs, CAG, Rangers ?

And will the enemy be insurgent/terrorist, local militia ?

Just a general question, is it possible to add in class based gameplay ? So you can choose between Rifleman, Designated Marksman, Support, Medic so on ?

What time period is this set in ? Current OIF time frame or based into the future ?

-fictional events a few years from now..it should be kurdistan indipendentists vs iraqui army, with turkish army SP and US SP giving "underground" support to each faction..

New player models ? New weapon models ?

-probably a few changes in the player model to better fit the new desert camo (same thing for the enemy model..).

I think new weapons should be part of a dedicated mod done by very expert people..also the original weapons are perfect for the needs of this mod (maybe we will only add a few custom items like a binocular..)

and don't forget we would like to release something in a timely fashion :rolleyes:

Is it based on Army SF or can you choose different units...SEALs, CAG, Rangers ?

-we like ghosts, also the story behind the mod prevent the use of those units ;)

And will the enemy be insurgent/terrorist, local militia ?

-indipendentists + Turkish SP. I have a few ideas to add the presence of civilians (but in a way that they can't be harmed)

Just a general question, is it possible to add in class based gameplay ? So you can choose between Rifleman, Designated Marksman, Support, Medic so on ?

-hmm first we need to see the TDM structure in the next patch.. :shifty:

Ah very good, thankyou for the response.

I agree with the weapons mod idea, are there any groups out there currently working on such a mod ?

Also, are new player models able to be implemented yet ? Not just changing the texture of the skin, but totally overhauling the player model to something not so sci fi ? :)

Definately keeping an eye on this one. Good luck with it !!

we are thinking about adding a sewer sublevel.. very dark and suitable for CQC but also with some strategic elements like:

- dynamic lighting system (destroyable)

- limited battery for night vision goggles

- a few sections of the sewer will collapse with explosives

(btw we will need a few scripts changes so don't get too excited coz 1st we need the decompiler)

in the meantime I did a quick render to show the main concept (but the whole sewer idea is trespasser's so credits go to him :thumbsup: )

wip%20sewer.jpg

we are thinking about adding a sewer sublevel.. very dark and suitable for CQC but also with some strategic elements

Wow! Add in an improvised trench network to that sewer system and you guys will have created the Alamo! Really looking forward to this...great job!